Topic Wiki

Credit Bureau Info:

Experian: 800-493-1058 With A Report Number

Experian: 714-830-7000 (Without A Report Number) Call and Press 0. You will get connected to the switchboard operator. Tell them you just called in and entered your report number and the automated system disconnected you. Ask them if they can get a human on the line for disputes. That's the only way you'll be able to get through to a live person at Experian without a Report Number.

Equifax: 800-846-5279

TransUnion: 800-916-8800

Comparison between FAKO from Credit karma and FICO from Barclays and Citi.

Cards that give you free monthly FICO's

AMEX personal cards = EX 08 Switched to FAKO (VantageScore 3.0)
Chase Slate = EX (either 08 or Bankcard enhanced)
PSECU = EX 04

Citi branded cards = EQ 08 Bankcard enhanced
Citi AA = EQ bankcard enhanced
DCU= EQ 04
PenFed = EQ NextGen
Elements Financial (Credit Union, score available for without opening CC) = EQ 5

Barclays = TU 08
Discover it = TU 08
Walmart (store or MC) = TU 08
« Last edited by Lev26 on April 13, 2022, 02:28:07 AM »

Author Topic: credit score  (Read 801766 times)

Offline PillanSmye

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: credit score
« Reply #3420 on: January 13, 2017, 11:53:02 PM »

Goalpost shift. Nobody was talking about MSing. For such a self-styled expert, you sure seem to have a hard time staying on topic and addressing claims head on.

Anyway, the above is funny. One minute closing a $25,000 CL doesn't matter; the next, really high CLs are important for MSing. I guess big CLs are important, until they're not — or something.

The topic was will closing a CC lower the score.  You're the one who's brought up subsequent CC approvals,  mortgages etc.  You're the one who keeps bringing the $2 trick up and all your other garbage.

You make statements like,  "Any FICO dip due to utilization this month will be gone next month once paid down or paid off. It might be gone even sooner, in the cases of banks like Chase that update mid-cycle when balances are paid to $0."   

And then you contradict yourself with,  "LOL. If you're trying to make a pedantic point that one's FICO might not be *exactly* the same a month later, sure, but except for people in the 600s or maybe very low 700s, no one's getting or not getting a CC because of a 5-point swing in their FICO."

Is that a "goal post shift"?   Switching from any dip will be gone in a month...even sooner,  to talking about 5 point swings for CC approvals?

All the knowledge is available for you to educate yourself.   Just please don't give false information to those who are trying to educate themselves and make more informed decisions.

Offline jsk173

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: January 14, 2017, 12:19:53 AM »
You're the one who keeps bringing the $2 trick up and all your other garbage.

False. The guy who posted reply #3407 mentioned leaving "a dollar or two" reporting on his cards, which was plainly a reference to the $2 trick.

You make statements like,  "Any FICO dip due to utilization this month will be gone next month once paid down or paid off. It might be gone even sooner, in the cases of banks like Chase that update mid-cycle when balances are paid to $0."   

And then you contradict yourself with,  "LOL. If you're trying to make a pedantic point that one's FICO might not be *exactly* the same a month later, sure, but except for people in the 600s or maybe very low 700s, no one's getting or not getting a CC because of a 5-point swing in their FICO."

Is that a "goal post shift"?   Switching from any dip will be gone in a month...even sooner,  to talking about 5 point swings for CC approvals?

No, it's not a "goalpost shift," since it's the same topic. Unless you think your pedantic point that the hypothetical person's FICO score won't be *exactly* the same pre- and post-utilization reporting, it's unclear what you're even arguing. Even with $0 utilization every month, one's FICO score is subject to minor increases or decreases due to AAoA and/or other factors.

All the knowledge is available for you to educate yourself.   Just please don't give false information to those who are trying to educate themselves and make more informed decisions.

I've given zero "false information" here. Stop being so dishonest. It's unbecoming.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: January 14, 2017, 02:39:22 PM »
I've given zero "false information" here. Stop being so dishonest. It's unbecoming.
Whenever someone points out something that is not right you come back with the same dishonest BS remark. Just admit you make a mistake and move. Here is a prime example of the blanket statements.
If you close a card with a $25,000 CL and $0 balance, your overall utilization will increase.
I can close ten of my cards and my utilization will not increase. I guess I am being dishonest?  ::)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: January 15, 2017, 01:41:36 AM »
I have a card with a cl of 12k. I paid off 5k today before the statement closes. It closes today, but it usually takes a day or 2 till the payment reflects. Therefore nervous that a balance of 5k will be reported to the CB. I need to move 7k credit to a different card. Can I transfer credit to a different card now? Is it going to show on my CR that I utilized 100%? Because it may show 5k utilized, and the cl is now only 5k...

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: January 15, 2017, 01:47:17 AM »
I have a card with a cl of 12k. I paid off 5k today before the statement closes. It closes today, but it usually takes a day or 2 till the payment reflects. Therefore nervous that a balance of 5k will be reported to the CB. I need to move 7k credit to a different card. Can I transfer credit to a different card now? Is it going to show on my CR that I utilized 100%? Because it may show 5k utilized, and the cl is now only 5k...
You pushed a payment from somewhere else or had the issuer pull it from your bank?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: January 15, 2017, 01:50:27 AM »
You pushed a payment from somewhere else or had the issuer pull it from your bank?
They pulled

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: January 15, 2017, 01:59:03 AM »
They pulled
Than they shouldn't report any balance to the CB.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: January 15, 2017, 02:00:19 AM »
Than they shouldn't report any balance to the CB.
Why not? And btw congrats on ur new status

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: January 15, 2017, 02:05:15 AM »
Why not? And btw congrats on ur new status
They won't report your balance because as far as they're concerned you've payed it, doesn't matter if it's regarding interest, late fees, balance reported to CB etc. As long as the payment has been processed on their end you're good. It usually won't show on your account online until they actually pull the money out but that shouldn't matter for your situation.

Thanks for noticing

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: January 15, 2017, 04:45:47 AM »
Whenever someone points out something that is not right you come back with the same dishonest BS remark. Just admit you make a mistake and move.

LOL.

Here is a prime example of the blanket statements.I can close ten of my cards and my utilization will not increase. I guess I am being dishonest?  ::)

We've been through this already. Not sure why you resurrected it, and not interested in going in circles with you.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: January 15, 2017, 06:32:42 AM »
We've been through this already. Not sure why you resurrected it, and not interested in going in circles with you.
I am not resurrecting anything. I am pointing out your blanket statement is wrong. We are here to help each other not to provide false information like you have done in this instance.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: January 15, 2017, 07:34:19 PM »
I am not resurrecting anything. I am pointing out your blanket statement is wrong. We are here to help each other not to provide false information like you have done in this instance.

There was no false information given. Anyone with a 3rd-grader's understanding of math knows that utilization can't increase if the numerator is zero.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: January 15, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »
There was no false information given. Anyone with a 3rd-grader's understanding of math knows that utilization can't increase if the numerator is zero.
Then with your 3rd grade math you understand your blanket stament is wrong. In case you forgot here it is again.
If you close a card with a $25,000 CL and $0 balance, your overall utilization will increase.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: January 15, 2017, 08:15:48 PM »
Then with your 3rd grade math you understand your blanket stament is wrong. In case you forgot here it is again.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=68912.0
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: January 16, 2017, 06:37:17 PM »

The blanket statement wasn't wrong, for the reason I just stated.

Definitionally, a person with $0 balances on all CCs has no utilization. This isn't hard.

Offline PillanSmye

• View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: January 16, 2017, 06:56:01 PM »
The blanket statement wasn't wrong, for the reason I just stated.

Definitionally, a person with $0 balances on all CCs has no utilization. This isn't hard.

You want definitions?

willl  wɪl
verb
expressing inevitable events.

This definitionally is an untrue statement.

What is also untrue is that if you close a CC it will cause a FICO score drop. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:00:53 PM by PillanSmye »

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: January 16, 2017, 06:59:25 PM »
You want definitions?

willl  wɪl
verb
expressing inevitable events.

For the third or fourth time, one's utilization can't possibly increase if the numerator is zero.

This really isn't hard. Not sure why you self-styled "experts" are making it so hard.

Offline PillanSmye

• View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: January 16, 2017, 07:02:28 PM »
For the third or fourth time, one's utilization can't possibly increase if the numerator is zero

But you said it will.  It was your own words. Why are you contradicting yourself? Remember,  will is to express an inevitable event.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: January 16, 2017, 07:08:44 PM »
But you said it will.  It was your own words. Why are you contradicting yourself? Remember,  will is to express an inevitable event.

The statement plainly didn't apply to anyone with zero utilization, since one's utilization will — there's that word again — never increase if the numerator is zero.

Offline PillanSmye

• View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: January 16, 2017, 08:09:18 PM »
The statement plainly didn't apply to anyone with zero utilization, since one's utilization will — there's that word again — never increase if the numerator is zero.

See the problem with your blanket statements?  You should really be more careful with your choice of words lest your posts be definitionally incorrect.

If you want to continue the conversation about your definitionally incorrect blanket statements,  this should be moved to your JS Ban Poll thread.