Author Topic: Blackberry Curve 8330 battery life  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Blackberry Curve 8330 battery life
« on: May 19, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »
Does anyone have any issues with the Blackberry Curve 8330 battery life? first few days my battery lasted 2 days plus. Since I added the data plan yesterday it drained like crazy. I charged it all last night and my phone is already dead with minimal useage.

I tried closing out some of the programs running in the backround, lets see if that will work.

Offline Chaim171

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Blackberry Curve 8330 battery life
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 05:20:04 PM »
Does anyone have any issues with the Blackberry Curve 8330 battery life? first few days my battery lasted 2 days plus. Since I added the data plan yesterday it drained like crazy. I charged it all last night and my phone is already dead with minimal useage.

I tried closing out some of the programs running in the backround, lets see if that will work.
I wanted to tell you to close all applications running in the background, but you already done that. Check your signal strength. If you're in a poor coverage area or in the building away from windows or in the basement your phone is using a lot more battery power to communicate with cell towers. Otherwise, you might have a problem phone or battery. You may try another battery to rule this out. If it is, I recommend an after market battery from Seidio.com. My 8320 with WiFi running, lasts me on average for two days +. And, that's on the slim version, not Extended.

Hope this helps,

Chaim.

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 06:56:57 PM »
Thanks, closing the applications made the difference. I think the main culprit was the sprint navigation software that I tried out but never fully closed it and it was running in the background trying to pick up my location while draining the battery in the process.

Offline Chaim171

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 07:10:35 PM »
Thanks, closing the applications made the difference. I think the main culprit was the sprint navigation software that I tried out but never fully closed it and it was running in the background trying to pick up my location while draining the battery in the process.
Oh yeah, navigation software is a hog, more so than media player. I'm glad it worked out for you. Also, if you ever wanted to know how strong your signal is do this: Press Alt. key on your BlackBerry and, while holding it, type "NMLL" without "Quotation Marks". Once you do it, instead of bars you will see numbers - the less is better, i.e. -63 is ideal, and -107 is when you could barely make or receive a call.
Let me know if this is useful.

Chaim.

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 02:39:02 AM »
Ya mine is also horrible.