Author Topic: AAdvantage Reward Tickets....changes :)  (Read 1436 times)

Offline cvic

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
AAdvantage Reward Tickets....changes :)
« on: May 09, 2009, 07:00:35 AM »
It has been rumored for some time that we would have big changes somewhere in the AAdvantage program in May.  One change is being rolled into the system this weekend, and it is anyone's guess as to whether or not this will be the only change.

You can now book one-way rewards on aa.com for exactly 1/2 the price of a RT ticket.  I'll leave the benefits of such a change to your imagination for now :)

Keep your eyes and ears open in case there are more changes...

Offline David61

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AAdvantage Reward Tickets....changes :)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 11:45:34 AM »
If I book 5 seats on AAdvantage points (web special) and one person wants to cancel,
do I get those points back (points bookings are cancellable), or will they tell me to cancel the whole reservations, and I'll need to rebook at new miles rates?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: AAdvantage Reward Tickets....changes :)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 11:51:21 AM »
If I book 5 seats on AAdvantage points (web special) and one person wants to cancel,
do I get those points back (points bookings are cancellable), or will they tell me to cancel the whole reservations, and I'll need to rebook at new miles rates?
You can split the record and cancel the one to get miles back.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.