Author Topic: Shifting charges from one CC to another, same bank  (Read 977 times)

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Shifting charges from one CC to another, same bank
« on: September 01, 2011, 11:35:28 PM »
I'm trying to get to the 4500 spend threshold on my business starwood card. 
Meanwhile, after having opened the card - but before receiving it - I put well over 4500 on my consumer card.

If I call and tell them I goofed, might amex be willing to shift some of the charges from one account to the other?   

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Shifting charges from one CC to another, same bank
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 12:30:14 AM »
I'd say you have, give or take, a 0% chance.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline doublejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Shifting charges from one CC to another, same bank
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 02:37:20 AM »
I'm trying to get to the 4500 spend threshold on my business starwood card. 
Meanwhile, after having opened the card - but before receiving it - I put well over 4500 on my consumer card.

If I call and tell them I goofed, might amex be willing to shift some of the charges from one account to the other?   

Dunno about your method but I figured out a work around (albeit on a much smaller scale and for just one item) - I just called up the suit store that I made a large purchase with and asked them if they minded processing a return and recharging to a different card. They said that there were no fees on their end for such a thing and would do it for me.