Author Topic: Company Asking For Product Return  (Read 3161 times)

Offline ConfusionIsKey

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Company Asking For Product Return
« on: December 02, 2018, 09:07:52 PM »
A few days ago there was a price mistake sale for a Bluetooth Speaker posted on DansDeals, effectively bringing the price down to $2.99. A few minutes ago I received an email from the company asking for customers to return the item. Here is the email:

"Dear customer,

Thanks for purchasing from VicTsing. 

This email is to convey our sincere apology. We hope beg your sympathy and you can help return your order. Below is the explanation of this issue.

Because of the human error by new staff and amazon system’s bug, two big promotion codes were used in conjunction with each other. What’s more, it has been posted by deals web accidentally and spread widely. Hence, you bought the item in a very low price, at $3.99, and its original price is $25.49. Our loss is over $3,000,000 currently, and as a small shop, we cannot afford such huge loss. 

We understand your disappointment receiving this email. We have a presumptuous request, which is hope that you can help return the speaker to Amazon. For the return label, would you please request a prepaid return label on the return center? If the prepaid return label is not available, would you mind paying the shipping fee in advance? Please send us the invoice and we will issue you the shipping fee via your order. We are still trying our best to contact Amazon on the free shipping label, to confirm whether there is other channel that can return the item back without paying for the shipping fee ahead. There is still no conclusion so far. Amazon offer us above suggestion for returnthe item back: Paying shipping fee first, them issue the shipping fee and order refund together via order.

You must feel ridiculous and speechless. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience cased and sincerely hope that you would help us out.

From the phrase of research and development to its molding, we invested a lot of money. Prepared a whole year, just wait for the peak season, however, the situation happened accidentally, all the related staff was shocked and frustrated. Prepared for 1 year, and ruined in 1 hour.

We are a small seller, and cannot afford loss like this. We are badly sorry for the inconvenience caused, and please kindly accept our sincere apology. 

Sincerely apologize for all these inconvenience.

Have a good day!

VicTsing"

Now I am unsure of what to do.
What would/will you do?

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Company Asking For Product Return
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »
A few days ago there was a price mistake sale for a Bluetooth Speaker posted on DansDeals, effectively bringing the price down to $2.99. A few minutes ago I received an email from the company asking for customers to return the item. Here is the email:

"Dear customer,

Thanks for purchasing from VicTsing.

This email is to convey our sincere apology. We hope beg your sympathy and you can help return your order. Below is the explanation of this issue.

Because of the human error by new staff and amazon system’s bug, two big promotion codes were used in conjunction with each other. What’s more, it has been posted by deals web accidentally and spread widely. Hence, you bought the item in a very low price, at $3.99, and its original price is $25.49. Our loss is over $3,000,000 currently, and as a small shop, we cannot afford such huge loss.

We understand your disappointment receiving this email. We have a presumptuous request, which is hope that you can help return the speaker to Amazon. For the return label, would you please request a prepaid return label on the return center? If the prepaid return label is not available, would you mind paying the shipping fee in advance? Please send us the invoice and we will issue you the shipping fee via your order. We are still trying our best to contact Amazon on the free shipping label, to confirm whether there is other channel that can return the item back without paying for the shipping fee ahead. There is still no conclusion so far. Amazon offer us above suggestion for returnthe item back: Paying shipping fee first, them issue the shipping fee and order refund together via order.

You must feel ridiculous and speechless. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience cased and sincerely hope that you would help us out.

From the phrase of research and development to its molding, we invested a lot of money. Prepared a whole year, just wait for the peak season, however, the situation happened accidentally, all the related staff was shocked and frustrated. Prepared for 1 year, and ruined in 1 hour.

We are a small seller, and cannot afford loss like this. We are badly sorry for the inconvenience caused, and please kindly accept our sincere apology.

Have a good day!

VicTsing"

What would/will you do?
I feel for them, although the grammar and spelling is ATROCIOUS
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 03:11:13 PM »
Definitely do NOT send it back if they don't give you a free return label. I don't trust them that they would pay you back for the return shipping label later.

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 05:21:01 PM »
I got the same email. They say it was $3.99 and the speaker was $2.99...

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 05:21:44 PM »
Definitely do NOT send it back if they don't give you a free return label. I don't trust them that they would pay you back for the return shipping label later.
+1
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 06:29:15 PM »
..and i got this for an air fryer:

Dear LoLo,

Thank you for your purchase of HOLSEM Convenient Air Fryer (knob version), and your support to our business.

