Author Topic: Tesla Master Thread  (Read 365144 times)

Offline mark100

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tesla Master Thread
« Reply #1520 on: May 03, 2022, 12:56:43 AM »
This is truly incredible. Really makes autopilot a pleasure!
Do note that it only worked for me on the right side though.
Is this product meant for FSD or even for basic auto pilot?

Offline Sam 77

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 03, 2022, 04:19:19 PM »
The Tesla Semi is now available for pre-order on the the Tesla website.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1522 on: May 03, 2022, 04:21:32 PM »
Is this product meant for FSD or even for basic auto pilot?
Either.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 04, 2022, 03:37:06 PM »
I was supposed to pick up my tesla tomorrow. received a call this morning that the car is missing the charge port, and obviously will not be available for pickup tomorrow. They dont know when the charge port will be coming in. So frustrating.

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 04, 2022, 05:18:11 PM »
I was supposed to pick up my tesla tomorrow. received a call this morning that the car is missing the charge port, and obviously will not be available for pickup tomorrow. They dont know when the charge port will be coming in. So frustrating.
Tesla CS at it's norm
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline mark100

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 06, 2022, 09:52:31 AM »

Did you get the car yet? At the beginning of the week, it said on my order page "Estimated Delivery: May 02 - May 06". Each morning it changed by one day later. I called them now, and they said "The car is missing some parts that have to do with the charging, Should be in on the 10th and then they need to install it so hopefully, in about 2 weeks the car will be ready for pick up" That is crazy. I have 0 communication from them, no emails, no phone calls, and no texts. When the VIN was ready about 2 weeks ago, they didn't allow me to proceed with the "delivery" until I uploaded proof I have insurance. So now I am paying for insurance for at least a month for a vehicle I don't even have. That is crazy   

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 06, 2022, 10:00:09 AM »
Did you get the car yet? At the beginning of the week, it said on my order page "Estimated Delivery: May 02 - May 06". Each morning it changed by one day later. I called them now, and they said "The car is missing some parts that have to do with the charging, Should be in on the 10th and then they need to install it so hopefully, in about 2 weeks the car will be ready for pick up" That is crazy. I have 0 communication from them, no emails, no phone calls, and no texts. When the VIN was ready about 2 weeks ago, they didn't allow me to proceed with the "delivery" until I uploaded proof I have insurance. So now I am paying for insurance for at least a month for a vehicle I don't even have. That is crazy
You should be able to get it refunded from the insurance company.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #1527 on: May 06, 2022, 10:06:38 AM »
miught be the mixup now that they removed charging cable from the cars. maybe your still needs it and they are waiting for it.
#TYH

Offline momo

• View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 06, 2022, 10:22:03 AM »

I haven’t received the car yet. Its at the service center, and its missing the charge port, not the mobile adapter. They delivered a bunch of cars without the charge ports, to service centers across the country and are now waiting for the last piece  to be delivered. Kinda insane. They claim that it will be coming in next week and be ready by weeks end, but I’m not holding my breath. regarding insurance fortunately for me i use a broker who sent me proof of insurance, without me having yo make a payment, so i am able to change it and not start paying until I actually get the car.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 06, 2022, 10:44:07 AM »

I haven’t received the car yet. Its at the service center, and its missing the charge port, not the mobile adapter. They delivered a bunch of cars without the charge ports, to service centers across the country and are now waiting for the last piece  to be delivered. Kinda insane. They claim that it will be coming in next week and be ready by weeks end, but I’m not holding my breath. regarding insurance fortunately for me i use a broker who sent me proof of insurance, without me having yo make a payment, so i am able to change it and not start paying until I actually get the car.
Supply chain issues. They obviously wanted to get the cars missing parts off the factory lots, so they shipped them to delivery centers. I assume they also don't want the factory workers to be busy with it, so the delivery/service centers will be installing the parts.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline momo

• View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: May 06, 2022, 11:35:00 AM »
That's correct. However the fact that they had me arrange a pickup date and time, and confirmed it with me less then 24 hours prior to pickup, only to later call me back and tell me, that the car is missing the charge port, and wont be ready for at least another week, is insane. i had to reschedule things in order to go pickup the car, as well as make my insurance agent nuts, saying nothing about arranging for the car I'm currently driving to be sold\taken over by someone, makes this situation ridiculous. Tesla cars may be amazing, but the customer service, and communication is terrible.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 06, 2022, 02:03:04 PM »
["-"]

Offline cholent

• View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 06, 2022, 02:05:43 PM »

The thing I love most about statistics is how easy it is to get numbers to show only and exactly what you want them to
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline Sum Dum Goy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 11, 2022, 04:59:49 PM »
This is truly incredible. Really makes autopilot a pleasure!
Do note that it only worked for me on the right side though.

Thank you Dan for the shining review! I also just got some of these Yoke Buddies in. They are not listed yet on the website because I'm waiting for more inventory, but if anybody here wants to buy one of the test units, I can certainly accommodate. The price is $199 with free shipping.

Offline Zalc

• View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 11, 2022, 05:00:41 PM »

This really could use a subdivision by highway vs city or something similar.

Most people engage autopilot in when it's easier to drive safely, like ok highways.

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 11, 2022, 09:39:15 PM »
https://drivekyte.com/

Also, they have a Tesla Subscription Program in SF and NYC which basically seems like short-term leasing for 3, 6 or 12 months with liability insurance included. Not sure how you'd get collision coverage or what kind of mileage is included.

How's $995/month for a 12-month lease on a Long Range Model 3? What's a regular Tesla lease- $650/month+a few thousand down+insurance?

Offline Sam 77

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 15, 2022, 01:52:53 PM »
Elon Musk will finally open Tesla Superchargers to other vehicle brands.

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 15, 2022, 05:10:02 PM »
Elon Musk will finally open Tesla Superchargers to other vehicle brands.
And people still compare Tesla to Apple...
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline yeshivabucher

• View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #1538 on: May 15, 2022, 05:14:16 PM »
And people still compare Tesla to Apple...
lol try getting spare parts or going to 3rd party repairs

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts