Author Topic: El Al Offers Free Round-Trip Ticket to Passengers on Shabbat-Diverted Flight  (Read 6640 times)

Offline Davidthebest

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2110
    • View Profile

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Such poor language it's painful to read
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/270733

According to a report Tuesday morning by Israel Hayom, attorneys representing 52 passengers from the November 23rd 2018 El Al Flight LY002 have reached a breakthrough with the airline, with the two sides agreeing that El Al will pay the claimants a total of 111,904 shekels ($31,682), or 2,152 shekels ($609) per passenger.

Offline tavster

• View Profile
Only in Israel...
Reaching a deal and canceling it on the same day

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/270756

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Only in Israel...
Reaching a deal and canceling it on the same day

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/270756
Hachi babayit!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline tavster

• View Profile
Hachi babayit!
Lol.
I also like "it's not just an airline.."

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Wow what a mess. They don't seem to be affected though based on their availability and prices

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
https://www.dansdeals.com/airfare-deals/israel-flights/el-al-settles-cancels-settlement-defamed-passengers-flight-002-tricked-flying-greece-shabbos/
What's up? You completely lost it here!

(btw, UA also swore Dr. Dao into secrecy... But that's UNITED)

I don't love El Al. But please bring up their broken partnership with HAS or the wetleases or the no-longer-existent First class. Seriously.... Every airline has their woes, and LY may have some more than others (probably not as much as AA), but this is like a bit much!
Haters will always hate. No matter what happens. (You avoid LY at any cost, perhaps you're afraid of having a positive word to say?)

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
What's up? You completely lost it here!
Considering every claim has a link and he's done the same for every other airline, I fail to see where exactly he "lost it".
(btw, UA also swore Dr. Dao into secrecy... But that's UNITED)
Me thinks there's quite a bit of a difference between an individual and a large group.
I don't love El Al. But please bring up their broken partnership with HAS or the wetleases or the no-longer-existent First class. Seriously.... Every airline has their woes, and LY may have some more than others (probably not as much as AA), but this is like a bit much!
Dan has brought up similar issues with every other airline (that interests his readership. Obviously he hasn't had much to say about Mango Air). The only thing that is a bit much is that it barely takes him 5 seconds to think of such a long list of offenses.
Haters will always hate. No matter what happens. (You avoid LY at any cost, perhaps you're afraid of having a positive word to say?)
El Al purposefully maligned and lied about its Orthodox passengers and STILL HAS NOT APOLOGIZED.
No frum Jew should travel on El Al on principle. Had any other airline done the same for any other minority we would not have heard the end of it - and rightly so. Their behavior with this flight was so beyond the pale, to try compare it to any other occurrence of bad customer service by other airlines is absurd.

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Me thinks there's quite a bit of a difference between an individual and a large group.
Why would that be? A NDA applies to all of them.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline ad120

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
try telling 50 + haredi Jews "I'm going to tell you a secret but don't tell anybody else."
That's the difference.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
Legally, yes, but practically speaking the more people they're are the harder it is to keep under wraps

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
There was no NDA
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
There was no NDA
No confidentiality clause?

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
and he's done the same for every other airline

Oh really! Can you send me links for 10% of that amount of negative coverage from the airline where he carries GS status? And no, United isn't rated 5 stars anywhere!
Even when there's an outrageous incident, he's watering it down, and cannot figure out why the massive outrage? https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/airlines/united/if-i-have-to-give-a-few-thoughts-on-the-united-incident/

If that would only happened on an El Al flight?! OMG, I think we'd still be seeing coverage until today. (not specifically from Dan, but all the Israeli media too)

Don't get me wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and can express themselves however they like. Just don't be bias while claiming not to be. I actually don't think Dan himself denies his bias against El Al. He's repeatedly mentioned here that he promotes specific cc's or deals that he benefits more from. There's lots of bashing TPG for denying bias. But you seem to believe that's not the case by claiming "he's done the same for every other airline". Maybe do some DDMS site searching, and see for yourself. Again, not saying if it's right or not to pick on a specific airline, but this post sort of painted them as world's worst airline.
It's not specifically Dan, it's a stylish thing to bash El Al. It's no fun to do that for airlines like SU/PS/AA etc. which make El Al look like a 5 star airline.
I personally flew all of the nonstop carriers between NA and TLV (DL/UA/LY/AC), and in all airlines, there's nicer staff and nastier staff, and better policies and worse policies (I can probably compile a list of a dozen policies where LY is better than UA). And as a travel agent for many years, and hearing countless horror stories across all airlines, my 2 worst ones were actually with DL and CX. And with the ratio to the amount of LY I booked, it doesn't match even close with the coverage we see in the media...

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
Oh really! Can you send me links for 10% of that amount of negative coverage from the airline where he carries GS status? And no, United isn't rated 5 stars anywhere!
Even when there's an outrageous incident, he's watering it down, and cannot figure out why the massive outrage? https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/airlines/united/if-i-have-to-give-a-few-thoughts-on-the-united-incident/

If that would only happened on an El Al flight?! OMG, I think we'd still be seeing coverage until today. (not specifically from Dan, but all the Israeli media too)

Don't get me wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and can express themselves however they like. Just don't be bias while claiming not to be. I actually don't think Dan himself denies his bias against El Al. He's repeatedly mentioned here that he promotes specific cc's or deals that he benefits more from. There's lots of bashing TPG for denying bias. But you seem to believe that's not the case by claiming "he's done the same for every other airline". Maybe do some DDMS site searching, and see for yourself. Again, not saying if it's right or not to pick on a specific airline, but this post sort of painted them as world's worst airline.
It's not specifically Dan, it's a stylish thing to bash El Al. It's no fun to do that for airlines like SU/PS/AA etc. which make El Al look like a 5 star airline.
I personally flew all of the nonstop carriers between NA and TLV (DL/UA/LY/AC), and in all airlines, there's nicer staff and nastier staff, and better policies and worse policies (I can probably compile a list of a dozen policies where LY is better than UA). And as a travel agent for many years, and hearing countless horror stories across all airlines, my 2 worst ones were actually with DL and CX. And with the ratio to the amount of LY I booked, it doesn't match even close with the coverage we see in the media...
Look at any post of his about AA, which include all kinds of anecdotal stuff about his *personal* experiences, and yes, he's posted many a screed about united.

Let me remind you what flight we're talking about:

El Al purposefully blamed the fiasco on frum passengers, knowing full well the Israeli media would jump on it and go with their story.
They have done that before, blaming delays on men refusing to be seated next to women when that had nothing to do with the delay.

They still have not apologized.

Imagine Delta blaming Muslims for their violent behavior causing a delay... It could never happen! We're not talking about El Al crew doing something stupid in an emergency, we're talking about a calculated decision by their PR team to throw frum people under the bus.

And they'll do it again and again until we stop flying on their metal. The amount of people getting all defensive on their behalf after their disgusting race-baiting is retch-inducing.