Author Topic: Affordable Pesach Travel Options  (Read 2082 times)

Offline selly18

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Affordable Pesach Travel Options
« on: October 23, 2018, 03:51:18 PM »
Anyone with recommendations for an affordable Pesach travel option in the U.S. or abroad? Any affordable family Pesach programs? Affordable places to rent with accessible kosher for passover food options?

Offline maiven33

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Affordable Pesach Travel Options
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 01:54:08 PM »
Consider renting a house w/pool in a gated community in Orlando. Aim for a facility that has free amenities like water slides/lazy river etc. They're available for under 2k. Airbnb/VRBO. Drive if you can. Bring you own food, but some pots/pans and cook and/or buy locally.  We booked a place at Windsor at Westside. Not part of the program.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 02:38:23 PM by maiven33 »

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 03:22:11 PM »
Consider renting a house w/pool in a gated community in Orlando. Aim for a facility that has free amenities like water slides/lazy river etc. They're available for under 2k. Airbnb/VRBO. Drive if you can. Bring you own food, but some pots/pans and cook and/or buy locally.  We booked a place at Windsor at Westside. Not part of the program.
What is the benefit of this? Is it just being in a possibly warmer climate?

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 03:26:08 PM »
Some people only get chances to go away on holidays when they are off from work/ kids are off from school so they want to vacation on a budget

Offline maiven33

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 03:34:23 PM »
Also, different family-friendly activities that will likely create unique memories (if you haven't been to Orlando), access to a variety of kosher/yom tov amenities, location where your extended family can also participate and, if planned carefully, relatively affordable.

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 06:56:59 PM »
Some people only get chances to go away on holidays when they are off from work/ kids are off from school so they want to vacation on a budget
Doesn't seem like vacation on a budget. Maybe if you stayed at a points hotel.

Also, different family-friendly activities that will likely create unique memories (if you haven't been to Orlando), access to a variety of kosher/yom tov amenities, location where your extended family can also participate and, if planned carefully, relatively affordable.
For a first time, yes Orlando has those unique items although now you're no longer relatively affordable. Parks are like $100 a person per day. Activities in NY/PA/NJ are much cheaper. Those Kosher/YT amenities are available at home. Extended family can meet you in NY at home as well.

I personally don't get it, unless the grandparents are sponsoring the whole thing. I also like the idea of Sedarim in my home. Of course if you're able to go all out at a nice hotel with catered meals and everything organized for you, that's a different story. The home-rental, make your own food, clean and Kasher anyway, is what's not for me.

Offline maiven33

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 11:23:28 AM »
For a first time, yes Orlando has those unique items although now you're no longer relatively affordable. Parks are like $100 a person per day. Activities in NY/PA/NJ are much cheaper. Those Kosher/YT amenities are available at home. Extended family can meet you in NY at home as well.

I personally don't get it, unless the grandparents are sponsoring the whole thing. I also like the idea of Sedarim in my home. Of course if you're able to go all out at a nice hotel with catered meals and everything organized for you, that's a different story. The home-rental, make your own food, clean and Kasher anyway, is what's not for me.

I hear that. You can always buy/bring/bbq/deliver prepared foods, and use the local kashering services. Personally the idea of squeezing into hotel rooms with little privacy and space for 8 plus days accompanied with the food related bedlam is not for me.

Offline ual902

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 11:46:41 AM »
Chabad houses that cater to Israeli backpackers in Central America and Mexico such as Boco Torres, Playa del carman, Cozumel Just rent a villa or hotel.

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 07:06:38 PM »

Most people's ny homes (read Brooklyn apartments) don't have room for extended family. A villa in warm weather with things to do is more appealing and still saves a fortune over hotel programs that usually charge 4k pp and up. A whole house can probably be rented for 2-3k.

Offline gtyossi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 08:03:27 PM »
https://olamholidays.com/pesach-2019/

You wont find anything in the states close to these prices.

A family of 6 comes in at around $7000 for 2 rooms including food.

Your on your own for airfare.

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 12:36:18 PM »
This one seems like its possibly cheaper, but no clue about the quality or reliability of the program:

https://www.totallyjewishtravel.com/passover_resorts/caribbean/glatt-kosher-pesach-bocas