Author Topic: Croatia/Slovenia + shabbat in Trieste Italy, family of 9, 7 days!! July 2018  (Read 1807 times)

Offline luv2trvlwithfam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
hi all,
 this is my 1st TR. so here goes.
back in February i was walking a travel and tourism show just looking around and out jumped at me this beautiful brochure of the most magnificent wooden bridge etched into the side of the cliff with this tranquil turquoise water.... i just had to know where that was?!?!?!
Vintger Gorge Slovenia, huh... where in the world is that.... i saw other brochures of Slovenia and boy was i hooked!!!!! theres hiking/biking/rafting/canyoning/ziplines and more.. WOW.. what a trip.
for all outdoor/active/nature lovers.... this is a MUST!!!!
away we go. i hit up trip advisor (sorry all, im new to this) and started doing some research.....
Let me start off by saying, Croatia and Slovenia are such beautiful countries, magnificent views and the nicest people, so helpful patient and caring.... they are also not expensive countries....
*** kosher food, we had someone from Milan meet us with large delivery of kosher meats/chickens etc...***
we brought snacks/wraps/tuna etc..... there is a kosher list for Croatia and a  Jewish community in Zagreb, Croatia and chabad in both croatia and slovenia. and a small jewish community in Trieste Italy (which is where we spent shabbat)
day 1- 7am flight - we flew tlv-rjk (rijeka) on arkia airlines, great flight, great service, great timing. (no miles sorry all)
had the car rental company renty.si (super highly recommend) meet us at RJK, they added on a delivery fee as they are based in Slovenia, pricing with the drop off fee, was still better than any other option.
9 seats it was an Opel something was really great, had tons of trunk space. oh yeah it was stick shift.
so we get the van and off we go.
it was appx 2.5 hr drive to our guest house, called Guest house ljubica, we picked that location so we could get a super early start the next morning, which we did.
the guest house was super basic, and super cheap, so you get what you pay for. there was an additional 5 euro charge for the ac remote...hahahaha.
anyways the grounds outside was nice and it served the purpose we needed.... dinner/breakfast was outdoors they had a nice garden with tables/chairs....
but before we got to the guesthouse, we made a stop at kupjak/ravna gora, (which was appx 45minute drive from airport)  i thinks its called adrenalin park kupjak it was literally in the backyard of someones house... but they had an entire wooded area, it was a ropes course, which the kids LOVED!!!!! eddie the guide there, was perfect, so patient, kind and caring.  we found out towards the end, that eddie is actually on the croatian cross country ski team.... after the ropes course some of the kids did the zipline from the top of the hill, and they went FAST!!!
we all loved this place....and again, not expensive at all....
from there it was off to the guest house, appx under 2 hr drive...... the drive was very pretty. got to the guest house checked in, arranged for din and early to bed cause we were going to be at plitvice lake at 7am the next day.....
day 2  Plitvice lake, מה רבו מעשך,
gotta go. ill try to update this again tomorrow.... would love to post pics and my itinerary, just dont know how... all our images are over 256K

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Offline ludmila

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Nice, waiting for the rest!!
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Awesome! Excited to see more about these places. Please do continue! And please see the thread above about posting pictures, would be amazing to see some.

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
Pics pics pics!

Croatia is an incredible place, I spent a whirlwind 24 hours there in March and can't wait to go back for a proper trip.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons