Topic Wiki

MYS (Mark Mann) -
Good: ckmk47, S209, ual902, Pointer, Newberry
Bad:
Pros: Many deals and usually the first to post them. Will do private pickup for $1000 worth of merchandise. Items shipped to DE are generally scanned into their system within 2 days or even same day when there are not a lot of deals. Varies by location, but you may be able to drop off merchandise or even go to a drop off location to pick up a check immediately whenever you want (if they are available). During peak buying seasons, they have held raffles for all buyers with many prizes including flights to Israel.
Cons: After requesting a check, they say it will take up to 9 business days (with only 4 business days per week) to receive an echeck or even more for a mailed check. They sometimes don't even send checks after 9 days and you need to create a ticket or contact Mark directly for payment. This can sometimes take 2-3 weeks from date of request. Filling out forms after every order is tedious.

Directly Deals -
Good: yelped, S209
Bad:

PointsMaker -
Good: JunkYardUnz, davidrotts63, MordyK, chinagel, shulem92, yelped, Redbull3, Keepsmiling123, BerB, avromie7, lindnuck, qwerty123
Bad:
Pros: Great customer service. Items usually scanned in same day. Checks also usually sent same or next day.
Cons: Not as many deals as MYS or USA.

YRCW Tech -
Good: afrages6, chayie, avrohomgelb, boruchmig
Bad:
Pros: excellent people running it.
Cons: Very few deals

I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

« Last edited by Newberry on June 03, 2019, 05:59:15 PM »

Author Topic: Buying Group Master Thread  (Read 121944 times)

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Buying Group Master Thread
« Reply #420 on: December 20, 2018, 03:48:04 PM »
The new one. The item dropped in price and they don't want it at $75 either

Bigger issue is that they are still not telling anyone anything waiting for drop off and then making a ruckus... At the very least inform people with as much info as you can....

Online grodnoking

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 20, 2018, 04:31:35 PM »
USA doing what USA does. #PS4CLASSIC
USA is a S*** Show. Forcing people to return an item and not honor their price
Please no bashing of groups here.
I'd like to keep this thread open.

I'm not who you think I am.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 20, 2018, 04:34:46 PM »
Please no bashing of groups here.
I'd like to keep this thread open.
Just post what they did without the language.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #423 on: December 20, 2018, 04:37:10 PM »

Just post what they did without the language.
Trying to get everyone to return PS4ís
Ridiculous IMO, than people bash the competition when they say you only have to up 10 days, it's still 10 days....
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 20, 2018, 04:40:25 PM »
So basically the deal was so lucrative originally at $99 that they were offering $3 per unit and then it was only lucrative at $75 but without passing off any commission, and now it is not even worth it at all for them??  ???

Online LoLo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 20, 2018, 04:51:27 PM »
Ridiculous IMO, than people bash the competition when they say you only have to up 10 days, it's still 10 days....
+1, one of the many reasons i never touched USA. Didn't like their general attitude to their buyers, which is pretty evident in their terms and communication.

The only issue I had with MYS (besides DE delays) is when the price of the item dropped and they updated their system to reflect the new price they paid + commission, and I had to ask them to manually change it to the original price.

Online davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 20, 2018, 04:52:24 PM »

The only issue I had with MYS (besides DE delays) is when the price of the item dropped and they updated their system to reflect the new price they paid + commission, and I had to ask them to manually change it to the original price.
There's no other way, maybe a PITA, but they need to

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 20, 2018, 05:48:22 PM »
To quote CM, but officer the other guy was speeding even faster than me. The existence of 'worse' groups does not absolve a 'better' group from criticism where warranted.

Online davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 20, 2018, 05:51:37 PM »
To quote CM, but officer the other guy was speeding even faster than me. The existence of 'worse' groups does not absolve a 'better' group from criticism where warranted.
This is the reason for it, you know how many people will be trying to dump this item on MYS of they didn't have the policy? That would be a $25+ dollar loss for them per piece for something they never to responsibly for them.
And trust me plenty of people will be trying to dump them on them even with the policy.

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 20, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »
I think this current PS classic saga is an indicator of the overall attitude the buying groups have towards buyers. Today its the PS Classic, next week it will be something else. What will happen if the groups start buying the 128GB ipad again at 349.99? are they gunna want proof of purchase that it wasn't bought at $329, cuz chas v'shalem buyers should make $10? The bottom line is they treat buyers like garbage. Most of their "Commission Match" policies are BS, especially when the driver/guy at drop off doesn't have the ability to put in correct commission.

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2018, 08:20:56 PM »
I think this current PS classic saga is an indicator of the overall attitude the buying groups have towards buyers. Today its the PS Classic, next week it will be something else. What will happen if the groups start buying the 128GB ipad again at 349.99? are they gunna want proof of purchase that it wasn't bought at $329, cuz chas v'shalem buyers should make $10? The bottom line is they treat buyers like garbage. Most of their "Commission Match" policies are BS, especially when the driver/guy at drop off doesn't have the ability to put in correct commission.

So don't buy.....  ???
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 20, 2018, 08:24:37 PM »
+1

Love how during the mint deal they got all upset when people backed out of they commitment.
Buyers were losing 100's of dollars in commission.
It's a two way street.
Life is as good as you make it...

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2018, 08:34:05 PM »
This is the reason for it, you know how many people will be trying to dump this item on MYS of they didn't have the policy? That would be a $25+ dollar loss for them per piece for something they never to responsibly for them.
And trust me plenty of people will be trying to dump them on them even with the policy.
TBH, I didn't read your post closely enough, I thought you were referring to the processing/payment delays upthread. Rereading, I see you were clearly talking about the 10 day policy, and while the specifics can get murky, I agree that MYS has no choice but to protect themselves here.

Online LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2018, 08:53:36 PM »
IME with MYS, they changed the price to 349 without asking for proof.

And the guy at drop-off has to ability to put in whatever commission he wants.

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 20, 2018, 08:53:56 PM »
+1

Love how during the mint deal they got all upset when people backed out of they commitment.
Buyers were losing 100's of dollars in commission.
It's a two way street.
No. It's a one way street.
Buying groups milking buyers as hard as they can.