Author Topic: El al flight arriving close to Shabbos - again  (Read 78479 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Re: El al flight arriving close to Shabbos - again
« Reply #420 on: November 25, 2018, 01:03:49 PM »
I don't think SQ is coming to TLV anytime soon, the rumor has been many times in the past. Many of SQ's staff are Malaysians and in their passport they have this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysian_passport#Israel - plus Malaysia won't allow SQ to overfly their airspace for TLV flights so guess how that will look like

Which is exactly why I said it is #Fake News, and the reasons you cite are what I've been saying in the SQ thread.

Anyone with a little bit of background information, as you have posted, would realize that this article is

at least 95% is a construct of the writer's imagination.

It was actually mentioned by me in this thread in order to emphasize and bring to light that fact.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:08:50 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #421 on: November 25, 2018, 01:07:42 PM »
Which is exactly why I said it is #Fake News, and the reasons you cite are what I've been saying in the SQ thread.

I didn't see that in the SQ thread, I know this already for years and I have asked the crew on SQ when I flew R about 6 years ago

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #422 on: November 25, 2018, 01:09:24 PM »
Was there not an instance where El Al blamed a delay on religious men for not sitting next to women when it turned out the delay was actually El Al's fault?

There was.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #423 on: November 25, 2018, 01:11:31 PM »
There was.

Yet, even though the facts came to light on that one, and IINM ELAL came clean on that one after the facts came out, that doesn't stop the Israeli antisemitic writers to cite that event as something to blame "Chareidim" for.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:16:39 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #424 on: November 25, 2018, 01:26:22 PM »
There was.
Link?

I tried searching DDMS and DDF. Alas, I am no @TimT

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 25, 2018, 02:05:45 PM »
And apparently it wasn't even his membership card but a luggage tag.
It was his actual FF card. I saw the picture. He's a Top Platinum which requires MUCH more flying than UA 1k requires.

Offline Tuna Baygel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 25, 2018, 02:37:42 PM »
What is the Masmid Program?
Not sure. We had a masmidim program in school where we learned at night. Maybe it's the adult version where they learn on planes.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 25, 2018, 02:40:57 PM »
It was his actual FF card. I saw the picture. He's a Top Platinum which requires MUCH more flying than UA 1k requires.
TP status (7k base miles) would require a minimum of 17.5 RT paid flights to NY in the most discounted business class, or at least 7 RT paid full fare flights in First class

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 25, 2018, 02:41:43 PM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 25, 2018, 02:42:35 PM »
TP status (7k base miles) would require a minimum of 17.5 RT paid flights to NY in the most discounted business class, or at least 7 RT paid full fare flights in First class
Someone should tell him about GS.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 25, 2018, 02:45:10 PM »
Not sure. We had a masmidim program in school where we learned at night. Maybe it's the adult version where they learn on planes.
When I was in 7th grade there was a Masmid Govoha program that was run out of Lakewood. They gave scratch off tickets for learning and usually most didn't win, but one week for some reason they all won.
I was supposed to win a couple hundred bucks IIRC and I was elated until they came back and said it was a mistake and didn't pay out any of it  ::)

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 25, 2018, 02:46:40 PM »
When I was in 7th grade there was a Masmid Govoha program that was run out of Lakewood. They gave scratch off tickets for learning and usually most didn't win, but one week for some reason they all won.
I was supposed to win a couple hundred bucks IIRC and I was elated until they came back and said it was a mistake and didn't pay out any of it  ::)

Sounds like it was run by some ELAL exec.

All jokes aside. I wish someone would actually shift the discussion to where it should be, about the faulty corporate DNA of ELAL. Not being able to distinguish assets from liabilities.

Once we're done with that, we can definitely fault those Shomrei Shabbos that boarded the flight without reciting "I am now boarding a flight that is scheduled to land approximately 3 hours before Shabbos. There are many things that are beyond anyone's control that can cause this flight to land in TLV much closer to sundown, or be diverted elsewhere. I am consciously aware of those facts and have decided to board this flight."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 02:51:13 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 25, 2018, 02:50:24 PM »
Might've been a branch of this. Did they revoke the prizes because the kids were making trouble?
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Online YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 25, 2018, 03:15:30 PM »

As a son-in-law of someone in the Satmar community who has paid for some of RSBS tickets:

1) He flies with what he gets from whoever pays for the ticket. He is not loyal to any airline.
2) He is a current 1K.
3) He hates Delta.
4) His favorite flights are the Motzai Shabbos from TLV, and the Thursday 4ish from Newark (United).
5) He's really mad about this. Though he knows as well as all that no boycott is coming, he is trying to turn this political. He's thoroughly pissed at Gafni for not showing up. Though I don't get what he was thinking - an MK can only really fly ELAL on taxpayer money!

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #436 on: November 25, 2018, 03:22:15 PM »
It was his actual FF card.
Actually looked like one of his TP luggage tags (with the hole on the right side)  ;D

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 25, 2018, 03:23:59 PM »

As a son-in-law of someone in the Satmar community who has paid for some of RSBS tickets:

1) He flies with what he gets from whoever pays for the ticket. He is not loyal to any airline.
2) He is a current 1K.
3) He hates Delta.
4) His favorite flights are the Motzai Shabbos from TLV, and the Thursday 4ish from Newark (United).
5) He's really mad about this. Though he knows as well as all that no boycott is coming, he is trying to turn this political. He's thoroughly pissed at Gafni for not showing up. Though I don't get what he was thinking - an MK can only really fly ELAL on taxpayer money!

1 & 2 are not surprising.
Why does he hate Delta?
#4 is not surprising. Though he might have to rethink, which might be part of why he's so upset.
#5 I am guessing that what makes him most mad in the this case was that he was misled and publicly made part of the problem.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 25, 2018, 03:24:50 PM »
Actually looked like one of his TP luggage tags (with the hole on the right side)  ;D
What difference does it make at this point?
-- Dan

Online YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 25, 2018, 03:30:26 PM »
1 & 2 are not surprising.
Why does he hate Delta?
#4 is not surprising. Though he might have to rethink, which might be part of why he's so upset.
#5 I am guessing that what makes him most mad in the this case was that he was misled and publicly made part of the problem.

He got pissed when "Delta upstairs" disappeared. IIRC they changed planes a couple of years ago.

They made him get on the mike to say all will be well, they turned off the screen when he pointed out it's landing an hour later than what they had him say. He's livid.