Author Topic: Citibank denial for Thank You preferred- reconsideration didn't work  (Read 51444 times)

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Citibank denial for Thank You preferred- reconsideration didn't work
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 01:01:19 AM »
 I got a call from the presidents office , she said she needs to run another credit check. I was hesitant but agreed at the end. Was this smart?

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
I got a followup call from the President's office today informing me I was approved. I thanked her.

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 01:31:48 PM »
I cut and paste this e-mail thread(start from bottom-up) to show never to give up.   I ended up getting $50 dollar credit for an erroneous e-mail citibank sent me saying they are planning on charging me an annual fee :)

Subject:     email error
Date:     November 27, 2013 9:15 EST

I understand you may feel frustrated by this. We certainly do value you as a customer.

Your account has been reviewed by an escalations representative.

As a courtesy, I will apply a $50.00 credit to your account for the confusion and inconvenience this has caused you. The credit will post to your account in 2 business days.

Thank you for choosing Citi, we appreciate your business.

Date:     November 27, 2013 9:14 EST

Please put me in touch with second tier supervisor Thanks

Date:     November 26, 2013 5:28 EST

Unfortunately, we are unable to add bonus Thank You points to your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

If there is any way we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Date:     November 26, 2013 5:25 EST

I dont see any response in body of text?

Date:     November 26, 2013 1:42 EST

Date:     November 26, 2013 12:49 EST

would you consider a lower amount of points? Also as previously requested I would like to be in touch with a second lever supervisor

Date:     November 26, 2013 10:28 EST

As previously advised, we are unable to comply with your request to add 50,000 ThankYou Points to your account.

If there is any way we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Date:     November 26, 2013 9:25 EST

Very disappointed with such a response. Although no annual fee was charged I was perturbed that now I have to deal with possible fighting off an annual fee. I am asking for 50,000 points not because of annual fee or lack of but because of erroneous e-mail. I would like for you to reconsider or in the alternative I would like to be in touch with second level supervisor. As stated this response is particularly surprising given my many credit cards and checking account with Citi, my many years with Citi and my on-time payment history. Responses such as these make me think of switching all my spending and checking accounts to other cards or banks such as AMEX or Chase. Happy Holidays and hope to hear a more favorable response.

Subject:     Re: email error
Date:     November 25, 2013 5:37 EST

We will not be providing ThankYou Points for the annual fee notification error. No annual fee was applied to your account and as you have provided in your message, a corrected email was dispatched explaining the error.

Date:     November 25, 2013 5:07 EST

I am pasting the e-mail below I got from you in which an erroneous e-mail was sent to me telling me I will be charged an annual fee even though this card does not have annual fee. I was quite perturbed when I received the initial e-mail telling me I will be charged an annual fee and therefore because of this error I am asking to be awarded 50,000 thank you points. As you know I have multiple credit cards and a checking account and have been a loyal, long time and on time payer of all citi cards. Thank you for understanding On Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:59 PM, Citi Cards citicards@info.citibank.com wrote: Cardmember: Account Ending In: 4042 Member Since: 2012 Add citicards@info.citibank.com to your address book to ensure delivery. ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-4042 Dear : Why were writing you As part of your conversion to the Citi ThankYou(R) Preferred account, we sent you an email explaining that we were charging an annual membership fee on your account. This email was sent to you in error, and we sincerely apologize for our mistake. We want to assure you that your Citi ThankYou Preferred account does not have an annual membership fee. Again, please accept our apology for any inconvenience that we may have caused. How to contact us If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-THANKYOU (1-800-842-6596). Our telecommunication number for our hearing impaired customers is 1-800-325-2865. Sincerely, Your Customer Service Team

Return to Message Center

View all offers
ACCOUNT HOMEABOUT CITIGROUPSECURITY & PRIVACYHELP & CONTACT USTERMS & CONDITIONSPRIVACYCITICARDS.COM

My Citi gives you access to accounts and services provided by Citi