Author Topic: United Flights Schedule  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
United Flights Schedule
« on: November 15, 2018, 02:03:20 AM »
How late before flight dates does United wait to post the new flights?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/travel/timetable/default.aspx

I've been looking for Motzei Shabbos paid flights from EWR to either MIA or FLL, yet after Jan 5th, there are no flights to MIA after 4pm on any Saturday, or any flights to FLL after 6:30 or 730pm. If I recall last year, there may have been a time as well that a night flight wasn't around at first on a Motzei Shabbos, and then suddenly it became a flight option  that later existed.

1- Does anyone know if night flights will become available on United on Saturday nights after Jan 5th, just like they exist from now until Jan 5th?

2- Does anyone know why it's less then 2 months to Jan 12, Jan 19, 26 ect, yet United hasn't published any night flights on Saturday nights to MIA or FLL, if in fact they plan to open up night flights? Are they trying to fill up day flights before putting a night option?

3- Does anyone have a suggestion who I can reach out to at United who will be able to answer me if indeed there will be night flights to South Florida on Sat nights in the winter?

Thanks.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
Re: United Flights Schedule
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 12:39:22 PM »
Any travel agents, travel experts want to chime in?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 12:43:55 PM »
Flights are added well before 2 months out.
If it's not there then it's highly unlikely to be added.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online nafnaf12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 12:46:40 PM »
How late before flight dates does United wait to post the new flights?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/travel/timetable/default.aspx

I've been looking for Motzei Shabbos paid flights from EWR to either MIA or FLL, yet after Jan 5th, there are no flights to MIA after 4pm on any Saturday, or any flights to FLL after 6:30 or 730pm. If I recall last year, there may have been a time as well that a night flight wasn't around at first on a Motzei Shabbos, and then suddenly it became a flight option  that later existed.

1- Does anyone know if night flights will become available on United on Saturday nights after Jan 5th, just like they exist from now until Jan 5th?

2- Does anyone know why it's less then 2 months to Jan 12, Jan 19, 26 ect, yet United hasn't published any night flights on Saturday nights to MIA or FLL, if in fact they plan to open up night flights? Are they trying to fill up day flights before putting a night option?

3- Does anyone have a suggestion who I can reach out to at United who will be able to answer me if indeed there will be night flights to South Florida on Sat nights in the winter?

Thanks.
try FLL
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »
Flights are added well before 2 months out.
If it's not there then it's highly unlikely to be added.
For some reason, last year I similarly recall a Motzei Shabbos flight not showing at first, and then it goes into inventory. Strange

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 01:11:36 PM »
For some reason, last year I similarly recall a Motzei Shabbos flight not showing at first, and then it goes into inventory. Strange

That typically happens more than 2 months out.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 01:15:39 PM »
Any email for me to contact United for a honest response?

I guess we can wait and see if Motzei Shabbos flights will indeed be added to MIA and FLL in Jan and Feb.

To me it's strange that united wouldn't fly at night from NYC to South Florida on Saturday. History says they always do I think.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 01:53:46 PM »
Just saw that 8pm Sat flights return to both MIA and FLL on Feb 16.
Interesting to me that they would choose to exclude late night Sat flights from Jan 12- Feb 16, and exactly the same missing night flight on both routes at the same time.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 01:59:27 PM »
Just saw that 8pm Sat flights return to both MIA and FLL on Feb 16.
Interesting to me that they would choose to exclude late night Sat flights from Jan 12- Feb 16, and exactly the same missing night flight on both routes at the same time.
You mean United knows the profitability of their flight times based on time of year better than you do?

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 07:27:00 PM »
I originally asked about UNITED, but now I see its not just United. I see JETBLUE also has no flights at 8 or 9 pm on any Sat night from Jan 12th through Feb 16.
In fact, JETBLUE doesn't even have their standard 9:21pm flight from EWR to FLL (flight 905) even during the weekday during the entire time period. That flight is moved up to 7:21pm during that entire time, before it does back to 9:21pm.

It seems to me that for some reason EWR is limiting night departures during that month and a half period. The question is why?