Topic Wiki

Credit Bureau Info:

Experian: 800-493-1058 With A Report Number

Experian: 714-830-7000 (Without A Report Number) Call and Press 0. You will get connected to the switchboard operator. Tell them you just called in and entered your report number and the automated system disconnected you. Ask them if they can get a human on the line for disputes. That's the only way you'll be able to get through to a live person at Experian without a Report Number.

Equifax: 800-846-5279

TransUnion: 800-916-8800

Comparison between FAKO from Credit karma and FICO from Barclays and Citi.

Cards that give you free monthly FICO's

AMEX personal cards = EX 08 Switched to FAKO (VantageScore 3.0)
Chase Slate = EX (either 08 or Bankcard enhanced)
PSECU = EX 04

Citi branded cards = EQ 08 Bankcard enhanced
Citi AA = EQ bankcard enhanced
DCU= EQ 04
PenFed = EQ NextGen
Elements Financial (Credit Union, score available for without opening CC) = EQ 5

Barclays = TU 08
Discover it = TU 08
Walmart (store or MC) = TU 08
« Last edited by Lev26 on April 13, 2022, 02:28:07 AM »

Author Topic: credit score  (Read 801987 times)

Offline corny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
credit score
« on: June 05, 2008, 07:31:50 PM »
what is the cheapest way to check my credit score?

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
Re: credit score
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 07:35:36 PM »
freecreditreport.com will give you a free score but users have been reporting that it's not too accurate.
-Eli

Offline corny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 09:27:09 PM »
and is that site a safe place to put your social [is it a well known site] ?

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 10:29:39 PM »
if you have amex i just  did a thirty day trial of https://www124.americanexpress.com/cards/loyalty.do?page=creditsecure i gives you scores and reports remember to cancel

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 12:26:12 AM »
Citi identity monitor gives you all 3 fico scores for free.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 01:18:35 AM »
3 fico scores
credit secure gives you....
    *  Unlimited access to your personal 3 Bureau Credit Report and PLUS Credit ScoresSM from Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion after the review period
    * Daily monitoring of all three national credit reports - receive an e-mail alert when critical changes are detected
    * Identity Theft coverage policy for up to $5,000 per occurrence provided by Virginia Surety, Inc.
    * Toll-free access to customer care and fraud resolution representatives
    * Card and document  registration service to assist you in the event they become lost or stolen
    * Experian PLUS Score® Trending - track your score each month
    * Receive an introductory 30 day review period - after that only $11.99 each month billed to your American Express card account until your enrollment is cancelled
    * Access to valuable financial information and resources
and its affiliated with amex so you know their trustworthy

Offline Yitzter

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 03:17:11 AM »
Corny!!! I haven't spoken to you in such a long time. What you up to?

Dude, use Citi Identity Monitor. You usually get some sort of coupon and it's free for a month. I already got 150$ from them.
"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things

Offline corny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 09:24:18 AM »
thanks guys!
hey yits
i already did city moniter this year would i be able to get the free month again?

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 01:25:41 PM »
Im not sure about Citi Monitor or the Amex thing, but I can personally attest to the fact that FreeCreditRepot.com does very often give inaccurate credit scores (I have never actually seen them give the correct ones- theres are usually a bit higher that your actual scores).

For example- A person once faxed me a copy of the credit report that she ran the same day from FreeCreditReport.com on which she had a mid-score of 680 (I am in the mortgage business). I reran her credit myself and the score was a 580. Now that is a HUGE difference.

I have seen this with other consumer services as well including TrueCredit.com (not so true apparently).

The ONLY service that I have seen that will give you your Real score is MyFico.com. That is why I advertise it on my website.

I have no idea what they charge; I think you may have to sign up for some monitoring thing as well, but the first month is free. Either way, the scores they give you will be the exact same scores as if run by a bank such as myself.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 01:40:21 PM »
I have a WaMu (formerly Providian) card that gives me my monthly score, I'm not sure how accurate it is, it fluctuates quite a bit.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline corny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 03:43:42 PM »
i just checked freecreditreport.com and it gives me the exact score i had months ago and in the report my credit limit on one of my cards is not up to date

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 03:43:55 PM »
Im not sure about Citi Monitor or the Amex thing, but I can personally attest to the fact that FreeCreditRepot.com does very often give inaccurate credit scores
I don't know about AMEX, but Citi's identity monitor's 3 fico scores are the real deal.

i already did city moniter this year would i be able to get the free month again?
Yes, I've gotten the free month at least 6 times already.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

abimeleibt

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 03:59:49 PM »
Anyone know how to build credit? someone told me that if i write checks instead of just using my debit card it'll help with credit. is that true?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 04:14:17 PM »
Anyone know how to build credit? someone told me that if i write checks instead of just using my debit card it'll help with credit. is that true?
no
See http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/2902

Offline corny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »
now i personaly can confirm that freecreditreport.com is inaccurate because i signed up for freecreditreport.com and then to city moniter and freecreditreport was 5 points less

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 05:05:32 PM »
now i personaly can confirm that freecreditreport.com is inaccurate because i signed up for freecreditreport.com and then to city moniter and freecreditreport was 5 points less
Remember to opt-in to the 3 credit score feature with citi to get a more complete picture of your credit score.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 05:16:13 PM »
I checked my credit score a while back and it was 770 (no, it's not a coincidence. I'm not even remotely Lubavitch). That's pretty good, no? How can I get it better?
-Eli

Offline corny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 05:28:08 PM »
I checked my credit score a while back and it was 770 (no, it's not a coincidence. I'm not even remotely Lubavitch). That's pretty good, no? How can I get it better?
my credit scores from all three bureaus are in the 780s and it says im higher then 85% of the us population so 770 should be pretty good [i think from 750 and up is in the exellent category]

abimeleibt

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 07:38:33 PM »
thanks so much Dan! i really appreciate the advice on that link- really helpful! this site is amazing!!!!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 08:02:50 PM »
I'm sure our good friend Charles can weigh in and tell us what score is required to get the best rates on a loan, but I would venture to say that 770 would qualify.