Topic Wiki

To save you time, here's a sum up of this thread. If you're getting married close to NYC (yes, Brooklyn is in NYC) - just go to the Andaz 5th. :)

REMEMBER: You must take your kesubah with you, or give it to someone to hold for you. The kallah has to know where it is.

DRAFT

Lakewood
The American Hotel in Freehold TR by @Yehuda here and here
http://innonmainmanasquan.com/wp/ DrDanny recommended Special secret
http://www.berkeleyhotelnj.com/
https://www.bungalowhotel.net/
Hyatt New Brunswick 55min away

NYC Area
SPG
W Hoboken TR by SamKey
Westin Jersey City
The Westin New York at Times Square
Element New York Times Square West
Le Parker Méridien New York
W New York
St. Regis New York TR by Whacked1

Hyatt
Andaz 5th Ave TR by AJK
Andaz Wall St

Ritz Central Park TR by wonderlust

North Jersey
Hilton Pearl River
Marriott Glen Point
Sheraton Crossroads (mahwah) 
Sheraton Meadowlands
Hilton Woodcliff Lake

Baltimore
Hyatt by the Harbor
DoubleTree/Hilton at Reisterstown Rd
« Last edited by ahron15 on October 09, 2018, 12:25:05 PM »

Author Topic: Hotel for Wedding Night?  (Read 214485 times)

Offline Crazy tools

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
Re: Hotel for Wedding Night?
« Reply #280 on: January 23, 2014, 04:34:12 PM »
I'm not chosson yet, but have helped some friends book rooms, and some of these chosson rabbeim say that you must get 2 beds. No roll aways or couches.... :-\

I guess they don't want her feeling bad that you have to sleep on the couch.

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #281 on: January 23, 2014, 06:07:20 PM »

I'm not chosson yet, but have helped some friends book rooms, and some of these chosson rabbeim say that you must get 2 beds. No roll aways or couches.... :-\

Totally agree, it's that plus more.

Offline MC

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 23, 2014, 06:30:50 PM »

Definitely. As part of the (small) female population on ddf, let me just say that I would feel very bad and have heard from married friends that they felt the same

Offline SamKey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #283 on: January 24, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »
Doubt she will ::) :P 8)

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 26, 2014, 06:56:28 PM »
Heyo!

It's been 2 weeks since the wedding!! I figured I would follow up on my trip report (if I can call it that?) especially since Expedia found something wrong with my review and rejected it.  ???

The American Hotel in Freehold worked out beautifully for our Lakewood wedding. My friend drove (in a separate car) to the hotel the morning of with me. We checked in, took a peek at the room and then took his car to the hall. As I said before, they upgraded us - once I said it was our wedding night - to late-checkout and a suite which had a king size bed and a couch (going to avoid commenting on whether it was used or not  ;) ) Bathroom did not have the separate shower/tub situation that was pictured on Expedia but the shower was humongous and had 3 heads coming from different directions (again, will avoid commenting on whether we used it or not ;) ). The limo was beautiful, driver did not care at all that we were running a little late and the ride was about 20-25 minutes as expected. As per a friend's suggestion, I brought Moscato "champagne" and flutes (that he toveled for me) for the limo ride. That experience was definitely fun, and as I said, it was worth it for the once-in-a-lifetime event, but I could hear why someone would save the money and skip it. We already had the key when we got to the hotel, so we just waved to the front desk clerk (who said "Oh, it's the newlyweds!" Was kinda nice how several employees knew it was our special night) and went upstairs. I had her favorite flowers waiting in the room - great suggestion from my Chosson teacher, and the hotel referred me to the local florist and took care of setting them up in the room. Caterer gave us packed food + plastic utensils which was great, but I also picked up snacks earlier that morning for dinner/breakfast. Late checkout was awesome, took our time leaving until we went to Sheva Brachos.

Thanks for the all the suggestions! Follow me in "Up In The Air" as I plan our Israel/Eurotrip honeymoon for this summer!

Online whacked1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 26, 2014, 07:12:08 PM »
Heyo!

