Author Topic: Jamal Khashoggi Murdered At Saudi Consulate  (Read 5190 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
This whole thing is another reason why trust in the media is at an all time low. If they would have been honest from the beginning and said  99% of people would agree.

Instead they made him into a "democracy and human rights advocate" while ignoring stuff like this;

The media are upset about what happened to one of their own. Unsurprising. We see the same here all the time.
(BTW, can a mod please change the title to something comprehensible)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Re: Jamal Khashoggi Murdered At Saudi Consulate
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2018, 12:25:07 AM »
(BTW, can a mod please change the title to something comprehensible)
Better?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2018, 12:27:22 AM »
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline greatluck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2018, 12:43:05 AM »
The same people who don't want mulLer should finish his investigation any time soon wanted the investigation of Jamal Khashoggi's Murder should be finished ASAP. FUNNY?

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
I won't shed tears for the guy, but did he deserve to be murdered?

I donít thing itís so clear cut. While he certainly wasnít a terrorist with actual blood on his hands, is that the dividing line? What about an influential personality who incites the Palestinians with claims that the Israelis stole their land, invented a historical connection to Palestine, and are perpetrating a 9/11 on the Palestinian people. Such vitriol is not harmless; it can easily do much of the work for Hamas, Hezbolla, etc. and lead to the murder of innocent people as has happened repeatedly in the past. Does someone get a free pass because heís not the one actually wearing the explosives belt on the egged bus?

Do I think that the mossaad should put every inciter on a hit list? Of course not. But if his expressed views were indeed inciting people to violence (and that is something that can be debated) I would have a hard time saying he absolutely didnít deserve to die, though I have no sympathy for the Saudis and their barbaric methods...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
I donít thing itís so clear cut. While he certainly wasnít a terrorist with actual blood on his hands, is that the dividing line? What about an influential personality who incites the Palestinians with claims that the Israelis stole their land, invented a historical connection to Palestine, and are perpetrating a 9/11 on the Palestinian people. Such vitriol is not harmless; it can easily do much of the work for Hamas, Hezbolla, etc. and lead to the murder of innocent people as has happened repeatedly in the past. Does someone get a free pass because heís not the one actually wearing the explosives belt on the egged bus?

Do I think that the mossaad should put every inciter on a hit list? Of course not. But if his expressed views were indeed inciting people to violence (and that is something that can be debated) I would have a hard time saying he absolutely didnít deserve to die, though I have no sympathy for the Saudis and their barbaric methods...
Judge, jury and executioner?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2018, 12:55:34 AM »
AKA dictator?

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile

And those saying he absolutely didnít deserve to die; is that an Acquittal by judge and jury? Iím not saying he definitely did; just that itís not clear cut and unequivocal.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
And those saying he absolutely didnít deserve to die; is that an Acquittal by judge and jury?
I think somewhere I will invoke the laws of a democracy.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2018, 01:02:52 AM »
And those saying he absolutely didnít deserve to die; is that an Acquittal by judge and jury? Iím not saying he definitely did; just that itís not clear cut and unequivocal.
How about innocent until proven guilty?
Your standards ar ridiculous and frankly pretty sickening.

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2018, 01:16:16 AM »
How about innocent until proven guilty?
Your standards ar ridiculous and frankly pretty sickening.

Innocent until proven guilty simply  states that by no means should anyone have pulled the trigger. However now that he is dead, innocent until guilty kind of goes the other way. it sounds like you would have no problem as judge and jury convicting his killers of the murder of an innocent man. Is that so clear cut or would you apply the innocent until proven guilty standard to them as well? Iím not saying innocent. Iím saying that perhaps there is reasonable doubt. ( Iím not talking about the method used, or the need to uphold international laws and norms. Iím talking about the morality of his having been killed to the degree that his incitement of others had the potential to cause the loss of innocent lives.)

In any case, since when has the standard of guilty beyond reasonable doubt ever been applied to nations eliminating what they claim are credible threats to their sovereignty or the security of their citizens? That is never the standard used. Not by Israel. Not by Russia. Not by any other sovereign nation in the hundreds of ďelimination of threatsĒ that take place each year. Would you hold the IDF to the standard of innocent until proven guilty when there is a hamas operative that appears to be planning a terrorist attack on civilians?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:30:09 AM by cmey »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2018, 01:30:08 AM »
Innocent until proven guilty simply  states that by no means should anyone have pulled the trigger. However now that he is dead, innocent until guilty kind of goes the other way. it sounds like you would have no problem as judge and jury convicting his killers of the murder of an innocent man. Is that so clear cut or would you apply the innocent until proven guilty standard to them as well? Iím not saying innocent. Iím saying that perhaps there is reasonable doubt. ( Iím not talking about the method used, or the need to uphold international laws and norms. Iím talking about the morality of his having been killed to the degree that his incitement of others had the potential to cause the loss of innocent lives.)

In any case, since when has the standard of guilty beyond reasonable doubt ever been applied to nations eliminating what they claim are credible threats to their sovereignty or the security of their citizens? That is never the standard used. Not by Israel. Not by Russia. Not by any other sovereign nation in the hundreds of such ďelimination of threatsĒ that take place each year.
What if OBL would have given himself up and walked into a US consulate. Would it have been OK for the US to kill him and cut him up in pieces?

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2018, 01:34:29 AM »
What if OBL would have given himself up and walked into a US consulate. Would it have been OK for the US to kill him and cut him up in pieces?

It defies international norms and standards, and would be a stupid move and an international public relations nightmare. Any officials who participated ought to be punished appropriately. But if there was a reasonable assumption that he would harm civilians going forward it would be wrong to assert that OBL ďdidnít deserve to die.Ē

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2018, 01:47:47 AM »
It defies international norms and standards, and would be a stupid move and an international public relations nightmare. Any officials who participated ought to be punished appropriately. But if there was a reasonable assumption that he would harm civilians going forward it would be wrong to assert that OBL ďdidnít deserve to die.Ē
"Deserve to die", I will leave that up to everyone's personal view. By our laws the answer would be no. Now you want to put him on trial and give him the death penalty if convicted, go for it.