Author Topic: Best Mattress?  (Read 3494 times)

Offline wayfe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Best Mattress?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 09:29:58 PM »
We splurged on Stearns & Foster mattresses and I don't regret it all.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
Richard Feynman

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 09:30:34 PM »
We splurged on Stearns & Foster mattresses and I don't regret it all.
We got the Fairmont Stearns & Foster after stackable BF coupons. Amazing bed.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2018, 10:16:02 PM »
Do you remember total cost (after all coupons)?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2018, 10:19:27 PM »
Do you remember total cost (after all coupons)?
There was a 20% bonus on Fairmont GCs+25% off Fairmont store+2 free down pillows+FS.
Don't recall cost.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2018, 10:46:13 PM »
I'd love to try it, but that's the problem. I've become spoiled being able to try these bed in box variations risk free, but I'm sure Stearns & Foster (like the W Store) provide no such opportunity. Bummer.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2018, 10:47:07 PM »
There was a 20% bonus on Fairmont GCs+25% off Fairmont store+2 free down pillows+FS.
Don't recall cost.
What's FS?

Do you recall if they had this promo the Black Friday before the one you bought? Trying to gauge the likelihood of it coming back for 2018.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 10:59:05 PM »
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2018, 11:04:22 PM »
They have it every BF.
Free ship.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »
Thanks!

Online eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »
What's "BF"?

I had W plush top mattresses for about 8 years and recently went for the Casper (the "Casper"). I find that it feels like sleeping on a foam padding compared to the brighter and more defined support of the W mattress. We're coming up to the end of 90 days and I'm thinking of returning. I bought it (+ sheets and pillows) using a $300 off $1,500 Amex offer on my SPG card, stacked with a 10% off coupon code.

I'm thinking of trying Nectar, a cheaper mattress in a box company. Nectar is not as well rated by Consumer Reports, but they have a 365 day risk-free trial period, so that's tempting.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2018, 11:54:36 AM »
What's "BF"?

I had W plush top mattresses for about 8 years and recently went for the Casper (the "Casper"). I find that it feels like sleeping on a foam padding compared to the brighter and more defined support of the W mattress. We're coming up to the end of 90 days and I'm thinking of returning. I bought it (+ sheets and pillows) using a $300 off $1,500 Amex offer on my SPG card, stacked with a 10% off coupon code.

I'm thinking of trying Nectar, a cheaper mattress in a box company. Nectar is not as well rated by Consumer Reports, but they have a 365 day risk-free trial period, so that's tempting.

Black Friday.

We just initiated a return on our Casper Wave.  Debating whether to try 'tipping' the got junk folks to possibly put them in my basement.

I think next I'll try Purple.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »
None of these beds in a box are going to compare to a traditional mattress.

Online eliteflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2018, 11:58:18 AM »

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2018, 11:58:48 AM »

That's my worry.

Thus far, the Wave, which is supposedly Casper's best effort, didn't come close to my W Store Plush Top (which apparently has been discontinued).

Online eliteflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2018, 11:59:50 AM »
Clearly they're designed differently so collapse and be vacum sealed into a box, but is it necessarily true that there are no sleepers for whom one of the beds in a box will provide a night's rest on par with a traditional mattress?

Thus far, the Wave, which is supposedly Casper's best effort, didn't come close to my W Store Plush Top (which apparently has been discontinued).
I believe Consumer Reports actually rates the "Casper" better than the more expensive "Wave".