Thanks for the all the suggestions! Follow me in "Up In The Air" as I plan our Israel/Eurotrip honeymoon for this summer!
Most def will, was thinking about doing a similar thing! Keep us posted

Offline philbenjoe

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Avis Prefered
« Reply #286 on: January 26, 2014, 07:23:32 PM »
Heyo!

It's been 2 weeks since the wedding!! I figured I would follow up on my trip report (if I can call it that?) especially since Expedia found something wrong with my review and rejected it.  ???

The American Hotel in Freehold worked out beautifully for our Lakewood wedding. My friend drove (in a separate car) to the hotel the morning of with me. We checked in, took a peek at the room and then took his car to the hall. As I said before, they upgraded us - once I said it was our wedding night - to late-checkout and a suite which had a king size bed and a couch (going to avoid commenting on whether it was used or not  ;) ) Bathroom did not have the separate shower/tub situation that was pictured on Expedia but the shower was humongous and had 3 heads coming from different directions (again, will avoid commenting on whether we used it or not ;) ). The limo was beautiful, driver did not care at all that we were running a little late and the ride was about 20-25 minutes as expected. As per a friend's suggestion, I brought Moscato "champagne" and flutes (that he toveled for me) for the limo ride. That experience was definitely fun, and as I said, it was worth it for the once-in-a-lifetime event, but I could hear why someone would save the money and skip it. We already had the key when we got to the hotel, so we just waved to the front desk clerk (who said "Oh, it's the newlyweds!" Was kinda nice how several employees knew it was our special night) and went upstairs. I had her favorite flowers waiting in the room - great suggestion from my Chosson teacher, and the hotel referred me to the local florist and took care of setting them up in the room. Caterer gave us packed food + plastic utensils which was great, but I also picked up snacks earlier that morning for dinner/breakfast. Late checkout was awesome, took our time leaving until we went to Sheva Brachos.

congrads!!
"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" Dr Seuss

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #287 on: January 26, 2014, 08:30:46 PM »
If you're coming into city, just do the Andaz 5th and be done with it.

Brooklyn or marriage?  :D

Offline htg123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 26, 2014, 08:40:59 PM »
Thanks and mazals

Offline Frostboot

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2014, 01:25:22 AM »
Heyo!

Glad all worked out and thanks for not sharing TMI.

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »
Thanks and mazals
Thanks!
Glad all worked out and thanks for not sharing TMI.
Thanks! Hahaa

Offline SamKey

• View Profile
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2014, 09:23:05 PM »
Better off with 12.5K+$150 (or a cheap rate if its on a weekend) and a DIA upgrade cert.
what's with parking? are there problems using someone elses diamond account? Is $500 really worth it? (our am I overvaluing the price on a dia upgrade)

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2014, 09:36:59 PM »
Better off with 12.5K+$150 (or a cheap rate if its on a weekend) and a DIA upgrade cert.
whats DIA?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2014, 09:53:11 PM »
Diamond.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline SamKey

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 05, 2014, 04:08:12 PM »
So what's my next option if I don't want to spend $500 on the andaz

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #295 on: February 05, 2014, 04:10:30 PM »
C+P + SU
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 05, 2014, 04:11:46 PM »
So what's my next option if I don't want to spend $500 on the andaz
why 500? Isnt it three

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 05, 2014, 04:15:49 PM »
Just wanna throw in my 2 cents.

Sleeping on a couch-bed on the night of your wedding is not the "perfect" way to end such a big night. IMHO its worth making sure that you have two comfortable beds. Even if its only a "small chance".

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 05, 2014, 04:17:10 PM »
Just wanna throw in my 2 cents.

Sleeping on a couch-bed on the night of your wedding is not the "perfect" way to end such a big night. IMHO its worth making sure that you have two comfortable beds. Even if its only a "small chance".
eh, it's preparation for what's to come :P
In all seriousness-who cares, I often fall asleep on the couch
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 05, 2014, 04:18:33 PM »
eh, it's preparation for what's to come :P
In all seriousness-who cares, I often fall asleep on the couch
:)
Im not a good couch sleeper..