Author Topic: Israeli news  (Read 27966 times)

Offline mevinyavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
Re: Israeli news
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2023, 06:03:00 AM »
Police are blocking Meron and limiting visitors to 1000 at a time.
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/381945

Get the popcorn ready? Or overshadowed by everything else?
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline yfr bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2023, 06:30:06 AM »
Police are blocking Meron and limiting visitors to 1000 at a time.
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/381945

Get the popcorn ready? Or overshadowed by everything else?

Sigh...
Going to get spun by elements of the Charedi public into "anti-charedi police" while totaly disregarding the total tonedeafness (and real pikuach nefesh!) of crowds and crowds of people crowding into a place only 8.5 km from the border.

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2024, 11:32:47 AM »
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/383812

Panic in Jerusalem: Shooting at Central Bus Station - criminal related
MDA tended to and evacuated a 30-year-old male in serious condition. An additional individual was evacuated from the scene in light condition.
Israel National News
  Jan 18, 2024, 6:16 PM (GMT+2)

Gunshots, apparently criminal in nature, on Jaffa Road outside the Jerusalem Central Bus Station on Thursday caused panic among bystanders.

Many of the bystanders were filmed fleeing the scene.

The police arrived at the scene and opened an investigation.

MDA stated: "At 5:35 pm a report was received at the MDA 101 hotline in the Jerusalem district of a wounded individual on Jaffa Road near the Jerusalem Central Bus Station. MDA EMTs and paramedics tended to and evacuated a 30-year-old male in serious condition with penetrating wounds to Shaare Tzedek Medical Center. An additional individual was evacuated from the scene in light condition."
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2024, 10:08:34 AM »
Complaints about the behavior of Extra bus company's drivers.
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/383978

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2024, 02:08:21 PM »
Complaints about the behavior of Extra bus company's drivers.
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/383978

Nu, Nu... It was like just last week that they were celebrating replacing Egged with Extra... for the exact same issues...
This particular prob is going off route which is illegal.

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2024, 08:14:02 AM »
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/385013
Supreme Court rejects petition to allow chometz onto army bases on Pesach. Wonder how this is different than hospitals?

Offline yshad

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2024, 08:18:28 AM »
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here goes.
What is the deal with autopsies here in Israel? If someone CH"V dies suddenly, they need to do an autopsy even if there is nothing suspicious?
Is that how it is in the US?
And apparently, hafganos work wonders- is there a reason why only the "loonies" are protesting?

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2024, 09:00:05 AM »
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here goes.
What is the deal with autopsies here in Israel? If someone CH"V dies suddenly, they need to do an autopsy even if there is nothing suspicious?
Is that how it is in the US?
And apparently, hafganos work wonders- is there a reason why only the "loonies" are protesting?

As good a place as any.
Knowing that some people may dispute what I have to say, I will venture into the mine field...
Like almost all western countries, sudden unexplained deaths get investigated by the police and medical examiner.
This is especially true if there are marks on the body, a history of child protective services involvement or suspicious inconsistencies in the story told to the police and/or doctors.
In such cases the Police will refuse to issue a burial permit until the cause of death has been identified.
Today, external examinations like CAT scans and MRIS, along with various blood tests can lead to determining the cause of death in most cases. Some of these take time to get the results, especially some of the blood tests. Which leads to requests for physical autopsies being withdrawn as a matter of course, or are blocked by the courts... (I heard the stat that in EY 99.5% of court requests for autopsies - i.e. the family is against - are denied due to other options being sufficient)
All this AFAIK is intrinsically no different than the US. Misaskim sometimes needs to spend tremendous efforts to prevent autopsies.

The "loonies" have a long memory. They remember the old autopsy laws where the bodies actually belonged to the state and doctors could do whatever they wanted (see lieutenant Birnbaum's book for some details)
Also Everything is one big story of a state inquisition infringing on Jewish values....
So protest, and when the court stops it, or the police request is withdrawn bec the bloodwork came back with results - the loonies can claim a WIN and say hafganot work- (which they almost never can in any other tchum  ;D ;D)

(I need to run, but i'll bl"n post about my experiences when my son was niftar and some other stories a little later)

Offline Sam 77

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2024, 11:14:12 AM »
As good a place as any.
Knowing that some people may dispute what I have to say, I will venture into the mine field...
Like almost all western countries, sudden unexplained deaths get investigated by the police and medical examiner.
This is especially true if there are marks on the body, a history of child protective services involvement or suspicious inconsistencies in the story told to the police and/or doctors.
In such cases the Police will refuse to issue a burial permit until the cause of death has been identified.
Today, external examinations like CAT scans and MRIS, along with various blood tests can lead to determining the cause of death in most cases. Some of these take time to get the results, especially some of the blood tests. Which leads to requests for physical autopsies being withdrawn as a matter of course, or are blocked by the courts... (I heard the stat that in EY 99.5% of court requests for autopsies - i.e. the family is against - are denied due to other options being sufficient)
All this AFAIK is intrinsically no different than the US. Misaskim sometimes needs to spend tremendous efforts to prevent autopsies.

The "loonies" have a long memory. They remember the old autopsy laws where the bodies actually belonged to the state and doctors could do whatever they wanted (see lieutenant Birnbaum's book for some details)
Also Everything is one big story of a state inquisition infringing on Jewish values....
So protest, and when the court stops it, or the police request is withdrawn bec the bloodwork came back with results - the loonies can claim a WIN and say hafganot work- (which they almost never can in any other tchum  ;D ;D)

(I need to run, but i'll bl"n post about my experiences when my son was niftar and some other stories a little later)
Im not sure who "won" you cant breath on shmuel hanavi

Offline yshad

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2024, 04:21:05 PM »
As good a place as any.

Thanks for the informative writeup. Sorry if I am stepping on a sore point for you.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2024, 08:46:00 AM »
Scary stuff. MULTIPLE security failures. All utilizing the weakest links - gullible humans!

https://x.com/kastelmoti/status/1757007286348763487

עכשיו לאחר שהותרו לפרסום חלקים מכתב האישום החמור נותר לשאול:

1. למי העביר ומה עשה הנאשם עם החומרים שהקליט, אסף וצילם?
2. מי אחראי למחדל הנורא הזה?

3. על מי ניסתה הפרקליטות לגונן ולהסתיר כשניסתה להשתיק את ח"כ אלמוג כהן באמצעים סובייטים?

This might not be the right thread. Mods, feel free to move this.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 09:11:05 AM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2024, 12:16:37 PM »
Scary stuff. MULTIPLE security failures. All utilizing the weakest links - gullible humans!

https://x.com/kastelmoti/status/1757007286348763487

This might not be the right thread. Mods, feel free to move this.

@ExGingi   Can you give us a cliffs notes version of whats in the tweet?

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2024, 12:19:57 PM »
Thanks for the informative writeup. Sorry if I am stepping on a sore point for you.

No sore points here.
We're B"h A-OK with what happened to us (both mentally and hashgaficaly)
The minefield is trying to explain israeli socio-hashgafic issues... Someone is bound to attack you no matter what you say
(Sorry im still quite in a rush so i cant write the experiences i promised)

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2024, 01:14:22 PM »
@ExGingi   Can you give us a cliffs notes version of whats in the tweet?

Basically an individual who no longer serves in the IDF presented himself at various bases claiming different ranks, getting letters produced and signed appointing him to various positions without anyone questioning or even reviewing prior to signing. He got access to a mobile phone of one individual and sent himself messages. Walked passed security with false claims. Took photos and got copies of classified documents. Etc.

Charges are (excuse my translation, not familiar with the corresponding legal terms):
1. Fraudulently getting possession of items under severe circumstances.
2. Classified information.
3. Severe espionage.
4. Entering an army facility.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 02:04:06 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2024, 02:31:02 PM »
Basically an individual who no longer serves in the IDF presented himself at various bases claiming different ranks, getting letters produced and signed appointing him to various positions without anyone questioning or even reviewing prior to signing. He got access to a mobile phone of one individual and sent himself messages. Walked passed security with false claims. Took photos and got copies of classified documents. Etc.

Charges are (excuse my translation, not familiar with the corresponding legal terms):
1. Fraudulently getting possession of items under severe circumstances.
2. Classified information.
3. Severe espionage.
4. Entering an army facility.
is this part of a bigger story? what's the cliff notes of the background?

