Topic Wiki

Opening a card typically entails a credit check, also known as a hard pull, which can lower your score by a couple points. To mitigate the effects of opening a card for a signup bonus, apply for cards via the “2bm/3bm method”. This means using 2 or 3 web browsers -like IE, Chrome, and Firefox- to apply for 2 or 3 different cards from the same bank, as close to each other as possible. Fill out the application form on all 3 browsers and then hit submit on all of them within a few seconds. This way you can get 2 or 3 cards with just 1 credit pull. There’s no guarantee you’ll get accepted to all 3, but this increases the odds of getting multiple cards. Applying for 2/3/4 cards in the same day will also usually cause only 1 pull, though the likelihood of getting instant approval for all cards is lowered.

An “AOR” or app-o-rama is the process of using multiple 2/3bms from multiple banks as quickly as possible, in order to get approved for more cards from more banks while reducing the likelihood that each bank sees the other pulls, which can negatively impact approval chances.

Dan's posts on 2/3/4BM can be seen here, and here.

FAQ:
Q: If I apply for business and consumer cards in the same 3bm will it still only cause one pull? What about mixing credit and charge cards?

A: If you're doing a 3bm with Chase, mixing business and consumer cards will usually cause 2 pulls, but there have been recent reports of only getting one. Though with AMEX, one can mix them together with no worry. In regards to mixing credit and charge cards, it does NOT make a difference, and your credit will only be pulled once.

Q: CV:Is it still possible to get approved for 3 Chase cards within 30 days?

A: Yes, it is still possible, even if your experience says otherwise.
« Last edited by HDS on February 05, 2014, 12:21:54 PM »

Author Topic: 2/3/4BM Master Thread  (Read 404338 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: 2/3/4BM Master Thread
« Reply #2160 on: October 06, 2013, 09:24:28 AM »
Just did a 3BM for ba, united explorer and united club the ba got instant approval, but both united hoy denied. HUCAed and the said the I have to much credit with them mainly my ink bold with a 20k CL. Tried to move SP CL they said stil not enough. I must have called at least 10-15 times no go. Is the only option for me to get another credit card from chase is to cancel my ink bold or do I have other options. My credit card line up is freedom-$1500, SP- $5000, BA(new)-$2000, ink plus-$5000, ink bold-about $20000. Thanx in advance.

Have you tried SM?

Offline Racer7400

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: October 06, 2013, 11:56:39 AM »

Have you tried SM?
no I will try it today. Thanx.

Offline ice man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: October 06, 2013, 02:55:44 PM »
no I will try it today. Thanx.
Any luck?

Offline avremie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: October 06, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »
should i apply for a sapphire or southwest? (dont want to do2)

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #2164 on: October 06, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »
should i apply for a sapphire or southwest? (dont want to do2)
I'd say SP.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: October 06, 2013, 10:48:44 PM »
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: October 06, 2013, 11:00:37 PM »
SP and the Shouthwest are 2 different products. Are you looking for a companion pass go for the SW, are you looking to earn UR or for a good every day spending card go fo SP.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: October 06, 2013, 11:25:13 PM »
When you're going for recon afterwards, is there a reason why you wouldn't want to offer the rep to close a card and transfer the credit limit? Let's assume 3 things: you already got the signup bonus points on the card, it has an AF starting soon, and it's a card that only gives you good points when you spend on flights, like BA and SW.

Online Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: October 07, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »
When you're going for recon afterwards, is there a reason why you wouldn't want to offer the rep to close a card and transfer the credit limit? Let's assume 3 things: you already got the signup bonus points on the card, it has an AF starting soon, and it's a card that only gives you good points when you spend on flights, like BA and SW.

If it's an old account, average age of account (contributor to credit score) will take a hit by closing it. Reverse is true though too - you can help yourself by closing recent accounts. That's all I can think of.

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: October 07, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »
If it's an old account, average age of account (contributor to credit score) will take a hit by closing it. Reverse is true though too - you can help yourself by closing recent accounts. That's all I can think of.

Right, so should actually be beneficial to offer to close (and get a new card approved) a recent account once the miles post.

Offline ayman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Simplify Shopping
« Reply #2170 on: October 07, 2013, 08:26:38 PM »
Don't the banks notice if you keep opening and then shortly afterward closing new accts? Thought I read a couple reports about that here from Chase.
Buy discounted gift cards from me.
www.simplifyshopping.com

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: October 07, 2013, 10:15:04 PM »
If I applied for the SPG personal and SPG Business in a 2bm, but when I submitted for the Business SPG the page wasn't loading properly, so I hit submit again. I ended up getting two different SPG Business cards (besides the SPG Personal)!
Will I get the bonus for both Business cards? (Spending 5k isn't easy for me).
Thanks.

Ok, got the initial 10k points on both cards so far.
How likely that the 5k spending will get me the the 20k points on both cards?

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: October 08, 2013, 03:20:49 PM »
Ok, got the initial 10k points on both cards so far.
How likely that the 5k spending will get me the the 20k points on both cards?
According to Dan, the 20k is easier to get than the initial 10k.

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: October 08, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »
Don't the banks notice if you keep opening and then shortly afterward closing new accts? Thought I read a couple reports about that here from Chase.
Preferably you shouldn't close an account within 3 months and wait at least a month before reopening.

Offline sayhey

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: October 10, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »
I did a Chase personal 3BM (SP, Freedom & BA) and an AMEX personal 3BM (SPG, PRG & Delta Gold) on April 12, 2013 and was approved for all 6 cards (after several HUCAs).   These were my first 3BMs.

After waiting 90+ days, on July 17, 2013 I did a Chase business (sole proprietorship) 3BM (IB, IP & UMPE) and an AMEX Business (sole proprietorship) 2BM (BRG & SPG Business).  Although I was instantly approved for both AMEX business cards, I was only approved for the IB from Chase (with a $10K limit).  Chase Recon would not approve me for the IP or UMPE despite numerous HUCAs (and the charge vs. credit, primary CDW, etc. shpiel).  They basically said the business was too new (a start-up consulting business), the $10k under the IB was enough for me and that they wanted to see how I did with the IB first.  Over the course of numerous HUCAs, the recon reps also said that I had already had 4 Chase cards opened within the year (the 3 personal in April plus the IB) and they would not approve me for any more cards.  They also said that I had too many applications for credit recently (all I had were the 2 pulls in April and the 2 pulls in July) which they said was a risk indication to them.

When would it be safe to do another Chase 2 or 3BM (I would like to get an IP as well as a UMPE (either personal or business))?  Can I do it later this month (which would be 90+ days) or do I need to wait until the beginning of 2014?  BTW, I have a 780 (FACO) credit rating and excellent credit history (18 yrs oldest; 9+ yrs avg).  Thanks in advance.