Author Topic: Best Mattress?  (Read 40226 times)

Online Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Best Mattress?
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2018, 02:50:46 PM »
I tried tuft and needle both options. They were good. However I had no way of knowing if it will last so I returned them
I have tuft and needle and I'm very happy with them.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 02:51:53 PM »
Buy it from the junk company.

Wouldn't have even considered that, assuming that Casper required the junk company to show evidence of its destruction, but then:

I believe 1800GOTJUNK has a policy where the workers can actually keep what is thrown out of they want. Dunno if it applies to a pickup like this where a different corporation has a deal with them, but maybe all 1800GOTJUNK workers have $3500 mattresses.

Seems from a quick google search that you're right. I wonder if there is a special agreement with Casper, though, that mattresses must be destroyed.

If not, I should totally consider paying the junk guys $500 per mattress upon pickup...
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 02:54:39 PM »
If not, I should totally consider paying the junk guys $500 per mattress upon pickup...
Yep
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »
Wouldn't have even considered that, assuming that Casper required the junk company to show evidence of its destruction, but then:

Seems from a quick google search that you're right. I wonder if there is a special agreement with Casper, though, that mattresses must be destroyed.

But the same issue that 1 800 gotjunk has for donating it to other people they may have    with selling it to you. I was thinking that maybe since they're not selling it the workers can get it for free and because it's free they wouldn't have the issue of legalities
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2018, 02:57:57 PM »
Idk why it isn't worth it for the company to pick it up themselves, clean it, and sell it for a steep discount.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline yakrot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2018, 03:04:02 PM »
I think with mattresses this if Ikelea the issue is bedbugs. I thought the junk guys they should keep it but they told me they are required to send a picture of the mattress in the back of the truck

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2018, 03:04:06 PM »
But the same issue that 1 800 gotjunk has for donating it to other people they may have    with selling it to you. I was thinking that maybe since they're not selling it the workers can get it for free and because it's free they wouldn't have the issue of legalities
I wouldn't be buying it from 800 got junk, I'd be buying it from the employee who takes ownership of it, who in turn, then sells it to me :)

Or gifts it to me when I give him 500 reason to do so...
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2018, 03:16:49 PM »
They can easily take a picture of it on the back of the truck. then take it right back out for you.

Offline ADG

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2018, 01:21:37 PM »
im also in the market, T&N are foam mattresses as are casper and I imagine the W was a traditional. What are some of the reasons one would leave the traditional (hotel style) mattresses.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2018, 08:39:51 PM »
Perfectly happy with the mattress I found in Sleepys (Simmons), found the comparable at 1800mattress.com, negotiated 20% off, and then applied a 20% coupon on top of that.

With the amount of sleep I get, I sleep like a baby on just about any mattress.

Offline wayfe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 09:29:58 PM »
We splurged on Stearns & Foster mattresses and I don't regret it all.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 09:30:34 PM »
We splurged on Stearns & Foster mattresses and I don't regret it all.
We got the Fairmont Stearns & Foster after stackable BF coupons. Amazing bed.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2018, 10:16:02 PM »
Do you remember total cost (after all coupons)?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2018, 10:19:27 PM »
Do you remember total cost (after all coupons)?
There was a 20% bonus on Fairmont GCs+25% off Fairmont store+2 free down pillows+FS.
Don't recall cost.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2018, 10:46:13 PM »
I'd love to try it, but that's the problem. I've become spoiled being able to try these bed in box variations risk free, but I'm sure Stearns & Foster (like the W Store) provide no such opportunity. Bummer.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2018, 10:47:07 PM »
There was a 20% bonus on Fairmont GCs+25% off Fairmont store+2 free down pillows+FS.
Don't recall cost.
What's FS?

Do you recall if they had this promo the Black Friday before the one you bought? Trying to gauge the likelihood of it coming back for 2018.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 10:59:05 PM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2018, 11:04:22 PM »
They have it every BF.
Free ship.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »
Thanks!

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »
What's "BF"?

I had W plush top mattresses for about 8 years and recently went for the Casper (the "Casper"). I find that it feels like sleeping on a foam padding compared to the brighter and more defined support of the W mattress. We're coming up to the end of 90 days and I'm thinking of returning. I bought it (+ sheets and pillows) using a $300 off $1,500 Amex offer on my SPG card, stacked with a 10% off coupon code.

I'm thinking of trying Nectar, a cheaper mattress in a box company. Nectar is not as well rated by Consumer Reports, but they have a 365 day risk-free trial period, so that's tempting.