Author Topic: Sprint is getting the iPhone  (Read 7553 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Sprint is getting the iPhone
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 09:14:40 PM »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 09:36:37 PM »
My sprint free unlimited plan (no data) was killed a few days ago, and I managed b"H to get it back !

Offline txtmax4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 02:40:27 PM »
My sprint free unlimited plan (no data) was killed a few days ago, and I managed b"H to get it back !

Please elaborate. Was it a grandfathered plan? How was it killed? How did you get it back?
Thanks.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 03:03:25 PM »
I got this plan myself, after realizing that no one could help me get one of those good plans.

This plan originally included blackberry service, including roaming for some $35 or $40 per month (I don't remember).
I was stupid and very short on cash, so I canceled the BB plan.
My monthly bills were just the taxes = $1.5 or so.
I had unlimited text and calls, besided for landlines between 6am-6pm and weekends, for a monthly fee of $0.00 .

As the original phone is dying, I got a new phone (ridiculous choice available, especially if you don't want a smart phone, which forces minimum $10/month + data plan).

Quoting their price, I was told that I need to do a mail in rebate, to which I replied that I'm still waiting for the credit of a few years back.
They transferred me a couple of times, until I got to a supervisor that told me that my plan was free, so I shouldn't complain.
I told the guy that I got this plan from sprint, and not because they regret having made this plan, that the rebate isn't due to me.
He put down the phone, and my brother who is using my phone, received a VM that the plan will be changed after 24 hours.

I had nothing to lose, and called up, and after a few of the regular forwards, I got hold of a guy that seemed nice and intelligent (a rarity at sprint), and told him my story.

He got angry and said:"we have a script to change plans on accounts such as yours, but why did this supervisor take this unsolicited action of manually changing your plan?! Who asked him to?" 
He then went on and told me that he will write him an email not to lay a finger on my account. I asked him why would the other listen to him? Are you a higher level. He said yes, and I don't recall what department he is on, but he is the second from the top.
I checked 2 days later, and my account was back with its original plans.

I called up to make sure, and was told that there is a note from higher up, forbidding reps explicitly to change my plan, without me specifically asking for it.

He did however add, that if the script to disable accounts changes my plan, he won't be able to help.

He did say that he thought that all accounts like mine were already changed.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 10:32:31 PM »
So it looks like the Iphone 5 might end up being a world phone which means I MIGHT actually consider buying it.

I really like the nice look of the Iphone but I still think I am leaning towards Android.
I use an Android now and I really like the Google Voice integration. I also like being able to move files to my Android by just drag and dropping.

Any reasons why I should wait for the Iphone?

Pro and Cons here please.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 04:37:31 PM »
Is it weird that my biggest reason for not wanting to get the iphone now that it's coming to sprint is probably that it wont work with all my microusb chargers and cables?

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 04:45:24 PM »
So it looks like the Iphone 5 might end up being a world phone which means I MIGHT actually consider buying it.
i see everyone is writing iphone 5 - are you reffering to 4s or a 5 supposed to come out?

and regarding the 4s - is it one phone that can be used for all providers (at&t - verizon for now)?

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 05:26:51 PM »
i see everyone is writing iphone 5 - are you reffering to 4s or a 5 supposed to come out?

and regarding the 4s - is it one phone that can be used for all providers (at&t - verizon for now)?

I was writing iphone5 before we were sure of what was coming... but yes.. now I do mean the 4s :)

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 10:12:07 PM »
woops! i didnt realize the date of your post. i thought it was part of a the new posts.

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 11:18:51 AM »
Is it weird that my biggest reason for not wanting to get the iphone now that it's coming to sprint is probably that it wont work with all my microusb chargers and cables?

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/10/04/apple-unveils-dock-to-micro-usb-adapter-to-comply-with-eu-standa/

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2011, 02:22:33 AM »
http://www.tuaw.com/2011/10/04/apple-unveils-dock-to-micro-usb-adapter-to-comply-with-eu-standa/
Yeah, I saw that.
Sorry, that just doesn't do it for me. An extra component to worry about is not what I'm looking for...

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »
I'm looking into getting the Sprint Motorola Photon or the iphone4s because I need a world phone.  The iphone4s takes a micro sim..right?  Is that easy to get in Israel?  I currently have a cellcom plan that I use.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »
I've seen someone cut a regular one and it works. I'm sure there are instructions somewher online.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 10:52:54 AM »
I've seen someone cut a regular one and it works. I'm sure there are instructions somewher online.

Yup I actually started searching and see that's an option. Def good to know.

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
I'm looking into getting the Sprint Motorola Photon or the iphone4s because I need a world phone.  The iphone4s takes a micro sim..right?  Is that easy to get in Israel?  I currently have a cellcom plan that I use.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

:( apparently the Sprint and possibly the VZW iPhone 4S have non removable sim cards!

Article here.

edit: now the article says it is removable...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 02:20:49 PM »
:( apparently the Sprint and possibly the VZW iPhone 4S have non removable sim cards!

Article here.

edit: now the article says it is removable...

I'm still hopeful they don't have the ESNs in their DB and one can activate a VZW iPhone4 on Sprint.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »
I'm still hopeful they don't have the ESNs in their DB and one can activate a VZW iPhone4 on Sprint.

Was about to ask a dumb question: Why would you want to add a Verizon 4S to Sprint? (Then I realized you probably have an "old" Verizon 4.

Now that I have contributed nothing, carry on.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 08:17:48 PM »
Sprint iPhone 4s has a problem with sluggish downloads?

Anyone experiencing that?

Also, only now was I made aware that, because the iPhone does not support WiMax (Sprint's 4G), all the traffic has to be routed on the CDMA network? Yikes. That gives me pause.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 08:30:08 PM »
No news there.  No 4G on Sprint/VZW is just one reason the iPhone 4s is a complete joke.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.