Author Topic: Cheap bamboo mats from home depot  (Read 13076 times)

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap bamboo mats from home depot
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2018, 08:25:38 AM »
Anyone with experience with these mats care to share which of the 3 options from last year are best or have an opinion?
http://www.crcweb.org/Schach2017.pdf
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2018, 01:07:29 AM »
Anyone with experience with these mats care to share which of the 3 options from last year are best or have an opinion?
http://www.crcweb.org/Schach2017.pdf
September 4, 2018

In previous years, the cRc has recommended certain readily available fencing material (commonly sold in Home Depot) to be used for schach  and provided detailed instructions on how to place them on the sukkah.   However, based on feedback from consumers on the sturdiness of those materials and how they were being used, we have determined that there is a reasonable chance that some people will end up not having kosher schach (since the fencing material could become invalidated if a few of the reeds break) unless they place multiple layers of fencing on top of their sukkah.

Accordingly, we are no longer issuing specific recommendations of fencing material. Instead we suggest that if you choose to use these fencing mats that you add additional schach (e.g. added layers of these mats, bamboo poles, evergreen or other tree branches) to ensure the fulfillment of the halachic requirement of "more shade than sunlight."  Also, any fencing mats should be placed perpendicular to the schach support beams in order to avoid ma’amid issues, as we have explained in previous years.   

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ShmuliT

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2019, 08:25:29 PM »
These worked well.
I doubled them up to get more shade and stability.
http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=53840X1297210&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.homedepot.com%2Fp%2FBackyard-X-Scapes-6-ft-x-16-ft-Reed-Fencing-4-Pack-HDD-BIN-RF01-4%2F100664722
I have 2 of these mats available for sale. Pick up in Kew Gardens.
1 new 1 used.
$35 for both.
I used 1 mat last year but I prefer the look of the more expensive sukkah depot mats.
Lots of sun light did shine through, but I guess Dan's suggestion of doubling them up would solve that.

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2019, 10:56:09 PM »
Giving away 8 of these mats (although a small donation to my shul would be nice). Located in 5towns. Must be picked up tomorrow or going into Mondays garbage pickup. Used one year. PM me