Author Topic: All In A Day's Fun  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
All In A Day's Fun
« on: September 14, 2011, 02:41:07 AM »
Logon to CO.com to find that one of my CLE-EWR-HNL bookings had a schedule change which would cause a miss-connect.

Call 1 (CO.com desk): Got put onto an earlier CLE-EWR flight to make the new EWR-HNL flight time.  Got the agent to upgrade the CLE-EWR leg (previously booked in coach/XN class) due to the inconvenience.  CLE-EWR-HNL now all in First/BF/O class.

Call 2 (CO.com desk): I realize that EWR-HNL is sold out and I won't be able to get a row 1 bassinet seat.  Agent says nothing can be done and advises trying to change on the plane.

Call 3 (CO.com desk): Sob story with Rafi crying in the background convinces the agent to change me to CLE-IAH-HNL and open up O class for me on both flights.  1B is blocked for disabled people until 24 hours prior so we're not together though.

Call 4-11 (CO.com and Plat desk): Agents refuse for various reasons to unblock 1B.  No way I'm flying to HNL with even a 1% chance of sitting separately, so I continue...

Call 12 (CO.com desk): No problem sir, I have you in 1A and 1B.  Thanks for being CO Plat.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: All In A Day's Fun
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:48:22 AM »
There's always that one nice/stupid/lazy/incompetent/skillful etc. agent that will get (practically) anything done for you.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: All In A Day's Fun
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:50:25 AM »
There's always that one nice/stupid/lazy/incompetent/skillful etc. agent that will get (practically) anything done for you.
Yup, hence my mantra!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.