Author Topic: Jamal Khashoggi Murdered At Saudi Consulate  (Read 13437 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Jamal Khashoggi Murdered At Saudi Consulate
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2018, 12:07:33 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-khashoggi-official/amid-scepticism-saudi-official-provides-another-version-of-khashoggi-death-idUSKCN1MV04V

I actually think the silencing/chokehold story sounds more plausible than the rumors that have been circulated. Setting up this operation in order to deliberately kill him in the consulate is beyond stupid. I highly doubt that was the original plan.

As to who knew what, and how the body was removed, that's another story, but I really doubt the intention was to kill him right then and there. More likely they intended to bring him to Saudi Arabia and then come up with some story that he was arrested etc. etc. or that he voluntarily agreed to go.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2018, 12:27:03 PM »
Strawmanning. SOP.
No, putting it in terms most here would understand.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2018, 12:30:53 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-khashoggi-official/amid-scepticism-saudi-official-provides-another-version-of-khashoggi-death-idUSKCN1MV04V

I actually think the silencing/chokehold story sounds more plausible than the rumors that have been circulated. Setting up this operation in order to deliberately kill him in the consulate is beyond stupid. I highly doubt that was the original plan.

As to who knew what, and how the body was removed, that's another story, but I really doubt the intention was to kill him right then and there. More likely they intended to bring him to Saudi Arabia and then come up with some story that he was arrested etc. etc. or that he voluntarily agreed to go.
The problem is nothing they say now will believed unless backed up with video proof.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2018, 12:39:34 PM »
Strawmanning. SOP.
I don't see how. some members here are saying the guy deserved to die for some comments which he made that they think were inciteful. With that line of reasoning, it can be justified to kill anyone you disagree with.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2018, 01:37:12 PM »
The problem is nothing they say now will believed unless backed up with video proof.
Or if world players find it in their best interest to believe and accept. It will have to be more than just a story.
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2018, 01:51:12 PM »
Or if world players find it in their best interest to believe and accept. It will have to be more than just a story.
Do they care about world players besides Trump? He gave them cover from day one with the rouge comment.

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2018, 02:09:40 PM »
How about we start a list of who deserves to die. Murdered and cut up into pieces.
I will start. What about the traitor Jonathan Pollard? Should he have been murdered and cut up into pieces while on American soil?
Hopefully you get the point!!!

That’s not fair. The list has to be made in a fair, democratic, and transparent process. Everyone gets to vote on who makes the list of those who deserve to die. UN monitors can ensure that there are no voting irregularities. Of course, 1.5 billion people on this planet will vote for “the infidels”.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2018, 02:40:01 PM »
That’s not fair. The list has to be made in a fair, democratic, and transparent process. Everyone gets to vote on who makes the list of those who deserve to die. UN monitors can ensure that there are no voting irregularities. Of course, 1.5 billion people on this planet will vote for “the infidels”.
You just made a better argument against yourself than anyone here.

Offline greatluck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2018, 03:58:29 PM »
“DON’T MOURN FOR KHASHOGGI,” tweeted David Horowitz, a prominent conservative reactionary. “He was a Muslim Brotherhood operative, a pro-jihad, pro-Iranian, pro–[Tayyip] Erdoğan Jew-hater. A supporter of Iran.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/10/donald-trump-pro-saudi-right-reacts-jamal-khashoggi
and https://nypost.com/2018/10/18/why-the-saudis-despised-jamal-khashoggi/

Offline cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2018, 05:15:52 PM »
You just made a better argument against yourself than anyone here.

Now you have me really confused. Are you saying there is no one on this planet who “deserved to die” from a moral standpoint (we are not talking about condemning him to death and hiring a hit squad- we are talking about someone who is already dead) just because there are people who have distorted ideas of what is morally right and anyone can claim anyone deserves to die? That doesn’t add up.

You may have presented a good, practical reason as to why people should not be killed in such an arbitrary manor- it would set bad precedent and give license to kill just about anyone and claim it was deserved.

But that has no bearing on the question at hand: not should they have killed him. Not should his killers be punished. Not should there be diplomatic consequences. The question is did he deserve to die from a moral standpoint. That is a question I don’t think has a clear answer at this point.

Offline cmey

• View Profile

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2018, 11:19:25 PM »
Now you have me really confused. Are you saying there is no one on this planet who “deserved to die” from a moral standpoint (we are not talking about condemning him to death and hiring a hit squad- we are talking about someone who is already dead) just because there are people who have distorted ideas of what is morally right and anyone can claim anyone deserves to die? That doesn’t add up.

You may have presented a good, practical reason as to why people should not be killed in such an arbitrary manor- it would set bad precedent and give license to kill just about anyone and claim it was deserved.

But that has no bearing on the question at hand: not should they have killed him. Not should his killers be punished. Not should there be diplomatic consequences. The question is did he deserve to die from a moral standpoint. That is a question I don’t think has a clear answer at this point.
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Are you simply saying that you are shedding no tears over the guy even though it was a terrible thing that he was killed?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2018, 12:35:47 AM »
The bottom line is, with all the talk about "punishing" Saudi Arabia, they will likely try to find some kind of slap on the wrist.

The nonsense coming from Berlin about freezing arms sales, is just all talk to appease the (Turkish) masses.

(Almost) No one wants a more powerful and influential Iran. Saudi Arabia serves an important geopolitical stabilization and counterbalance role in the region. Somehow this will all go away and be forgotten.
-- Dan

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2018, 04:52:58 AM »
????
I could not disagree with you more.
Do you mean that the embassy is considered Saudi land? He was on Turkish soil until the Saudi’s lured him to his death. Did China have the right to lure the head of Interpol to the mainland so they could do away with him, since he ended up on their soil? I think others have a right to judge the Saudi actions based on their own moral standards, not Saudi rules.

Regardless of where it took place the world has a right to pass judgement on a nations actions.The world can condemn North Korea for putting millions of their own in concentration camps and starving and beating them even though it’s on North Korean land. The world can condemn China for forcing millions of Uighurs into “re-education camps” despite their taking place on Chinese soil. The same goes for the dozens of other countries and regimes that starve, beat, imprison, and murder various segments of their populations. Just because it takes place on your land doesn’t give you a moral pass.

The fact that the world turns a blind eye to all these ongoing atrocities , but is enraged at selective situations such as this one (as well as the “oppression of the Palestinian people” ) is a testament to world hypocrisy, political expediency trumping morality,  and might makes right.....

(As an aside, this is why the UN will never be an effective organization. It is not that it is a failure as an organization, just that it will always be a reflection of the behavior and moral compass of the nations that it is comprised of, and so it will always manifest the hypocrisy and lack of moral standards that are endemic to the counties in its membership.)

Learn what it means to have an embassy on foreign soil. It is considered 100% Saudia land. Period. I did not say I agree that he had a fair trial but lets not sit here crying about a hypocritical hater of Jews/Israel.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2018, 09:01:34 AM »
It is considered 100% Saudia land. Period.
Not exactly.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2018, 09:35:56 AM »

The forensics expert did a good job “convincing him”.
This one sounds like total bs. You’d be surprised at what’s taken place at these facilities right here in NYC.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2018, 12:38:22 AM »
The forensics expert did a good job “convincing him”.
This one sounds like total bs. You’d be surprised at what’s taken place at these facilities right here in NYC.
I wouldn't be surprised one bit. But I don't think the original intention was to kill him right then and there. It just creates a different level of diplomatic mess.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2018, 10:44:08 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/saudi-arabia-in-latest-reversal-says-khashoggi’s-killing-was-premeditated/ar-BBOSaaK?ocid=spartandhp

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2018, 05:12:56 PM »
These Saudis are such clowns. How many times can you change your story
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.