Topic Wiki

Opening a card typically entails a credit check, also known as a hard pull, which can lower your score by a couple points. To mitigate the effects of opening a card for a signup bonus, apply for cards via the “2bm/3bm method”. This means using 2 or 3 web browsers -like IE, Chrome, and Firefox- to apply for 2 or 3 different cards from the same bank, as close to each other as possible. Fill out the application form on all 3 browsers and then hit submit on all of them within a few seconds. This way you can get 2 or 3 cards with just 1 credit pull. There’s no guarantee you’ll get accepted to all 3, but this increases the odds of getting multiple cards. Applying for 2/3/4 cards in the same day will also usually cause only 1 pull, though the likelihood of getting instant approval for all cards is lowered.

An “AOR” or app-o-rama is the process of using multiple 2/3bms from multiple banks as quickly as possible, in order to get approved for more cards from more banks while reducing the likelihood that each bank sees the other pulls, which can negatively impact approval chances.

Dan's posts on 2/3/4BM can be seen here, and here.

FAQ:
Q: If I apply for business and consumer cards in the same 3bm will it still only cause one pull? What about mixing credit and charge cards?

A: If you're doing a 3bm with Chase, mixing business and consumer cards will usually cause 2 pulls, but there have been recent reports of only getting one. Though with AMEX, one can mix them together with no worry. In regards to mixing credit and charge cards, it does NOT make a difference, and your credit will only be pulled once.

Q: CV:Is it still possible to get approved for 3 Chase cards within 30 days?

A: Yes, it is still possible, even if your experience says otherwise.
« Last edited by HDS on February 05, 2014, 12:21:54 PM »

Author Topic: 2/3/4BM Master Thread  (Read 378111 times)

Offline LAXtraveler

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
2/3/4BM Master Thread
« on: August 31, 2011, 12:24:44 PM »
I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a Chase 3BM today since I have a CO OPP 50k invitation expiring today and I would also add in a couple other new Chase cards to the mix. My problem is that I am planning on getting a new car within the next 1-2 months and also just got a new car not that long ago.

Any thoughts on whether it is worth the pull(s) or not?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:21:41 AM by Dan »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Re: 3BM and Car Loans
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 12:40:56 PM »
I did a 3BM a month before a car loan.  No problems.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 01:19:21 PM »
I did a 3BM a month before a car loan.  No problems.

Right, but I also just got a car loan less than a month ago also.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 04:12:59 PM »
Right, but I also just got a car loan less than a month ago also.
that might be more positive than negative. if you have a bunch of cards (revolving) it helps variety to have some installment loans (such as car loan)

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
first time 3bm
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 06:36:10 PM »
a fellow bochur and I just did our initial 3bm's with SWA Premier, SWA Plus and Hyatt from the same IP address and things went a bissel haywire.  We both had 2 app's go through and they told us we'd receive a decision by mail, the third got messed up so we hurried to fill it out and send it again and then we received our 3rd decision by mail.  Any reason to be concerned that we'll get 2 credit hits instead of one or not be approved?  Both of our credits should have been fine before this.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: first time 3bm
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »
Even in a perfectly executed 3BM, there is a possibility you'll get more than one pull. Wait and see.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: first time 3bm
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 07:10:32 PM »
Even in a perfectly executed 3BM, there is a possibility you'll get more than one pull. Wait and see.
+1 i've had some seriously bad luck with my perfectly executed  3bm's almost all of them had 2 hits and once even 3 (and i do my biz aps and personal 3bm's separately)

Offline DavidM

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Credit Score before and after 3bm
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »
Hi,
I am considering doing a 3bm and posting my credit scores before and after in this forum (for people, including me, to see what happens).  Since  I am pretty new at this, I am looking for some guidance as to what is involved (which credit bureau or webiste to use, a maybe specific cards to do it with if that would make a difference.)

Thanks

Offline DavidM

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Does the 3bm work for the same exact card
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »
For example, doing a 3bm on the chase saphire preferred all having the same exact info.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Does the 3bm work for the same exact card
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 05:16:52 PM »
  NO!

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Does the 3bm work for the same exact card
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »
For example, doing a 3bm on the chase saphire preferred all having the same exact info.

People (rarley) have had luck with that but in other cases it red flagged and decreaced the chances of instant approval for either of the three until you call in and say that you hitted submit by error.

in any case, good luck and don't forget to capture your AppIDs right after submitting.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 74
    • View Profile
PGF24BMGS

Offline steeeveknowsbest

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Is Chase catching on to 3BM?
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 12:21:00 AM »
So last week i did a 3bm for chase (ink bold, freedom, and Co) I got three denials for to many recent requests. I check IdentityMonitor and only one pull.

No prob, I call up and get the Co op+ pushed through. Now i call again about the freedom and i'm told that they can only consider it if i give them the go ahead to make a hard pull.
So i tell them that according to Exp. they already did!

The Csr claims that they denied it before pulling so they never did one...
So i hang up and call back, i get another guy who tells me the same thing.

If they do this than chase can effectively cause one pull per app unless you are instantly approved.
Is this a fluke?  (yes i know YMMV, but is there any precedent?)

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Is Chase catching on to 3BM?
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 12:33:29 AM »
I would subsequently dispute such a pull.

Offline AJK

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Is Chase catching on to 3BM?
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 12:36:13 AM »
Easier said than done, IME.

At least with Exp, it cannot be done online.

Do you know how to do it?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper