Topic Wiki

To save you time, here's a sum up of this thread. If you're getting married close to NYC (yes, Brooklyn is in NYC) - just go to the Andaz 5th. :)

REMEMBER: You must take your kesubah with you, or give it to someone to hold for you. The kallah has to know where it is.

DRAFT

Lakewood
The American Hotel in Freehold TR by @Yehuda here and here
http://innonmainmanasquan.com/wp/ DrDanny recommended Special secret
http://www.berkeleyhotelnj.com/
https://www.bungalowhotel.net/
Hyatt New Brunswick 55min away

NYC Area
SPG
W Hoboken TR by SamKey
Westin Jersey City
The Westin New York at Times Square
Element New York Times Square West
Le Parker Méridien New York
W New York
St. Regis New York TR by Whacked1

Hyatt
Andaz 5th Ave TR by AJK
Andaz Wall St

Ritz Central Park TR by wonderlust

North Jersey
Hilton Pearl River
Marriott Glen Point
Sheraton Crossroads (mahwah) 
Sheraton Meadowlands
Hilton Woodcliff Lake

Baltimore
Hyatt by the Harbor
DoubleTree/Hilton at Reisterstown Rd
« Last edited by ahron15 on October 09, 2018, 12:25:05 PM »

Author Topic: Hotel for Wedding Night?  (Read 217103 times)

Offline mek

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel for Wedding Night?
« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2013, 01:29:51 AM »

In Asbury park about 1/2 hr from lakewood

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2013, 10:04:47 AM »

In Asbury park about 1/2 hr from lakewood
Not such a nice hotel IME.

Offline mek

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2013, 10:44:33 PM »
Not such a nice hotel IME.

oh. never been there but pictures looked decent

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »
UPDATE:

I just booked the American Hotel in Freehold, which is ~25 min from Lakewood. Thanks Frostboot for the suggestion and the idea to browse Expedia.

Via Expedia, I booked a room with king bed for $140 incl. tax/fees (much cheaper than when I called the hotel directly for pricing). I saw some reviews that mentioned there's a lounge/restaurant that gets loud at times b/c of concerts that go past midnight, but that if the room is on the 3rd floor, you don't hear anything. I called the hotel, and they said the room's already on the 3rd floor, and there are no concerts on Sunday nights anyway so it's usually quiet on Sundays. I then told them it's my wedding night and... they're going to try to upgrade us to a suite if it's available and give us late checkout, 1PM!!!

Thanks so much for all your advice and help guys, you rock!!

Also, just booked a limo for $252 incl. tax/tip. Iy"h this night only happens once in your life, so for $392 why not make it awesome, right!? :)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2013, 11:26:53 AM »
Well, if that the approach, why not just get a chopper instead of a limo? :P

Hey, it's only once (one hopes).
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Frostboot

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2013, 11:34:57 AM »
UPDATE:

I just booked the American Hotel in Freehold, which is ~25 min from Lakewood. Thanks Frostboot for the suggestion and the idea to browse Expedia.

Via Expedia, I booked a room with king bed for $140 incl. tax/fees (much cheaper than when I called the hotel directly for pricing). I saw some reviews that mentioned there's a lounge/restaurant that gets loud at times b/c of concerts that go past midnight, but that if the room is on the 3rd floor, you don't hear anything. I called the hotel, and they said the room's already on the 3rd floor, and there are no concerts on Sunday nights anyway so it's usually quiet on Sundays. I then told them it's my wedding night and... they're going to try to upgrade us to a suite if it's available and give us late checkout, 1PM!!!

Thanks so much for all your advice and help guys, you rock!!

Also, just booked a limo for $252 incl. tax/tip. Iy"h this night only happens once in your life, so for $392 why not make it awesome, right!? :)

Mazel Tov! :)

Offline Frostboot

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2013, 11:37:29 AM »

If I didn't have a sense of humor I would say...

Not a very good joke. With proper hadracha it keeps getting better, much better (though different) than anything served up on the silver screen
  ;)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2013, 11:47:43 AM »
I don't disagree. And thankfully, you seem to have a sense of humor.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2013, 03:19:53 PM »

The limo is driving to the chopper, which is then flying us to JFK where we're catching a flight to EWR and then taking a cab to Freehold.

Offline hertzinstl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2013, 03:44:23 PM »
The limo is driving to the chopper, which is then flying us to JFK where we're catching a flight to EWR and then taking a cab to Freehold.
A cab from ewr?! ??? :P

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2013, 03:45:57 PM »
I would expect no less. After all, it's a once in a lifetime type'a thing!

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2013, 03:47:30 PM »
I would expect no less. After all, it's a once in a lifetime type'a thing!

(one hopes).
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Online whacked1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2013, 04:02:03 PM »
As some of you might have known, I just got engaged. So time I start hitting up this thread, where do u folk think I should go for wedding night? Wedding is in Brooklyn.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2013, 04:17:50 PM »
Andaz Splash Suite (for the tenth time).

MT!

Offline Armadillo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2013, 11:08:47 PM »
If I didn't have a sense of humor I would say...
  ;)
I just reread the last couple pages and realized we are understanding things differently. My comment was very specific for what I understood you to be joking about. I see you probably meant otherwise. My guess is you're not married. My apologies.
Now joke away :D

Offline Frostboot

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 19, 2013, 01:06:12 AM »
I just reread the last couple pages and realized we are understanding things differently. My comment was very specific for what I understood you to be joking about. I see you probably meant otherwise. My guess is you're not married. My apologies.
Now joke away :D

I probably should refrain but here goes. I will do this methodically so we don't speak past each other.

First off, I am very happily married and wouldn't trade my married life for my single years any day of the week. (Well maybe one day a week - there I go again making bad jokes about marriage!!).

Premise 1
While I am very happily married and in a loving committed relationship I am not going to kid myself and say that there isn't every once in a while a moment when I look back with nostalgia at my single days ("the freedom to do what I want when I want etc."). Some (naive, unrealistic ) people would be horrified by such a thought, as if marriage is supposed to be the answer to all the world's problems and eternal sunshine and bliss.  The obvious fact is that marriage makes your life more complicated (duh, you are adding a whole other person to your person + hopefully kids and more responsibilities). The same way there are good days and bad days before you are married there will be good days and bad days after you are married. I agree with you that married life is different and better than single life. Married life is a richer deeper more meaningful life and therefore there is the opportunity for it to be "better", but the flip side to that is that it also has the opportunity to be more "difficult" at times (More difficulty=more enjoyment).

Premise 2
How to cope or deal with the difficult times (in life/in marriage/in everything)? I personally find that staying positive, not taking things too seriously, and being able to laugh about things (especially w/ regard to married life) helps me keep things in perspective and live a positive balanced life. While I definitely believe in different strokes for different folks I sometimes wonder how people could be soooooo serious and not be depressed (or maybe they are). I think everyone would agree we should all aim for balance.

Now that brings me back to my JOKE (I hope you didn't think I was serious) that "after the wedding it all goes downhill" in connection with trying to encourage someone to look at his wedding night as a really special night and to "spring" a couple extra bucks to make it a night to remember forever. It stinks to have to explain a joke but I guess I was referring to the fact that life gets more complex and difficult (and also so much better) with marriage. Every once in a while it is nice to look back to the beginning (your wedding night) when things were so simple and not complex and that one may want that reflection to be something more than a Ramada Jacuzzi (Dan had a funny reaction to that). Granted the joke was not SNL worthy, but I thought it was a bit funny.

While I am sure I misunderstood your reaction…it came across as wayyyy tooooo serious…..at least for me and it warranted a "chillax"!!. I apologize if my subsequent comment offended you as I should've kept it to myself and stuck to my "different strokes for different folks" idea. If being super serious works for you..then by all means...

Anyways, enough seriousness for me  :D I am starting to get depressed and I probably used up my posting limit for the year on this post, but just wanted to clarify. I am also thinking that this may be the wrong thread to discuss all this  ;D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:36:06 AM by Frostboot »

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2013, 01:17:01 AM »
Well said.

But I think I'm gonna have to RTM yehoshuas post:
He said that he reserved a...

...king bed
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Frostboot

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2013, 01:21:55 AM »
Well said.

But I think I'm gonna have to RTM yehoshuas post:
He said that he reserved a...

...king bed

I will help you get a nice room, but once you close the door you are on your own  ;)

Offline Myccrabbi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2013, 01:29:36 AM »
I probably should refrain but here goes. I will do this methodically so we don't speak past each other.

First off, I am very happily married and wouldn't trade my married life for my single years any day of the week. (Well maybe one day a week - there I go again making bad jokes about marriage!!).

Premise 1
While I am very happily married and in a loving committed relationship I am not going to kid myself and say that there isn't every once in a while a moment when I look back with nostalgia at my single days ("the freedom to do what I want when I want etc."). Some (naive, unrealistic ) people would be horrified by such a thought, as if marriage is supposed to be the answer to all the world's problems and eternal sunshine and bliss.  The obvious fact is that marriage makes your life more complicated (duh, you are adding a whole other person to your person + hopefully kids and more responsibilities). The same way there are good days and bad days before you are married there will be good days and bad days after you are married. I agree with you that married life is different and better than single life. Married life is a richer deeper more meaningful life and therefore there is the opportunity for it to be "better", but the flip side to that is that it also has the opportunity to be more "difficult" at times (More difficulty=more enjoyment).

Premise 2
How to cope or deal with the difficult times (in life/in marriage/in everything)? I personally find that staying positive, not taking things too seriously, and being able to laugh about things (especially w/ regard to married life) helps me keep things in perspective and live a positive balanced life. While I definitely believe in different strokes for different folks I sometimes wonder how people could be soooooo serious and not be depressed (or maybe they are). I think everyone would agree we should all aim for balance.

Now that brings me back to my JOKE (I hope you didn't think I was serious) that "after the wedding it all goes downhill" in connection with trying to encourage someone to look at his wedding night as a really special night and to "spring" a couple extra bucks to make it a night to remember forever. It stinks to have to explain a joke but I guess I was referring to the fact that life gets more complex and difficult (and also so much better) with marriage. Every once in a while it is nice to look back to the beginning (your wedding night) when things were so simple and not complex and that one may want that reflection to be something more than a Ramada Jacuzzi (Dan had a funny reaction to that). Granted the joke was not SNL worthy, but I thought it was a bit funny.

While I am sure I misunderstood your reaction…it came across as wayyyy tooooo serious…..at least for me and it warranted a "chillax"!!. I apologize if my subsequent comment offended you as I should've kept it to myself and stuck to my "different strokes for different folks" idea.

Anyways, enough seriousness for me  :D I am starting to get depressed and I probably used up my posting limit for the year on this post, but just wanted to clarify. I am also thinking that this may be the wrong thread to discuss all this  ;D
wow, I need a nap.
If u work for a living, why kill urself working?

Offline Frostboot

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 19, 2013, 01:34:27 AM »
wow, I need a nap.

Was meant to help people fall asleep..considering the hour  :)