Author Topic: Airbnb won't allow me to advertise because I'm Jewish  (Read 3420 times)

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Airbnb won't allow me to advertise because I'm Jewish
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2018, 08:50:42 AM »
Are they referring to all settlements as "Israeli settlements". Are they not considering "Palestinian settlements" as settlements. I have no idea.

Maybe they are ill-informed as I am. I thought there was only Israeli settlements.   
How is staying in Kiryat Arba where apartments were delisted different than visiting Bethlehem? The apartments in Bethlehem are Arabs.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Bethlehem-Palestine-B&B--Bethlehem/homes?refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2Fhomes&query=Bethlehem%20Palestine%20B%26B%2C%20Bethlehem&checkin=2018-12-11&checkout=2018-12-14&adults=2&children=0&infants=0&guests=2&place_id=ChIJOTAYlmTYAhUR01_mHV9i76Q&toddlers=0&allow_override%5B%5D=&s_tag=R9gsSI0p

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2018, 08:55:51 AM »
How is staying in Kiryat Arba where apartments were delisted different than visiting Bethlehem? The apartments in Bethlehem are Arabs.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Bethlehem-Palestine-B&B--Bethlehem/homes?refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2Fhomes&query=Bethlehem%20Palestine%20B%26B%2C%20Bethlehem&checkin=2018-12-11&checkout=2018-12-14&adults=2&children=0&infants=0&guests=2&place_id=ChIJOTAYlmTYAhUR01_mHV9i76Q&toddlers=0&allow_override%5B%5D=&s_tag=R9gsSI0p
You need to ask them.
1 - Recognize that each situation is unique and requires a case-by-case approach.
2 - Consult with a range of experts and our community of stakeholders.
3 - Assess any potential safety risks for our hosts and guests.
4 - Evaluate whether the existence of listings is contributing to existing human suffering.
5 - Determine whether the existence of listings in the occupied territory has a direct connection to the larger dispute in the region.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2018, 09:14:13 AM »
OP posted a link

Not only did AirBNB specifically target “Israeli settlements,” according to Professor Eugene Kontorovich of George Mason Law, they’ve announced that they will only disallow listings in Israeli settlements when those listings are owned by Jews. In other words, if a Jew owns an apartment in East Jerusalem, that won’t be allowed for listing; if an Arab owns an apartment in the same neighborhood, it’s fine for listing.

My question for Ben Shapiro is who the heck is Eugene Kontorovich and why should we listen to him over AirBnB's own press release which says nothing about religion?

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile