Author Topic: Best Mattress?  (Read 40235 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Best Mattress?
« on: September 02, 2018, 10:41:44 PM »
In the market for a new bed to replace my life-changing W Hotel Plush Top mattress (apparently, W Hotels no longer sells the plush  :'( ).

Tried the Casper Wave the last 90 days, and I am less than enchanted.

I'd try the W Hotel Pillow Top (esp with $500 off thru Tuesday), but W Hotel has a no returns policy on beds...

Any other recommendations?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline yakrot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Best Mattress?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 12:03:33 AM »
Was written about on a different thread today but I’m happy with my sealy mattresses purchased from Freidmans bedding in Lakewood. Although I do wonder the difference between his sealy mattresses and the sealy’s sold in costco

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 12:50:42 AM »
Your mattress needs replacing already?
Can't use Amex return protection to try the W mattress?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 12:52:09 AM »
Your mattress needs replacing already?
Can't use Amex return protection to try the W mattress?

Had it for 7 years, but in any event, I'm moving them to another bedroom, so we need new ones.

W Mattress is ~$1000, only $300 of which would be covered by RP.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 01:44:17 AM »
Had it for 7 years, but in any event, I'm moving them to another bedroom, so we need new ones.

W Mattress is ~$1000, only $300 of which would be covered by RP.
If you get creative it could be covered under PP
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline bb1836

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 01:19:29 PM »
In the market for a new bed to replace my life-changing W Hotel Plush Top mattress (apparently, W Hotels no longer sells the plush  :'( ).

Tried the Casper Wave the last 90 days, and I am less than enchanted.

I'd try the W Hotel Pillow Top (esp with $500 off thru Tuesday), but W Hotel has a no returns policy on beds...

Any other recommendations?
Purple Mattress? expensive though

Also are you able to try other brands that have the 100 nights return policy and see which is actually best? I really wanna try that...
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 01:38:12 PM »

Also are you able to try other brands that have the 100 nights return policy and see which is actually best? I really wanna try that...
I tried tuft and needle both options. They were good. However I had no way of knowing if it will last so I returned them

Offline bb1836

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 01:42:39 PM »
I tried tuft and needle both options. They were good. However I had no way of knowing if it will last so I returned them
no issues returning?
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 02:14:17 PM »
You could just switch mattresses every three months and never actually have to pay for a mattress...
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 02:28:02 PM »

Maybe I'll try the new 4 inch Purple, which is even more expensive than Casper Wave.

But if it's as mind-blowing as they claim, it'll be worth it.

I love the 100-day trial.  If W Store had that, I'd likely have already gotten their pillow top and not looked back. Their mistake.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 02:29:23 PM »
You could just switch mattresses every three months and never actually have to pay for a mattress...

I'm assuming these companies will not ship more than 2 times (once to try, and once to tell them you've made a huge mistake and should have never have returned the one you had...).

All these guys have 10 year warranties... not sure how much they're worth any more or less than any other traditional mattress company's warranty is worth.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 02:30:18 PM »
I'm assuming these companies will not ship more than 2 times (once to try, and once to tell them you've made a huge mistake and should have never have returned the one you had...).
I meant to switch companies every three months.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »
I meant to switch companies every three months.

I know what you meant.

There is a finite number of companies, and hopefully a longer finite number of days/months/years, you'll need a bed.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2018, 02:32:19 PM »
I know what you meant.

There is a finite number of companies, and hopefully a longer finite number of days/months/years, you'll need a bed.
Well yea but you can have a free mattress for a year + and then decide which you like best.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 02:33:54 PM »
Well yea but you can have a free mattress for a year + and then decide which you like best.

Sure, and that's what I may do. I was simply responding to your "never actually have to pay for a mattress" comment.

if your wife is making you move because of snoring give me a call ;D

lol, if that were the reason, I wouldn't need a new bed... I'd keep the one I have... in the new room :)

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 02:34:55 PM »
Sure, and that's what I may do. I was simply responding to your "never actually have to pay for a mattress" comment.

lol, if that were the reason, I wouldn't need a new bed... I'd keep the one I have... in the new room :)
Yea, I obviously didn't mean forever.

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 02:38:34 PM »
no issues returning?
Very easy process. They called one 800 got junk and scheduled a pick up. It was kind of painful for me to see them put a brand new mattress less than a week old into the back of a junk truck. They say they try and donate the mattresses but in New Jersey they can’t because of legal issue

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 02:43:08 PM »
Wow, that's horrible...

$3500+ in Casper Wave mattresses is about to be junked :(

I'd probably keep this mattress if they offered a sizable discount, but I know they won't -- and can't -- because they don't want to set a precedent.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 02:45:10 PM »
Wow, that's horrible...

$3500+ in Casper Wave mattresses is about to be junked :(

I'd probably keep this mattress if they offered a sizable discount, but I know they won't -- and can't -- because they don't want to set a precedent.
Buy it from the junk company.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 02:48:13 PM »
Very easy process. They called one 800 got junk and scheduled a pick up. It was kind of painful for me to see them put a brand new mattress less than a week old into the back of a junk truck. They say they try and donate the mattresses but in New Jersey they can’t because of legal issue
I believe 1800GOTJUNK has a policy where the workers can actually keep what is thrown out of they want. Dunno if it applies to a pickup like this where a different corporation has a deal with them, but maybe all 1800GOTJUNK workers have $3500 mattresses.
I'm not who you think I am.