Author Topic: Chase UR to United Miles Transfer Issues  (Read 1325 times)

Offline alexk.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase UR to United Miles Transfer Issues
« on: October 09, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »
Hi -

Was wondering if anyone has experience with transfer issues. Everything is a match ( name on both accounts) and got an error message. Contacted Chase multiple times and they can't seem to figure out why there is an issue. Tried different variations of the name and no luck. Spoke to United, and the name is correct on their end.

I even tried switching the transfer from the Reserve Card to one of my Ink cards, and still doesn't go.

Chase has sent it to their department that handles these issues, but it can take up to 7 business days to get an answer. I don't want to lose the booking that I am eyeing. Any experience with something like this? I have spoken to a few supervisors who say that there is nothing more they can do for a technical issue like this...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline Aerial Dag

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Chase UR to United Miles Transfer Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 03:28:14 PM »
This happened to my wife in the past. Her name is hyphenated and was problematic with UR transfers. Chase claimed everything should be fine but couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. After a few days the only thing that worked was just transferring them to my United account (I'm an AU on the account) and booking our tickets that way. Chase was really no help. GL

Offline oldguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 03:39:13 PM »
Hi -

Was wondering if anyone has experience with transfer issues. Everything is a match ( name on both accounts) and got an error message. Contacted Chase multiple times and they can't seem to figure out why there is an issue. Tried different variations of the name and no luck. Spoke to United, and the name is correct on their end.

I even tried switching the transfer from the Reserve Card to one of my Ink cards, and still doesn't go.

Chase has sent it to their department that handles these issues, but it can take up to 7 business days to get an answer. I don't want to lose the booking that I am eyeing. Any experience with something like this? I have spoken to a few supervisors who say that there is nothing more they can do for a technical issue like this...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Did you ever transfer to a another UA account?

Offline alexk.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 01:13:30 AM »
I may have sold down the line with my Ink, but definitely not with my Reserve. I had just connected the card to my account recently and this would be the first transfer.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 02:41:42 AM »
I may have sold down the line with my Ink, but definitely not with my Reserve. I had just connected the card to my account recently and this would be the first transfer.
Are your cards in the same login? You're trying to transfer to your UA account? (same UA account as the AH on the chase account?) Have you ever transfered to this UA account in the past?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline alexk.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 09:19:34 AM »
Are your cards in the same login? You're trying to transfer to your UA account? (same UA account as the AH on the chase account?) Have you ever transfered to this UA account in the past?

I may have transferred from another chase account into this account several years ago from an account that has the same last name ( my father’s account). You think this is the issue? Thanks.