Author Topic: Tesla Master Thread  (Read 350740 times)

Offline Platinum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dan's Tesla Thread
« Reply #540 on: July 03, 2020, 08:27:41 PM »
Does Tesla not sell the long range RWD in stores anymore?

They haven't for a while. I wish they did. I think they sell them in China

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #541 on: July 03, 2020, 08:31:12 PM »
They haven't for a while. I wish they did. I think they sell them in China
Can probably get a deal on the secondary market.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Platinum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 03, 2020, 08:37:03 PM »
Can probably get a deal on the secondary market.

I tried to get a loaner/demo but wasn't successful. The problem with used is that you don't get the incentives.

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 05, 2020, 02:54:49 AM »
Meaning that they won't ticket for it unless they were already ticketing for a different infraction?
Correct.
i would think you are at risk of i ticket with this
This wasn’t like driving a car, this was like piloting a rocketship!
8) ;)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #544 on: July 05, 2020, 12:50:23 PM »
LOL, I legit have no idea what they're worth.
$3K?
Sold!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 05, 2020, 02:53:33 PM »
I just read through this entire thread https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/thanks-dan (yea, I'm a little too bored right now.) All I can say is wow! These people really have their heads stuck up their a$$es. That magic 8 ball guy is a real piece of work.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 05, 2020, 02:58:23 PM »
I just read through this entire thread https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/thanks-dan (yea, I'm a little too bored right now.) All I can say is wow! These people really have their heads stuck up their a$$es. That magic 8 ball guy is a real piece of work.
Lol, Dan is now something that forum throws around whenever something goes wrong or when they need something. Lots of fun threads.
It's a terrible forum anyway. TMC is much better (and is where I sold my wheels).

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 05, 2020, 03:02:33 PM »
Lol, Dan is now something that forum throws around whenever something goes wrong or when they need something. Lots of fun threads.
It's a terrible forum anyway. TMC is much better (and is where I sold my wheels).
That's kinda funny. I have zero interest in spending any time on that forum but the Dan threads were entertaining.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 08, 2020, 01:21:46 AM »
what SD card does your Tesla run on?
the reviews makes it sound as if tesla run of a SD card, I hope its not easy to eject while driving
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Endurance-128GB-Micro-Adapter/dp/B07B984HJ5
["-"]

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 08, 2020, 04:08:39 PM »

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
["-"]

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 23, 2020, 12:39:04 AM »
Give it some Like/RT love and add your own suggestions :)

https://twitter.com/DansDeals/status/1196525791623950337
1. Done.
2. Now controllable via voice control-turn off climate
3. Done.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 24, 2020, 12:20:59 PM »

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #554 on: August 17, 2020, 09:29:34 PM »
Scary stuff in this Twitter thread.

https://twitter.com/teslacharts/status/1295489829501906944

1/ What’s it like starting an anonymous Twitter account in an effort to expose a powerful billionaire of malfeasance? The simple answer is this: Don’t do it. On the occasion of today’s new all-time high in Tesla stock, I felt it might be instructive to share my story.
2/ I started this account in Feb-2018 as a social media experiment. I wondered if combining crisp data charts on a highly polarizing stock might capture a decently sized fintwit audience. As @georgia_orwell_ can attest, I assumed I would run out of material in a month.
3/ Much to my surprise, the account found its niche and after a few months I had something like 4-5k followers. I enjoyed the banter, even the back-and-forth with various bulls. I hadn’t blocked a single account and took pride in that fact.
4/ Then this happened, and everything changed. Mind you, I have never shorted Tesla in meaningful size. This was never about an investment for me, I have been very clear on this point from the start, etc. Nonetheless, I was to pay for expressing my beliefs.
5/ What follows is a partial list of things that have transpired since then. First, my Twitter account received so many hacking attempts that it was suspended by Twitter Security. I then implemented two-factor authentification. Granted, I should have done that from the start.
6/ Shortly thereafter, my personal iTunes account was hacked, despite the fact that neither my iTunes email or personal cell number were associated with this Twitter account. Coincidence? I’m not a big believer in coincidence. Putting that genie back in the bottle was tough.
7/ An entity with which I have a professional association received anonymous electronic communication implying that continuing to associate with me would not be beneficial to them because I was TC. The people running that entity know I’m TC and blew it off.
8/ A few days later, their internal email system was hacked. The hackers impersonated employees of that entity and tried to wire significant sums of money to an offshore account owned by the hackers. Coincidence? I’m not a big believer in coincidence.
9/ The forensic investigation into that hack is ongoing, but because the hackers did not succeed in stealing any money (the people running the entity were on high alert and intervened immediately), I’m not hopeful the perpetrators will be found.
10/ I noticed this car parked outside my home. I know the cars on my secluded street. This car didn’t belong. There was a male in the driver’s seat. I observed it for several minutes. I took this picture and started walking towards it. It sped off before I could get a plate.
11/ Same story with this car. The rear door was open. Odd. I took this picture and started jogging toward it. Off it went.
12/ This Model 3 very carefully scoped my house. There are no Tesla owners in my neighborhood. Trust me, this is something I’d know.
13/ This Chevy SUV scoped my house. Based on the plate (not shown here), it was a rental car.
14/ And on it goes. The moral of the story is this. Don’t mess with the powerful members of our society. It is a losing endeavor. My story is nothing compared to what Tripp, Balan, Hansen, and countless others have gone through, but I sure can sympathize.
15/ Our cultural rot runs deep. I personally don’t plan to give up. F... it. YOLO bro. I have the resources and the stubbornness to see this through. My time will come. Trust me.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:33:15 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 23, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »
Tesla suffering COMPLETE network outage — internal systems and connectivity features down. (SV) $TSLA

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 23, 2020, 12:39:09 PM »
Working fine here.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 01, 2020, 10:15:12 PM »
["-"]

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 01, 2020, 10:16:04 PM »
grieving both Dad and the Tesla
HY
["-"]

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 14, 2020, 05:09:03 PM »
Prime Day @Tesla? This $3k cut comes after another $3k cut a couple days ago.

Per Tech Crunch the aim is to beat Lucid's price, which was announced as $69,900 after a $7.5k U.S. tax credit earlier today.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1316454051693895680