Bad:

USA -
Good: S209
Bad: #PS4GATE, @medster

Directly Deals -
Good: yelped, S209
Bad:

PointsMaker -
Good: JunkYardUnz, davidrotts63, MordyK, chinagel, shulem92, yelped, Redbull3, Keepsmiling123, BerB, avromie7
Bad:

YRCW Tech -
Good: afrages6, chayie, avrohomgelb
Bad:

I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

Author Topic: Buying Group Master Thread  (Read 54737 times)

Offline Boruch Parnes

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Buying Group Master Thread
« Reply #1485 on: February 14, 2019, 05:06:03 AM »
@Markmann20 The reason why people req in small amounts is because it takes so long for the Echeck to come
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:44:55 AM by Boruch Parnes »

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
« Reply #1486 on: February 14, 2019, 06:36:02 AM »
If you don't know what you are doing. Don't bother joining. If you still want to join do you own research.
when you first learned about buying groups did you know what you were doing??

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: February 14, 2019, 07:38:13 AM »
Do to the fact that people are requesting multiple checks in small increments like crazy it caused a delay in the check processing time and it’s something that people are still doing and each has to go thru a process which because of what there doing is causing delays imagine one buyer just requesting a check every time his balance hits $100 so we were actually thinking of putting a limit to how many checks a person can request but we were advised from many buyers not to
@Markmann20 what do you expect?

Nobody is OCD but if it's going to take 2 weeks for Payment, then of course I'm going to request a check every day.
@Markmann20 The reason why people req in small amounts is because it takes so long for the Echeck to come
+1000
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:46:05 AM by a good yeshiva bachur »

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 14, 2019, 07:40:22 AM »
Yes
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 14, 2019, 08:34:14 AM »
This is the buying group thread. If anywhere is a place to do research and learn it should be here.
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 14, 2019, 08:43:43 AM »
Yes. I knew exactly what I was getting into. Spoke to people I know who are involved in these things. I knew a the pros and cons - especially when items gets lost/damaged/stolen - and then all your potential earnings disappear. Most of these groups sound like angels, buy for us and we pay you back... In reality if you don't keep track and are on top of your orders in a consistent manner then you will most likely end up losing money or even more valuable, your time.

If someone is asking which groups are good they should start reading from the beginning of the thread. Read about mys late payment, usa's fiasco and the PlayStation scandal. For a regular person to get involved without having guidance will just be huge waste of time unless you have a "business" plan of your own so this won't take up every free moment of your day. /EndRant

Regardless. Everyone should have a hazlozhodik day and do out best to be involved in Torah and Mizvos as that's why we have been created. Have a good day! Lchaim

Offline bznt

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 14, 2019, 08:49:18 AM »
Yes. I knew exactly what I was getting into. Spoke to people I know who are involved in these things. I knew a the pros and cons - especially when items gets lost/damaged/stolen - and then all your potential earnings disappear. Most of these groups sound like angels, buy for us and we pay you back... In reality if you don't keep track and are on top of your orders in a consistent manner then you will most likely end up losing money or even more valuable, your time.

If someone is asking which groups are good they should start reading from the beginning of the thread. Read about mys late payment, usa's fiasco and the PlayStation scandal. For a regular person to get involved without having guidance will just be huge waste of time unless you have a "business" plan of your own so this won't take up every free moment of your day. /EndRant

Regardless. Everyone should have a hazlozhodik day and do out best to be involved in Torah and Mizvos as that's why we have been created. Have a good day! Lchaim
Nice.
How about instead of answering “ do your own research “ do a mitzva and answer what your experience was/is. Or if you don’t want to answer just don’t reply at all. If you waisted your “valuable time “ to reply, why not make it productive and have a great mitzva of helping another person.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
« Reply #1492 on: February 14, 2019, 08:55:10 AM »

well if they start slow and learn as you do they will be able to learn the ins and outs just as you did

Offline Essen est zich

• View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 14, 2019, 08:56:40 AM »
Nice.
How about instead of answering “ do your own research “ do a mitzva and answer what your experience was/is. Or if you don’t want to answer just don’t reply at all. If you waisted your “valuable time “ to reply, why not make it productive and have a great mitzva of helping another person.
You are right about that but when it comes to risk situations and we can all agree that buying groups are risky and not perfect. There should be enough information on the thread already. But those people who I have helped and something went wrong who do you think they would go to first, the one who helped them or the buying group? Practically when It comes to risk I tell my friends to learn everything they can about what they're involved in and then come back to me.

The real mitzvah would be to tell them (obviously depending on who they are) to not get involved. I have seen to many people thatbare trying to figure out how to start with these groups but most don't understand the risk and headache that MAY exist.

Offline Essen est zich

• View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 14, 2019, 08:57:17 AM »
well if they start slow and learn as you do they will be able to learn the ins and outs just as you did
Not everyone has a "head" for it.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 14, 2019, 09:11:49 AM »
Not everyone has a "head" for it.
so you stopped buying for buying groups?

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 14, 2019, 09:24:40 AM »
It’s interesting that everyone is taking the all or nothing approach.
I dont ship to DE but I ship to myself and then hand in for a check.
This saves 99% of the headaches and delayed payments.
Yes, I understand that checks can bounce, but IMO there’s a pretty small risk that the big BG will go under between the times I drop off and deposit the checks.
Selling New Bugaboos starting at $579, PM me

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 14, 2019, 09:39:34 AM »
Yes, I understand that checks can bounce, but IMO there’s a pretty small risk that the big BG will go under between the times I drop off and deposit the checks.

Thats what people said about theplasticmerchant

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1498 on: February 14, 2019, 10:26:35 AM »
Nice.
So let's get this straight. You are not ready to read through this thread yet expect him to write up a summary for you?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Online chinagel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: February 14, 2019, 10:29:37 AM »
So you don't buy amazon?