Bad:

USA -
Good: S209
Bad: #PS4GATE, @medster

Directly Deals -
Good: yelped, S209
Bad:

PointsMaker -
Good: JunkYardUnz, davidrotts63, MordyK, chinagel, shulem92, yelped, Redbull3, Keepsmiling123, BerB, avromie7
Bad:

YRCW Tech -
Good: afrages6, chayie, avrohomgelb
Bad:

I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

Author Topic: Buying Group Master Thread  (Read 56732 times)

Offline ben100

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Buying Group Master Thread
« Reply #1410 on: February 11, 2019, 03:29:56 PM »
got it. i just find it weird that the first set of 30 seemed to go thru. I hope they dont pull back the orders. Anyone have that experience?

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #1411 on: February 11, 2019, 03:50:09 PM »
Just got this from MYS, item on amazon says it was delivered on December 28 (pretty much AFTER the crazy BF/CM period)

ďWe unfortunately have not be able to find it by the neighbors either, please reach out to the seller and let them know you have still not received it.Ē

Would amazon let me claim that so long after?

I contacted amazon, they said to call back 3 business days later, I did and they told me that I need to get a police report. I messaged MYS about it on Thursday and didnít get any response, then out of the blue I get a receipt for the items! (The ticket isnít updated and still says active so it doesnít look like itís because of that rather they just randomly found it) only issue is that prices now are lower than a month ago so I got $40 less then what I spent. I emailed them back and hopefully will get it soon

Online LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 11, 2019, 04:02:37 PM »
IME they always corrected the price.

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #1413 on: February 11, 2019, 04:10:27 PM »
IME they always corrected the price.

Mine too. Iím not really worried as I spent almost 100k and this is the only major issue I had

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 11, 2019, 04:27:35 PM »
How much time does everyone spend per Day/ Week on Buying for Buying Groups.
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Online LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 11, 2019, 04:32:27 PM »
Would depend on the deals etc. Prime day i spent more time than the past 2-3 weeks combined.

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 11, 2019, 04:47:40 PM »
I contacted amazon, they said to call back 3 business days later, I did and they told me that I need to get a police report. I messaged MYS about it on Thursday and didnít get any response, then out of the blue I get a receipt for the items! (The ticket isnít updated and still says active so it doesnít look like itís because of that rather they just randomly found it) only issue is that prices now are lower than a month ago so I got $40 less then what I spent. I emailed them back and hopefully will get it soon

Finally adjusted the price bh.

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 11, 2019, 05:54:21 PM »
Can you please explain what exactly needs to be processed? A person can only request a check equal to the balance in their account. Isn't the amount being verified as you scan it in? If so, why the need for (sometimes 10 - 15 days) processing of checks if the request could not have exceeded the account balance. Unless the process involves verifying your bank accounts to ensure there is money to pay.
BUMP

Online Miami

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 11, 2019, 08:32:57 PM »
Can you please explain what exactly needs to be processed? A person can only request a check equal to the balance in their account. Isn't the amount being verified as you scan it in? If so, why the need for (sometimes 10 - 15 days) processing of checks if the request could not have exceeded the account balance. Unless the process involves verifying your bank accounts to ensure there is money to pay.

Just like how @tmendy226 had an item scanned in at a price that was too low (which was fixed) if the price drops and they don't update the system before an item gets scanned in they would end up overpaying. From what I have been told for every check request they verify that the numbers add up and they are not overpaying on anything. This takes time. When people request a new check for every echo dot that gets scanned in all that are doing is clogging the system and wasting time. If instead people would only request once every week or 2, or get a check for their full balance when dropping off I'm sure things would go faster

Online 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 11, 2019, 08:52:52 PM »
Just like how @tmendy226 had an item scanned in at a price that was too low (which was fixed) if the price drops and they don't update the system before an item gets scanned in they would end up overpaying. From what I have been told for every check request they verify that the numbers add up and they are not overpaying on anything. This takes time. When people request a new check for every echo dot that gets scanned in all that are doing is clogging the system and wasting time. If instead people would only request once every week or 2, or get a check for their full balance when dropping off I'm sure things would go faster

yea. they are spending time verifying that they are not overpaying for every $50 set of echos that come in... Not buying it

Online 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 11, 2019, 08:54:21 PM »
If they started paying on time and understood that this business is not meant to be a float of our CCs they would get single check requests.

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 11, 2019, 08:57:48 PM »
If they started paying on time and understood that this business is not meant to be a float of our CCs they would get single check requests.

Maybe part of the business model is to use the float on the cc....

Offline Menachem613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 11, 2019, 09:19:38 PM »
Maybe part of the business model is to use the float on the cc....

You think?

Offline Don Will

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 11, 2019, 09:30:00 PM »
Not sure if you order for MYS but things are literally within hours or next day these days
Does not help that everything is being scanned in within a day but im still waiting for a check for 11+ days

Offline Menachem613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:34 PM »
Does not help that everything is being scanned in within a day but im still waiting for a check for 11+ days

Itís part of their business model.