Topic Wiki

MYS (Mark Mann) -
Good: ckmk47, S209, ual902, Pointer, Newberry
Bad:
Pros: Many deals and usually the first to post them. Will do private pickup for $1000 worth of merchandise. Items shipped to DE are generally scanned into their system within 2 days or even same day when there are not a lot of deals. Varies by location, but you may be able to drop off merchandise or even go to a drop off location to pick up a check immediately whenever you want (if they are available). During peak buying seasons, they have held raffles for all buyers with many prizes including flights to Israel.
Cons: After requesting a check, they say it will take up to 9 business days (with only 4 business days per week) to receive an echeck or even more for a mailed check. They sometimes don't even send checks after 9 days and you need to create a ticket or contact Mark directly for payment. This can sometimes take 2-3 weeks from date of request. Filling out forms after every order is tedious.

Directly Deals -
Good: yelped, S209
Bad:

PointsMaker -
Good: JunkYardUnz, davidrotts63, MordyK, chinagel, shulem92, yelped, Redbull3, Keepsmiling123, BerB, avromie7, lindnuck, qwerty123
Bad:
Pros: Great customer service. Items usually scanned in same day. Checks also usually sent same or next day.
Cons: Not as many deals as MYS or USA.

YRCW Tech -
Good: afrages6, chayie, avrohomgelb, boruchmig
Bad:
Pros: excellent people running it.
Cons: Very few deals

I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

« Last edited by Newberry on June 03, 2019, 05:59:15 PM »

Author Topic: Buying Group Master Thread  (Read 117059 times)

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Buying Group Master Thread
« Reply #1905 on: March 25, 2019, 09:43:22 AM »
Didn't see the item, but could sometimes still be worth it for say, the 8% amazon devices...
I wouldn't touch it even then, in principal.
I've seen worse: where they factor in the $15 off 30 one time use as well

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #1906 on: March 25, 2019, 10:19:45 AM »
Didn't see the item, but could sometimes still be worth it for say, the 8% amazon devices...
I wouldn't touch it even then, in principal.
I've seen worse: where they factor in the $15 off 30 one time use as well
it's not the money it's the principle- but if not for the money I wouldn't care about the principle
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 25, 2019, 10:57:45 AM »
Get used to the new pricing structure. It might not be worth the hassle to you to make a few bucks an hour, but as long as there are enough people out there who donít value their time more than that, thatís where prices will go. Thereís a reason n that camps can pay counselors close to zero for the summer. Wonít go for it on principle? There are other guys waiting to take your place...

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 25, 2019, 11:12:53 AM »
Get used to the new pricing structure. It might not be worth the hassle to you to make a few bucks an hour, but as long as there are enough people out there who donít value their time more than that, thatís where prices will go. Thereís a reason n that camps can pay counselors close to zero for the summer. Wonít go for it on principle? There are other guys waiting to take your place...
Explaining the immoral does not change the fact that it's immoral.

Online BerB

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: March 25, 2019, 11:23:19 AM »
Why is this immoral?

Online mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 25, 2019, 11:25:51 AM »
So you do the deals that are worth it for you and skip the ones that aren't. I don't see the problem with them offering a deal like this if it's the only way for them to make it make sense for them. If every deal becomes below cost than I'll agree but for now it isn't like that so let's stop crying wolf. Remember, nobody is in this for anyone other than themselves, everyone along the chain wants to maximize their profits, if they can, they will, it's their business. When it gets to the point that nobody wants to buy anymore then they'll raise commissions but they have no moral or monetary obligation to pay you anything.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 25, 2019, 11:26:27 AM »
Why is this immoral?
Late stage capitalism.
Quote from: ExGingi
[Stating things eloquently] seems to be Yehuda57's job around here :)

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1912 on: March 25, 2019, 11:51:09 AM »
Thereís a reason n that camps can pay counselors close to zero for the summer.
I can think of 3.
Room, board, and trips.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1913 on: March 25, 2019, 11:51:26 AM »
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 25, 2019, 11:59:11 AM »
I can think of 3.
Room, board, and trips.

FTFY

room, board, and tips
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline boruchmig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 25, 2019, 11:59:58 AM »
Sometime this group sounds like a bunch of AOCs, if you dont like the deal then dont do it. Obviously for some it is worth it. There are even groups, that consistently pay under cost, and they are just for ms.
And to all you entrepreneurs out there, thinking of starting a buying group, now might be the right time. It seems like you have a lot of guys upset about the current buying groups, and are looking for something better. Unless you call all these unhappy campers kvetches.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 25, 2019, 01:48:26 PM »

Yeah, whatís with all these stores charging fees to buy the $500 GC and then another fee for the MO. I want to rack up points and then liquidate and you squeeze me every step of the way? Totally immoral!

Offline Muhammad

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 25, 2019, 02:03:49 PM »
Yeah, whatís with all these stores charging fees to buy the $500 GC and then another fee for the MO. I want to rack up points and then liquidate and you squeeze me every step of the way? Totally immoral!
::)

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 25, 2019, 03:26:55 PM »
So basically someone will sit there swiping his credit card for a $7.45 profit and no miles nor spend threshold being met, can't cash in amazon GC, and need to buy, request check, wait for check, print e-check, deposit echeck and then pay cc bill.
 So after all this, factor it in if it's worth it? Or maybe a real job pays better?
 Not saying I wouldn't do this with 15 amazon accounts which might pay off. But there's what to factor in when they start to reduce the price of the payment to below the actual cost of the product and force you to buy with one credit card(not force, but being that no other card offers 5x on amazon, yes Office supplies and buy amazon and use...)
 That being said you decide if it's worth it!
You forgot to mention fill out forms...

Online mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 25, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »
Here is a plan to boost commissions, its called "commission manipulating", in order for it to work we need everyone in on it.  Next good deal that all groups send out we dont buy. When the groups ask why didn't you buy that deal, we say tell them we've been giving thes tuff to a new group that offers commission. That will bring back the days of Usa vs Mys commision bidding.
Do you realize how many thousands of people buy for these groups?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy