Author Topic: ALERT for passengers flying Alitalia with infants Pesach season  (Read 1374 times)

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
ALERT for passengers flying Alitalia with infants Pesach season
« on: November 20, 2018, 07:02:30 PM »
As many here know, Alitalia limits the amount of infants allowed on every flight. The main issue occurs during the Yomim Tovim season when many families are traveling with infants. I noticed that some of the flights for the high season (Pesach) have already reached the limit!!
Before confirming any flight on Alitalia with an infant, make sure to ask your travel agent to confirm that the baby is confirmed on all segments (TA should see KK for INFT request - otherwise they will be denied boarding even if the ticket is paid for).

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: ALERT for passengers flying Alitalia with infants Pesach season
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 07:04:39 PM »
This should go onto DDMS

Offline Aerial Dag

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 07:07:40 PM »
As many here know, Alitalia limits the amount of infants allowed on every flight. The main issue occurs during the Yomim Tovim season when many families are traveling with infants. I noticed that some of the flights for the high season (Pesach) have already reached the limit!!
Before confirming any flight on Alitalia with an infant, make sure to ask your travel agent to confirm that the baby is confirmed on all segments (TA should see KK for INFT request - otherwise they will be denied boarding even if the ticket is paid for).
wait are you saying that if you buy a separate seat for an infant they may still deny you boarding because of an infant limit?

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 07:08:59 PM »
This should go onto DDMS
Alitalia cheap fares are generally only originating in TLV, which is a relatively small percentage of the DDMS readership. But I guess @Dan can decide...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 07:09:50 PM »
wait are you saying that if you buy a separate seat for an infant they may still deny you boarding because of an infant limit?
Children under 2 years (24 months), may not occupy their own seat. Lap children can only be held by passengers who are at least 18 years of age or the infant's legal guardian.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 07:10:45 PM »
Children under 2 years (24 months), may not occupy their own seat.

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 07:13:20 PM »
I've gotten conflicting answers on that from different phone reps. It depends on which version of the reason they have for this rediculous rule.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 07:14:53 PM »
I think they mean without a child safety seat.

If you wish to book a seat for your child, you can bring your child safety seat (CRS — Child Restraint System) on board, as long as:
It fits in between the arm rests of the airplane seat (42 cm/16.5 in)
You can install it on board yourself, in compliance with the manufacturer's instructions (forward or backward facing)
It can be kept in place with the seat belt (child safety seats that are made up of two parts, need three attachment points or are kept in place with a metal bar may not be used)
It is not defective and bears a visible EU seal of approval or a seal of approval from another recognized official authority

You can book a seat for your child only on some flights and up to 48 hours before the flight departure. Please contact Special Assistance and see Conditions For Clearance For Flights to and from the U.S.A

Approved seals of approval include:
UN ECE Standard R44-03 and 44-04
United States labeling US FMVSS no. 213*
Canadian labeling CMVSS 213/213.1
German labeling TUV/958-01/2001
Seats approved for use in cars and tested in accordance with standards equivalent to those listed above by the Canadian transport authorities, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Joint Civil Aviation Authority (JAA)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 07:59:33 PM »
Alitalia cheap fares are generally only originating in TLV, which is a relatively small percentage of the DDMS readership. But I guess @Dan can decide...
I remember seeing this multiple times discussed on DDFB (and of course here). Not specifically in regards to Pesach, just issues with Alitalia and infants. It can be a general PSA.

Or not, he’s the boss :)