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2024, 03:49:23 PM »
is this part of a bigger story? what's the cliff notes of the background?
הותר לפרסום חלק מכתב האישום: המתחזה שחדר לבסיסים והקליט ישיבות סודיות

בית המשפט המחוזי בבאר שבע התיר היום (שני) לפרסם חלקים מכתב האישום שהוגש נגד אדם שהתחזה לקצין והצליח להשיג מידע סודי.
כתב האישום הותר לפרסום לאחר בקשה ומאבק של ח"כ אלמוג כהן שהבהיר כי ימשיך להילחם עד ששמו של הנאשם יותר לפרסום.
הנאשם התחזה לקצין בדרגת סרן והוא נכח בהערכות מצב ובמרכז שליטה. הוא נחשף למספר החטיבות שגויסו לאחר שסייע בבירור סטטוס גיוס כוחות החטיבות השונות.
באישום מתואר שהנאשם "גייס" את עצמו למילואים על אף שלא קיבל צו 8. הוא יצר קשר בוואטסאפ עם עוזר קמ"ן וביקש להתגייס לשירות מילואים. כשהגיע לבסיס אוגדה הוא הציג את עצמו ואמר לנוכחים שם שהוא איש מודיעין. אותו איש אמר לנאשם כי אינו מכיר אותו.
הנאשם הצליח להיות נוכח בהערכות מצב, במרכז שליטה ואף ישב סביב שולחנו הערכת מצב באגף המבצעים. הוא צילם חיילים שהיו במקום וכן מסכי מחשב צבאיים. במהלך היום הוא המשיך לבקש לסייע, אך קצין התעלם מבקשתו ולא שלח אותו לפיקוד הדרום.
למרות הסירוב, על פי כתב האישום, בסופו של דבר הוא הצליח לפגוש באדם שלקח אותו לשם ולהיכנס לבסיס. בזמן ששהה שם הוא ענד על כתפיו דרגת סרן - על אף שידע שדרגתו היא סגן. בערב השתתף בהערכת מצב על אף שאינו מוסמך לכך, פנה לאחד המשתתפים ושאל במה הוא יוכל לסייע - תוך שהוא מציג את עצמו כקמ"ן מבצעים.
בהמשך, קצינת ביטחון מידע נתנה לו את מכשיר הטלפון שלה כדי שיכניס את מספרו לרשימת אנשי הקשר. שלא באישורה, הוא שלח ממנה שתי הודעות על מספרי הרוגים ופצועים בטבח של חמאס.
הוא כתב, לעצמו, "נשמח שתראה בחמ"ל איך אפשר לייעל את העבודה", ובהודעה נוספת - "תגיד לנו מה לעשות כשמקבלים דיווחים סותרים מהשטח".
על פי כתב האישום, באמצעות ההודעות האלה, שכביכול נשלחו מהקצינה, הוא הציג את עצמו כמי שמוסמך לפעול בתחומים האלה בחמ"ל פיקוד הדרום.
למחרת הוא פגש באדם אחר שיש לו היכרות מוקדמת איתו והציג את עצמו כמי שיש לו פתרונות לאתגרים מבצעיים, כדי שישכנע אותו לקבל גישה למידע נוסף. אותו אדם סקר בפניו את הפערים הקיימים באג"מ. סמוך לאחר מכן ביקש הנאשם מאותו אדם שיחתום לו על מסמך אישור כניסה לש"ג.
בהמשך, הצליח בעורמה לכתוב פורמט במחשב שאישר כי הוא סרן במיל' שמונה לקמב"ץ משימות ומבצעים מיוחדים בחמ"ל מפקד פיקוד דרום. הוא הדפיס את המסמך וביקש מהאדם שאחראי לחתום עליו - תוך שטען בכזב שקצין אחר אישר שיחתום. כך הוא קיבל במרמה "מכתב מינוי" כוזב.
באותו יום הוא שוחח עם חייל מילואים על חומרים שמסווגים כסודי וסודי ביותר, וגם הקליט את השיחה. לאחר מכן ניסה לקבל מסמך הסמכה נוסף, אך לא הצליח בכך, ואז כתב מסמך נוסף שמאשר כי הוסמך "לפתוח תא מיוחדים בחמ"ל ולשמש כמפקדו. תפקיד התא לשמש זרוע ארוכה חשאית וכן ליזום משימות מיוחדות פורצות גבול במרחב. בסמכותו של הנ"ל לגייס כל חייל וקצין למילואים מכל יחידה וכן להשתמש בכל יכולת נדרש על מנת לבצע את המשימה".
לאחר מכן הוא הצליח לקבל כתב מינוי כוזב נוסף. הוא שוחח עם אזרחים, הציג את עצמו כמי ששייך לפיקוד, ונחשף למידע מסווג כסודי וכסודי ביותר לשומר סוד, ושוב הקליט את השיחה בטלפון.
ב-11 באוקטובר הוא נפגש באקראי עם אדם אחר, והזדהה כאיש מילואים ומודיעין אשר מרכז את תחום המבצעים המיוחדים בשגרה. הוא גם גרם לכך שאנשים אחרים יגיעו לפיקוד דרום, מבלי שהורשו להיכנס פנימה, בהם טייס F-16 לשעבר.
הוא הציג את עצמו בש"ג כאחראי, כדי לאפשר את כניסתם לבסיס. לאחר מכן הוא הפגיש אותם עם אדם נוסף, הציג אותם בכזב כחיילים ויזם שיחה שבמהלכה שוחחו על מידע שסווג סודי וסודי ביותר.
הוא שוב הקליט את השיחה בטלפון הנייד, וחשף את השניים האחרים לתוכנה - על אף שלא היו מוסמכים לכך. הדבר חזר על עצמו פעמים נוספות, כולל שליחת ידיעה סודית בוואטסאפ לאדם אחר ששירת איתו בעבר.
בכתב האישום מתואר גם כי בין 7 באוקטובר עד 15 באוקטובר, נכח הנאשם במקומות רגישים כולל מפקדות, חדרי מבצעים, חדרי מלחמה ודיונים שלא היה מוסמך להשתתף בהם וכמובן שלא הוזמן אליהם וכי אין לו אישור ביטחון מידע.
הוא הצליח להשיג, לאסוף ולרשום ידיעות סודיות תוך שהוא מתעד את הדברים בצילומים בטלפון הסלולרי שלו ידיעות סודיות על סדרי כוחות הביטחון, אמצעים קיימים בשימוש צה"לי, אמצעים חסרים, הסברים על יכולות מסוווגות ועוד.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2024, 05:38:26 PM »
בהמשך, קצינת ביטחון מידע נתנה לו את מכשיר הטלפון שלה כדי שיכניס את מספרו לרשימת אנשי הקשר. שלא באישורה, הוא שלח ממנה שתי הודעות על מספרי הרוגים ופצועים בטבח של חמאס.
הוא כתב, לעצמו, "נשמח שתראה בחמ"ל איך אפשר לייעל את העבודה", ובהודעה נוספת - "תגיד לנו מה לעשות כשמקבלים דיווחים סותרים מהשטח".
על פי כתב האישום, באמצעות ההודעות האלה, שכביכול נשלחו מהקצינה, הוא הציג את עצמו כמי שמוסמך לפעול בתחומים האלה בחמ"ל פיקוד הדרום.
למחרת הוא פגש באדם אחר שיש לו היכרות מוקדמת איתו והציג את עצמו כמי שיש לו פתרונות לאתגרים מבצעיים, כדי שישכנע אותו לקבל גישה למידע נוסף. אותו אדם סקר בפניו את הפערים הקיימים באג"מ. סמוך לאחר מכן ביקש הנאשם מאותו אדם שיחתום לו על מסמך אישור כניסה לש"ג.

