Author Topic: Expedia Bundled Fares - Half off on Delta/AirFrance!  (Read 1062 times)

Offline adlerga

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Expedia Bundled Fares - Half off on Delta/AirFrance!
« on: November 20, 2018, 03:50:52 PM »
Interesting find last night.  Have been monitoring Atlanta - TLV flights with El Al running half of Delta/Air France/KLM ($957 vs almost $2,000). Last night checked Expedia - straight airfare was the same, but if bundled with a car rental (mine was $193 for two weeks - assume will get hit for additional insurance fees at the counter) the airfare dropped to $918 - over $2,000 savings for two tickets.  These tickets are for late January travel, but thought this might be an interesting option for others to consider.  I asked a Delta rep how this was possible, she indicated that Expedia buys bulk tickets and the airline does not know for what price they are re-sold.

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
Re: Expedia Bundled Fares - Half off on Delta/AirFrance!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »
Interesting find last night.  Have been monitoring Atlanta - TLV flights with El Al running half of Delta/Air France/KLM ($957 vs almost $2,000). Last night checked Expedia - straight airfare was the same, but if bundled with a car rental (mine was $193 for two weeks - assume will get hit for additional insurance fees at the counter) the airfare dropped to $918 - over $2,000 savings for two tickets.  These tickets are for late January travel, but thought this might be an interesting option for others to consider.  I asked a Delta rep how this was possible, she indicated that Expedia buys bulk tickets and the airline does not know for what price they are re-sold.
::)

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
Re: Expedia Bundled Fares - Half off on Delta/AirFrance!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 04:37:25 PM »
Dropr. Sounds like nonsense. They're not buying bulk on a random route in a random season. Possibly net fares or something else, but not bulk.