Author Topic: Seasons supermarkets files for bankruptcy  (Read 20529 times)

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
Re: Seasons supermarkets files for bankruptcy
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2018, 07:51:44 AM »
Seasons Lakewood posted on their Instagram that they restocked!

they also posted that about their Clifton, Lawrence, Baltimore, and Queens stores. There are plenty of customers to keep all these stores and also the other brand stores alive and healthy.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline rs242

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2018, 08:14:40 AM »
they also posted that about their Clifton, Lawrence, Baltimore, and Queens stores. There are plenty of customers to keep all these stores and also the other brand stores alive and healthy.
Did u take a hit from them going BK

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2018, 09:27:37 AM »
Did u take a hit from them going BK

one of our NY/NJ distributors is listed as the top 10. Hoping that all 10 vendors will be repaid during this transition. Many Seasons customers like our chocolate products, and they purchase several bags at a time from Seasons. Hoping that all the NY, NJ, and MD stores can remain healthy. There were plans for a Cleveland store, however not in the near future at this point. (Unger's and Tibor's carry our products in Cleveland so far. Heinens and Marc's would be great.)
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2018, 09:42:45 AM »
Clifton is a work in progress... definitely better than it was though.

Offline beeweegee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2018, 09:56:10 AM »
Clifton is a work in progress... definitely better than it was though.
+1 especially the meat and chicken.

Offline yos9694

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2018, 11:46:55 AM »
Baltimore store is stocked, was just there yesterday. Unfortunately not many other shoppers then.

It would be a good idea for Seasons to be 100% open and upfront about the situation and make the effort to send out daily emails / FB status so that people will know before they go. Most people will go elsewhere rather than take a chance that the store won't be stocked. And direct communication is the only way to beat the vicious rumor mill

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2018, 11:53:07 AM »
Baltimore store is stocked, was just there yesterday. Unfortunately not many other shoppers then.

It would be a good idea for Seasons to be 100% open and upfront about the situation and make the effort to send out daily emails / FB status so that people will know before they go. Most people will go elsewhere rather than take a chance that the store won't be stocked. And direct communication is the only way to beat the vicious rumor mill
Couldn’t agree more went there last week for challah, bakery wasn’t stocked. Probably will go elsewhere this week. Not that we have many options here....

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2018, 12:47:20 PM »

+

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2018, 05:19:41 PM »
Meat shelves in Lakewood are pretty well stocked once again. If there was one thing seasons had going for them it was the meat. Some of the best prices in town and decent quality. They easily beat Gormet Glatt on pricing in the meat dept., often by significanct margins, though gormet has more variety and perhaps better premium (pricey) cuts available. If only seasons would capitalize on this strength and not turn people away with their over the top pricing on the rest of the store they would do okay.....

I’ll come in for the meat and even pay a drop more for other items on my list, but they’ve got to be in the ballpark..

Online Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2018, 05:37:54 PM »
Meat shelves in Lakewood are pretty well stocked once again. If there was one thing seasons had going for them it was the meat. Some of the best prices in town and decent quality. They easily beat Gormet Glatt on pricing in the meat dept., often by significanct margins, though gormet has more variety and perhaps better premium (pricey) cuts available. If only seasons would capitalize on this strength and not turn people away with their over the top pricing on the rest of the store they would do okay.....

I’ll come in for the meat and even pay a drop more for other items on my list, but they’ve got to be in the ballpark..
they have imported meat.  thats why its cheaper....
#TYH

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2018, 06:25:22 PM »
they have imported meat.  thats why its cheaper....
1) Their imported meat is cheaper than Gormet Glatts imported selections. 2)I’m not sure what they use for their ground beef but it’s very decent stuff, and it’s usually around $4.99 a pound for a normal sized pack. At Gormet it’s north of $6 a lb. unless you buy a whopper of a package that’s like a 1/4 of a cow, and even then it’s more expensive. Chicken is definitely not imported and is significantly cheaper; a normal package of cutlets is around 4.99 lb. at seasons, and around $6 at Gormet, unless you buy the mega pack that looks like it can feed a family of 16- twice. Maybe other locals have different pricing than Lakewood but that’s been my experience.

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »
Seasons Lakewood have got to lower their prices by a large margin and advertise the fact that they lowered it. (In a classy way of course)
If they do that, they will have a lot more customers buying their full Shabbos shopping. Most people go in there for the odds and ends that they forgot for supper or for the meat sales.
It’s a pleasurable store to shop in and great customer service. Just got to lower those prices.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2018, 07:05:41 PM »
Seasons Lakewood have got to lower their prices by a large margin and advertise the fact that they lowered it. (In a classy way of course)
If they do that, they will have a lot more customers buying their full Shabbos shopping. Most people go in there for the odds and ends that they forgot for supper or for the meat sales.
It’s a pleasurable store to shop in and great customer service. Just got to lower those prices.

Agreed

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2018, 08:43:09 PM »

If they lower prices you likely lose the "It’s a pleasurable store to shop in and great customer service."

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2018, 08:51:04 PM »
Point is, there's a limit to how high a price the average shopper is willing to tolerate in exchange for the experience. What makes a difference too is what the alternative is in each particular location. If the other stores in the area are moderately nice, there's less of an incentive to shop at seasons.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2018, 09:03:27 PM »
If they lower prices you likely lose the "It’s a pleasurable store to shop in and great customer service."

Part of the reason it was so pleasurable was the high prices which made for very light store traffic. Conversely, the week before Yom Tov Gormet had lines from one end of the store to the other. It was a nightmare. After waiting over an hour on line, I avoided Gormet for the rest of my pre Yom Tov and last days shopping. I went to the higher priced low volume stores for my needs.Just not worth sitting on line for hours. That is the exception to the rule. The rest of the year high prices are not going to work. I doubt the high prices really enable seasons to provide great customer service.You can have huge margins but if volume is nonexistent it’s just not going to generate cash flow and profits.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2018, 04:02:39 PM »
Happy to report that seasons Clifton seeems relatively back to normal.

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2018, 10:24:37 AM »
Seasons must get shwartz herring and tuv taam products and many other basics. It’s not worth their savings that they get by only using one company for herring etc. I stopped  shopping there a year ago because I was missing these products.

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2018, 11:11:34 AM »
Seasons must get shwartz herring and tuv taam products and many other basics. It’s not worth their savings that they get by only using one company for herring etc. I stopped  shopping there a year ago because I was missing these products.
+1 Just this Friday I was there searching for the Schwartz dips until I realized they don't carry it.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2018, 11:52:53 AM »
You're missing Shwartz Herring? You would pick that over Raskins? First time I heard that one. I guess everyone has their own taste...