Author Topic: Jamal Khashoggi Murdered At Saudi Consulate  (Read 13430 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Jamal Khashoggi Murdered At Saudi Consulate
« on: October 18, 2018, 08:55:44 PM »
Starting this thread in the middle of this fiasco, with the latest results out of the Saudi transparent investigation.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/18/saudi-who-arrived-in-turkey-day-of-khashoggi-disappearance-dies-in-traffic-accident/amp/

@ChaimMoskowitz how do we set up the betting on the number of people that will die for this, and how many methods will be used?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:24:53 AM by Dan »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Starting this thread in the middle of this fiasco, with the latest results out of the Saudi transparent investigation.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/18/saudi-who-arrived-in-turkey-day-of-khashoggi-disappearance-dies-in-traffic-accident/amp/

@ChaimMoskowitz how do we set up the betting on the number of people that will die for this, and how many methods will be used?
For individuals the O/U is 2.5
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
If he would've had a gun, he might have been able to save himself...
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
The real story here is that most of those expressing indignation at his murder are really thrilled that the guy is dead, just upset that MBS was stupid enough to get caught red handed. The guy was aligned with the Muslim brotherhood and Qatar, and by extension Iran, and Iran’s proxies in the Middle East , so he was an advocate for, and indirectly aided and abetted the murder of innocent people in Israel and around the world.. The only ones unhappy are the liberal press and pols, and former Obama admin officials who were aligned with Iran. Good riddance. Just a stupid way to go about doing it.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
The real story here is that most of those expressing indignation at his murder are really thrilled that the guy is dead, just upset that MBS was stupid enough to get caught red handed. The guy was aligned with the Muslim brotherhood and Qatar, and by extension Iran, and Iran’s proxies in the Middle East , so he was an advocate for, and indirectly aided and abetted the murder of innocent people in Israel and around the world.. The only ones unhappy are the liberal press and pols, and former Obama admin officials who were aligned with Iran. Good riddance. Just a stupid way to go about doing it.
We should start a new thread. Scumbag Friday PC posts!!!

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
We should start a new thread. Scumbag Friday PC posts!!!

Ok have it your way. He was a great guy whom everyone from every political faction worldwide will sorely miss, who was senselessly murdered by a despot on an ego trip. The world really is a nice place where everyone plays fair. I like that. Naïveté is good. Keeps things simple.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 11:26:28 AM by Yard sale »

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Khashoggi wasn't a great guy. He is far from a saint.

That doesn't justify kidnapping, torturing, and killing (and subsequently killing participants).

Many of Putin's adversaries are far from saints, and Putin is probably one of the best things that happened to Russia (and by extension to global and regional stability) in many years. That doesn't mean that all the methods he employs are right, and doesn't justify them.

That being said, hypocrisy runs wide. Erdoğan is far from a saint, and doesn't treat dissidents that much better, nor is he an advocate of democracy or free press. Same can be said from many regimes around the world.

The problem in this case that doesn't allow the world to remain silent, is the way it was done, and the location where it was done.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
The whole thing is sick. You don't deserve to die based on your political leanings.
But I just don't get how Saudi Arabia could be so stupid. Why didn't they just arrange for a car accident or something not traceable directly back to them?
Boggles the mind really.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
Ok have it your way. He was a great guy whom everyone from every political faction worldwide will sorely miss, who was senselessly murdered by a despot on an ego trip. The world really is a nice place where everyone plays fair. I like that. Naïveté is good. Keeps things simple.
My way would not to put the political slant on this. OK you hate the liberals and BO, fine. We have the political thread for that rant.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
The whole thing is sick. You don't deserve to die based on your political leanings.
But I just don't get how Saudi Arabia could be so stupid. Why didn't they just arrange for a car accident or something not traceable directly back to them?
Boggles the mind really.
Makes me think something did go wrong.

Offline nobiggy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Even if something did go wrong they first claimed he left the consulate. Come on.....no class. Who did they think they're fooling?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
Even if something did go wrong they first claimed he left the consulate. Come on.....no class. Who did they think they're fooling?
Everyone thinks the lie will be better.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
It is sick, especially the torture part. But the fact remains that the world is better of without him, and many of the worlds politicians are shedding crocodile tears. The world is a sick place, and this is the modus aperandi in much of the world today; the saudis were stupid and got caught. Putin does it. China does it Iran does it. Dozens of other countries do it. And yes, Israel does it (ostensibly not for political views, only for terrorist activities, but the lines get really blurred sometimes). So the only reason that this blew up into such a huge international incident with worldwide outrage and indignation, is not the fact that someone was assasinated because of his political views, but rather the optics of how it was carried out.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Don't need a 15 person team and a bone cutter to kidnap someone.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
My way would not to put the political slant on this. OK you hate the liberals and BO, fine. We have the political thread for that rant.

I have my issues with the right wingers too. Both sides of the political spectrum are corrupt and dishonest. That’s for the political thread. I’m just noting that the reaction to  his murder does play out differently according to where one leans on the political spectrum.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
I’m just noting that the reaction to  his murder does play out differently according to where one leans on the political spectrum.
Not everyone brings politics into every thought they have.

I do get your point.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/conservatives-mount-a-whisper-campaign-smearing-khashoggi-in-defense-of-trump/ar-BBOA6kY?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
Not everyone brings politics into every thought they have.

I do get your point.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/conservatives-mount-a-whisper-campaign-smearing-khashoggi-in-defense-of-trump/ar-BBOA6kY?ocid=spartanntp
Some people bring politics into every thought while others bring race into every thought.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
Some people bring politics into every thought while others bring race into every thought.
...and some do both or neither. The trick is to know the difference.  ;)