Topic Wiki

Gosh, is this so complicated? He was a true American hero. Period. Full stop.

RIP.

HT: beeweegee

Author Topic: RIP John McCain  (Read 9554 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: RIP John McCain
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2018, 05:41:41 PM »
Has his views changed, of course. Don't turn into a typical Trumpster by using that word when describing him.
No sir. I am not talking about his views. I am talking about these kinds of things:

Last time I checked, the POTUS is the commander in chief. For a person of military background to put out such a tweet, means something else changed besides for his views. I am not comparing him to Trump, nor am I discussing Trump. As pointed out, it was McCain who decided to politicize all of this. And unfortunately, that will now become part of his legacy.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:47:38 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »
No sir. I am not talking about his views. I am talking about these kinds of things:

?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1005614491768360960&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.dansdeals.com%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D95295.0

Last time I checked, the POTUS is the commander in chief. For a person of military background to put out such a tweet, means something else changed besides for his views. I am not comparing him to Trump, nor am I discussing Trump. As pointed out, it was McCain who decided to politicize all of this. And unfortunately, that will now become part of his legacy.
Last time I checked he was in the US Senate and not the military. What changed is we have a despicable person as president that is doing untold damage to this country.

Glad your not discussing Trump.  ::)
Trump, and his style, are far from being my cup of tea, but unfortunately in the reality of today's day and age, it seems like class and finesse have gone the way of the dodo. So all we have to look at is the end results. And I think Trump seems to be delivering on those (despite the fact that the road there might be bumpy). Trade deal signed with Mexico today (I have no idea what the details are, but the bottom line is that there's something there that was signed by both parties.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2018, 05:54:51 PM »

after all it was Johns decision to politicize his funeral by dis-inviting the current president, you cant expect much from trump in such a case.

This thread is making my head explode. The man's funeral is not a swearing in ceremony. Again, on what planet would any of you want someone who mocked and denigrated you in the worst possible way to be at your funeral unless it was to ask forgiveness, which Trump is incapable of?

What a a load of nonsense. You would have wanted your senator to shout from the hilltops against Obama's policies. Were was your loyalty to the commander in chief when congress invited Netanyahu against his wishes?
Quote from: ExGingi
[Stating things eloquently] seems to be Yehuda57's job around here :)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2018, 06:02:42 PM »
Don't worry it will get worse.  :)
I'm checking out. Just for the record, I don't get how people let their minds get twisted by the gangster Trump, and lower themselves to his kindergarten level brain, with his denigrating everyone normal, and all of a sudden left is right and right is left.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2018, 06:05:25 PM »
What a a load of nonsense. You would have wanted your senator to shout from the hilltops against Obama's policies. Were was your loyalty to the commander in chief when congress invited Netanyahu against his wishes?

It is one thing to shout against the POTUS's policies, it's another to talk directly to foreigners against the POTUS. I pointing this out in the context of his military background. There are certain things that civilians might have the liberty to do, which military personnel do not. I am fully aware that he was a civilian at the time of that tweet, but I would think that a person with a military background would stick to certain standards when it comes to the commander in chief.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2018, 06:19:09 PM »
BTW, 3 days before Trump's hero comment McCain said that the Trump voters are "the crazies in the GOP"
Doesn't make Trump right, just pointing it out.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2018, 06:44:18 PM »
BTW, 3 days before Trump's hero comment McCain said that the Trump voters are "the crazies in the GOP"
Doesn't make Trump right, just pointing it out.
What you are trying to do is justify what Trump said. I don't care who said what when. Trump not only disrespected McCain but every American that put on the uniform, especially the POW. This from a coward, draft dodging, bone spur president.

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2018, 06:56:04 PM »
*BOMBSHELL ALERT*
in a shocking turn of events everyone's perspective on this lines right up with their political leanings.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2018, 07:08:10 PM »
*BOMBSHELL ALERT*
in a shocking turn of events everyone's perspective on this lines right up with their political leanings.
Honoring a true American hero is not political. Bringing the other crap into this thread was unnecessary but no way am I going to let it go unchecked. This didn't even need to be moved to its own thread until the crap was brought in.

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2018, 07:11:38 PM »
Honoring a true American hero is not political. Bringing the other crap into this thread was unnecessary but no way am I going to let it go unchecked. This didn't even need to be moved to its own thread until the crap was brought in.
*BOMBSHELL ALERT*
Extremely political person thinks his political opinion is apolitical.
(I think i should sell that headline to the onion)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
Re: Re: RIP/BDE Master Thread
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2018, 07:13:58 PM »
Maybe you should take reading comprehension 101. I guess stating a fact is now political.  ::)
A true American HERO!!!

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Re: RIP/BDE Master Thread
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2018, 07:51:51 PM »
Maybe you should take reading comprehension 101. I guess stating a fact is now political.  ::)
Everything is political for some people. Facts can become "alternative facts" very quickly these days.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2018, 07:53:47 PM »
Come on. Every time someone sneezes you are looking at it as either a pro or anti trump sneeze.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2018, 07:59:02 PM »
Come on. Every time someone sneezes you are looking at it as either a pro or anti trump sneeze.
There was no need to turn this into a political discussion in the RIP/BDE Master Thread. This had to be moved because the Trumpsters had to go there. I have the political thread to tear him a new one.

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2018, 08:04:46 PM »
What you are trying to do is justify what Trump said. I don't care who said what when. Trump not only disrespected McCain but every American that put on the uniform, especially the POW. This from a coward, draft dodging, bone spur president.
I'm guessing you only read the first line?