We are sorry to tell you that the order amount of $29.99 was due to a system error and we do apologize for this inconvenience that caused you. This order amount of $29.99 for this air fryer resulted from an incorrect promotion combinations. And this price has caused a great loss to our whole business, which is not bearable to us any more. So we are writing this email to you to explain this issue and hope you could understand.

It would be greatly appreciated if you agree with an extra charge of $30.00 for this order, which makes the total amount of this order to be $59.99 (our lowest price ever and also our cost price). We truly understand the inconvenience this may cause you and we do appoligize for this inconvenience. Your kindness and understanding will be greatly appreciated by every member of our whole company.

If you agree with an extra charge of $30.00, please kindly call Amazon customer service at 1-888-280-4331 to provide the authorization on the extra charge of $30.00 for this order. Once completed, please kindly email us back.

We are sorry for the additional steps from your end. And we will try our best to compensate you with our greatest promotions in the future to make sure you will get the best deals from us. Thank you again for your understanding and kindness.

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a good day!

Regards,
HOLSEM

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 06:51:53 PM »
Starting to look like fraud.

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 07:00:15 PM »
And staples canceled my printer today stating that they were out of stock. After I pointed out that it's in stock online they told me that it's in stock only at the higher price.  Seems like this season is about trying to get you to buy stuff and then asking you to pay more
#TYH

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 07:17:33 PM »
And staples canceled my printer today stating that they were out of stock. After I pointed out that it's in stock online they told me that it's in stock only at the higher price.  Seems like this season is about trying to get you to buy stuff and then asking you to pay more
Did you order the one from Amazon? It was same price.Now up to $179. I passed because of the poor reviews.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 07:33:51 PM »
Did you order the one from Amazon? It was same price.Now up to $179. I passed because of the poor reviews.
Delivery date was today and got cancellation today
#TYH

Offline chbochur

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 08:18:21 PM »

"Dear customer,

This email is to convey our sincere apology. We hope beg your sympathy and you can help return your order. Below is the explanation of this issue.

We understand your disappointment receiving this email. We have a presumptuous request, which is hope that you can help return the speaker to Amazon. For the return label, would you please request a prepaid return label on the return center? If the prepaid return label is not available, would you mind paying the shipping fee in advance? Please send us the invoice and we will issue you the shipping fee via your order. We are still trying our best to contact Amazon on the free shipping label, to confirm whether there is other channel that can return the item back without paying for the shipping fee ahead. There is still no conclusion so far. Amazon offer us above suggestion for returnthe item back: Paying shipping fee first, them issue the shipping fee and order refund together via order.

Have a good day!

VicTsing"

What would/will you do?
Got the same email. I would offer to pay the extra but I'm not paying to ship it back

Offline ericchavez91

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 08:41:35 PM »

"Dear customer,

Have a good day!

VicTsing"

What would/will you do?
I already got my second email from them. The grammar is really something special.
Over $3 million in losses?! That's a lot of speakers

Offline Tuna Baygel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 08:58:27 PM »
I don’t understand. They’re a small shop but have 3 million dollars inventory of one $25 item

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 09:55:16 PM »
I don’t understand. They’re a small shop but have 3 million dollars inventory of one $25 item

yeah, small shop.

"Over the years, VicTsing has developed into one of the
world’s favorite brand in the line of consumer electronics and home appliance. Boasting its annual sales of
$75million"
https://www.victsing.com/pages/about-us

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 09:59:25 PM »
yeah, small shop.

"Over the years, VicTsing has developed into one of the
world’s favorite brand in the line of consumer electronics and home appliance. Boasting its annual sales of
$75million"
https://www.victsing.com/pages/about-us

Sure. When asked how they make money when selling at a loss, the answer is that they make up for it with volume.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 10:14:24 PM »
Volume losses.

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 07:53:33 PM »
I already got my second email from them. The grammar is really something special.
Over $3 million in losses?! That's a lot of speakers

It’s a lie, plain and simple. They are trying to evoke sympathy by exaggerating their losses.

An employee screwed up there and his or her head is on the line and is resorting to desperate tactics.

Can’t even pay a pro to write the email?

“You must feel ridiculous and speechless”. No, YOU must feel ridiculous writing a poorly worded desperate email.

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 08:04:56 PM »
This is wild!

Hahaha

I've never heard or seen anything like this before.
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 08:16:31 PM »
+1
2 days after delivery..

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 07:52:50 AM »
Sure. When asked how they make money when selling at a loss, the answer is that they make up for it with volume.

It’s usually a valid strategy if  your product is now ranked well on amazon at a higher price.
Visibly Jewish