Author Topic: Mileage run-ish?  (Read 705 times)

Offline vague

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Mileage run-ish?
« on: October 23, 2018, 06:05:03 PM »
I want to earn a minimum of 2,955 EQM before the year is up, to maintain my AA status.

I’m based out of PHL, willing to spend some money/points and time sitting on planes to nowhere, but having difficulty planning routes that are economical in both price and the EQMs they generate, while not keeping me anywhere overnight (start and end the day in PHL). I’ve been playing with generating multi-hop routes through one or more of AA’s hubs, but everything I turn up seems to just be prohibitively expensive.

Any thoughts/ideas on how to best approach this?

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Mileage run-ish?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:51:57 PM »
Flyertalk will be much better for this than here.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
Re: Mileage run-ish?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 12:16:58 AM »

I want to earn a minimum of 2,955 EQM before the year is up, to maintain my AA status.

I’m based out of PHL, willing to spend some money/points and time sitting on planes to nowhere, but having difficulty planning routes that are economical in both price and the EQMs they generate, while not keeping me anywhere overnight (start and end the day in PHL). I’ve been playing with generating multi-hop routes through one or more of AA’s hubs, but everything I turn up seems to just be prohibitively expensive.

Any thoughts/ideas on how to best approach this?

ITA.matrix, you'll still have to sort through options that won't help you, but you'll be able to sort by price.
Hub to hub isn't cheapest, IINM a stop in a hub will be cheapest.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch