Author Topic: "Free" Google Pixel 3 and XL with Google Fi  (Read 82373 times)

Offline moisheyb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: "Free" Google Pixel 3 and XL with Google Fi
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2018, 09:46:29 AM »
Ya just checked and says estimated delivery is January 3rd
Finally got my pixel and activated it.

Offline normathej

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »
I just got my pixel and activated it, and am getting an error in transferring my google voice number.  Called customer service and it turns out that you are not allowed to port over a GV phone number that is linked to the same account that signed up for FI?  They told me to transfer my GV number away, and then try porting it.  Anybody else had this experience? 

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2018, 10:32:20 AM »
I ported from same account with no issues.

Offline Yikes2179

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2018, 10:35:43 AM »
I ported from same account with no issues.
+1

Offline moisheyb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile

Offline normathej

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2018, 10:38:25 AM »
My account hadn't been used in years, and wasn't linked to my mobile.  Could that be my issue?

Offline Buruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 26, 2018, 07:42:11 AM »
"I've reviewed your query and understand that you are concerned regarding the eligibility of the Travel on Fi promotion. I'll certainly help you with the information.

I'd like to inform you that you can use physical sim using a different service provider and switch eSIM to physical SIM to use the services. Not to worry you'll still be eligible for the promotion by switching the SIM and using the other provider services. Please use this *#*#SWITCHSIM#*#* code to switch from eSIM to physical SIM or vice versa.

Make sure the Fi service is not  paused for more than 7 days or cancelled within 120 days of activation, the value of the gift card will be charged to your Google Payments account to match the purchased price of the device.

I hope this information helps.Please feel free to contact us for any other concerns. We are here 24/7. You can contact us via Phone at 1-844-Talk2Fi, Chat or reply to this Email. We'd be more than happy to help you.

Thanks,

Abhishek
Google Fi Support"

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 26, 2018, 09:28:37 AM »
"I've reviewed your query and understand that you are concerned regarding the eligibility of the Travel on Fi promotion. I'll certainly help you with the information.

I'd like to inform you that you can use physical sim using a different service provider and switch eSIM to physical SIM to use the services. Not to worry you'll still be eligible for the promotion by switching the SIM and using the other provider services. Please use this *#*#SWITCHSIM#*#* code to switch from eSIM to physical SIM or vice versa.

Make sure the Fi service is not  paused for more than 7 days or cancelled within 120 days of activation, the value of the gift card will be charged to your Google Payments account to match the purchased price of the device.

I hope this information helps.Please feel free to contact us for any other concerns. We are here 24/7. You can contact us via Phone at 1-844-Talk2Fi, Chat or reply to this Email. We'd be more than happy to help you.

Thanks,

Abhishek
Google Fi Support"

Mammesh a Machloikes HaPoiskim... I was told clearly otherwise.. But I guess each to their own...

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #188 on: December 26, 2018, 09:56:17 AM »
Talk about a machlokes... look at the below, and then notice who said it:

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2018, 09:57:22 AM »

Thanks,

Abhishek
Google Fi Support"

Perhaps this means you can use physical SIM from another carrier provided you do so than fewer than 7 days? <shrugs>
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #190 on: December 26, 2018, 09:57:50 AM »
Lol. What a mess.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 26, 2018, 10:00:09 AM »
My question is what happens if you need to RMA a phone due to call quality issues (audio randomly doesn't transmit to the other side)...

Offline Rebbi

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 26, 2018, 01:54:21 PM »
I got a total different email.  I was told “Don’t even try it!”

Thanks for contacting Google Fi support!

I request you to please do not insert the T-Mobile SIM card in your device as it will deactivate the eSIM on your device while switching to physical SIM. If the eSIM gets deactivated then you'll not be eligible for the promo.

I'd suggest you to please wait until you receive the credits on your account. Once you receive the credits, you can switch to your T-Mobile SIM with Google Fi.

I appreciate your understanding.

If you have any queries, please feel free to reply back to the same email. We will be available 24/7.

Thanks,

Sara
Google Fi Support

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #193 on: December 26, 2018, 02:04:52 PM »
Has anyone tried it? Does your Google Fi account still show the phone as being active?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 26, 2018, 02:05:38 PM »
I have a sim from another carrier in my pixel and on my account it shows that my account is active and offers me the option to pause so it would seem it's not a problem

Offline Eliyohu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: &quot;Free&quot; Google Pixel 3 and XL with Google Fi
« Reply #195 on: December 26, 2018, 02:23:11 PM »
Perhaps this means you can use physical SIM from another carrier provided you do so than fewer than 7 days? <shrugs>
I asked this exact question to a Rep who told me, it won't invalidate the promo, it will just delay the amount of time needed to be eligible...

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 26, 2018, 02:25:41 PM »
Has anyone tried it? Does your Google Fi account still show the phone as being active?

Been tried by other(s). Shows active.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 26, 2018, 03:13:17 PM »
I bet it works then. But I'm not going to risk it.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 26, 2018, 03:28:55 PM »
Then the terms are being met. If you are still skittish I can recommend a lawyer for you.  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 26, 2018, 04:58:59 PM »
just realized something.
Based on the wording, it seems like we will be getting the gift card regardless, and just they will charge our credit card for the value of the gift card. If that's so, you should be able to dispute the charge, and there's nothing to worry about.