Author Topic: CITI declined business card application due to Equifax BUSINESS report  (Read 810 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
While my credit took a significant hit after the 2008 financial crisis, I have been building it up and have a very decent credit score now (though I do seem to be blacklisted with Chase).

I applied this week for a Citi AA Business card and was surprised to be declined (I have been approved for several credit accounts by Citi - mostly store credit cards) in recent years. When I called recon they said it's due to negative information on my Equifax report. I pulled that report and saw nothing there. So I called again, and they said it's on the Equifax business report. There's no way to get that online, so I'm waiting for a hard copy in the mail, and hope to be smarter once that is received.

The question is, how bad might it be to just reapply now with a different business tax ID (another corp. I own, or sole proprietor)?

Anyone else have experience with good personal score and denial due to business report?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
That’s crazy. Even a bankruptcy would fall off your personal credit report after 10 years. If businesses don’t have laws regulating such limits stuff might stay on the business reports for much longer, perhaps forever.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)