Author Topic: Changes/upgrades of Marriott free night certificates attached to an hotel  (Read 800 times)

Offline baraktur

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Per lively discussion on Marriott flights & nights before Marriott & PSG system merger, i purchased Ritz Carlton Tier 1-3 certificate, and attached it to Ritz Carlton Toronto (as Dan did). My hope was to be able to change it to Le Meridien or St Regis Bora Bora.

With the merger fiasco, it is clear what to do with unattached certificates, but i am super confused what to do with my certificate attached to Ritz Carlton Toronto (Tier 1-3, which i think corresponds to Category 6 in combined aware chart). I called Marriott reps, and they are completely clueless (they THINK i can use it only at other Ritz Carlton category 1-3 (which doesn't make any sense), but they aren't sure.

Anyone encountered with same issue? What do you suggest i do?

Thanks!

Barak

Offline tennis

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Hi,

I was hoping someone can answer this question. - I am in a similar situation. I have a bunch of certificates that I attached to hotels that Dan recommended at the time, but the reservation is coming up and need to figure out what to do.

I would ordinarily simply detach it and request a 1-year extension, but a Category 9 certificate that was attached to the Ritz in Bal Harbor, for instance, will become a category 8 if I detach it so not sure what the implications of that are.

Thanks

Offline Moshe26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Hi,

I was hoping someone can answer this question. - I am in a similar situation. I have a bunch of certificates that I attached to hotels that Dan recommended at the time, but the reservation is coming up and need to figure out what to do.

I would ordinarily simply detach it and request a 1-year extension, but a Category 9 certificate that was attached to the Ritz in Bal Harbor, for instance, will become a category 8 if I detach it so not sure what the implications of that are.

Thanks
IIRC once you cancel the reservation the cert automatically will be changed to the new categories and youll only be able to book hotels under those categories.

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=92110.1005