This to me is the most outrageous part. A DATA SECURITY OFFICER created a major security breach, which anyone with some common sense would have avoided! I sincerely hope she was summarily dismissed from her position! If she wasn't that's an HUGE failure.
-- Dan

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2024, 05:50:35 PM »
הותר לפרסום חלק מכתב האישום: המתחזה שחדר לבסיסים והקליט ישיבות סודיות

בית המשפט המחוזי בבאר שבע התיר היום (שני) לפרסם חלקים מכתב האישום שהוגש נגד אדם שהתחזה לקצין והצליח להשיג מידע סודי.
כתב האישום הותר לפרסום לאחר בקשה ומאבק של ח"כ אלמוג כהן שהבהיר כי ימשיך להילחם עד ששמו של הנאשם יותר לפרסום.
הנאשם התחזה לקצין בדרגת סרן והוא נכח בהערכות מצב ובמרכז שליטה. הוא נחשף למספר החטיבות שגויסו לאחר שסייע בבירור סטטוס גיוס כוחות החטיבות השונות.
באישום מתואר שהנאשם "גייס" את עצמו למילואים על אף שלא קיבל צו 8. הוא יצר קשר בוואטסאפ עם עוזר קמ"ן וביקש להתגייס לשירות מילואים. כשהגיע לבסיס אוגדה הוא הציג את עצמו ואמר לנוכחים שם שהוא איש מודיעין. אותו איש אמר לנאשם כי אינו מכיר אותו.
הנאשם הצליח להיות נוכח בהערכות מצב, במרכז שליטה ואף ישב סביב שולחנו הערכת מצב באגף המבצעים. הוא צילם חיילים שהיו במקום וכן מסכי מחשב צבאיים. במהלך היום הוא המשיך לבקש לסייע, אך קצין התעלם מבקשתו ולא שלח אותו לפיקוד הדרום.
למרות הסירוב, על פי כתב האישום, בסופו של דבר הוא הצליח לפגוש באדם שלקח אותו לשם ולהיכנס לבסיס. בזמן ששהה שם הוא ענד על כתפיו דרגת סרן - על אף שידע שדרגתו היא סגן. בערב השתתף בהערכת מצב על אף שאינו מוסמך לכך, פנה לאחד המשתתפים ושאל במה הוא יוכל לסייע - תוך שהוא מציג את עצמו כקמ"ן מבצעים.
בהמשך, הצליח בעורמה לכתוב פורמט במחשב שאישר כי הוא סרן במיל' שמונה לקמב"ץ משימות ומבצעים מיוחדים בחמ"ל מפקד פיקוד דרום. הוא הדפיס את המסמך וביקש מהאדם שאחראי לחתום עליו - תוך שטען בכזב שקצין אחר אישר שיחתום. כך הוא קיבל במרמה "מכתב מינוי" כוזב.
באותו יום הוא שוחח עם חייל מילואים על חומרים שמסווגים כסודי וסודי ביותר, וגם הקליט את השיחה. לאחר מכן ניסה לקבל מסמך הסמכה נוסף, אך לא הצליח בכך, ואז כתב מסמך נוסף שמאשר כי הוסמך "לפתוח תא מיוחדים בחמ"ל ולשמש כמפקדו. תפקיד התא לשמש זרוע ארוכה חשאית וכן ליזום משימות מיוחדות פורצות גבול במרחב. בסמכותו של הנ"ל לגייס כל חייל וקצין למילואים מכל יחידה וכן להשתמש בכל יכולת נדרש על מנת לבצע את המשימה".
לאחר מכן הוא הצליח לקבל כתב מינוי כוזב נוסף. הוא שוחח עם אזרחים, הציג את עצמו כמי ששייך לפיקוד, ונחשף למידע מסווג כסודי וכסודי ביותר לשומר סוד, ושוב הקליט את השיחה בטלפון.
ב-11 באוקטובר הוא נפגש באקראי עם אדם אחר, והזדהה כאיש מילואים ומודיעין אשר מרכז את תחום המבצעים המיוחדים בשגרה. הוא גם גרם לכך שאנשים אחרים יגיעו לפיקוד דרום, מבלי שהורשו להיכנס פנימה, בהם טייס F-16 לשעבר.
הוא הציג את עצמו בש"ג כאחראי, כדי לאפשר את כניסתם לבסיס. לאחר מכן הוא הפגיש אותם עם אדם נוסף, הציג אותם בכזב כחיילים ויזם שיחה שבמהלכה שוחחו על מידע שסווג סודי וסודי ביותר.
הוא שוב הקליט את השיחה בטלפון הנייד, וחשף את השניים האחרים לתוכנה - על אף שלא היו מוסמכים לכך. הדבר חזר על עצמו פעמים נוספות, כולל שליחת ידיעה סודית בוואטסאפ לאדם אחר ששירת איתו בעבר.
בכתב האישום מתואר גם כי בין 7 באוקטובר עד 15 באוקטובר, נכח הנאשם במקומות רגישים כולל מפקדות, חדרי מבצעים, חדרי מלחמה ודיונים שלא היה מוסמך להשתתף בהם וכמובן שלא הוזמן אליהם וכי אין לו אישור ביטחון מידע.
הוא הצליח להשיג, לאסוף ולרשום ידיעות סודיות תוך שהוא מתעד את הדברים בצילומים בטלפון הסלולרי שלו ידיעות סודיות על סדרי כוחות הביטחון, אמצעים קיימים בשימוש צה"לי, אמצעים חסרים, הסברים על יכולות מסוווגות ועוד.
nope.
this summarizes the actual document.

what's the almog cohen story?

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2024, 07:48:21 PM »
what's the almog cohen story?

He found out about it and pushed for publication (and is still pushing to reveal redacted details). He was smeared (as is to be expected when revealing the failures of the deep-state that just tried brushing the whole thing under the rug).
-- Dan

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2024, 11:57:37 AM »