Author Topic: What on earth can I do for you SIA?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline yellowsky

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
What on earth can I do for you SIA?
« on: March 22, 2023, 03:19:52 PM »
Dear DDF Community,

I'm reaching out for some guidance and advice regarding an issue I'm experiencing with Singapore Airlines. I've had my KrisFlyer account for 6 months and recently found 3 tickets for 81000 rewards each from JFK to FRA with an additional leg by StarAlliance partner Lufthansa. I called Singapore Airlines to put the tickets on hold and then transferred the necessary 243000 miles from my American Express account to my KrisFlyer account, which are both under my exact name.

However, when I called Singapore Airlines to complete the transaction over the phone, I was informed that my account was under review. Since then, I've been asked to provide a variety of documents, including passport copies of myself and fellow travelers, driver's license, American Express screenshots with my name, transaction details, and dates. I was even asked for my American Express reward number, even though such a number is non existent. Despite sending all the requested documents promptly, I have not been able to get a the audit cleared.

The call center in the Philippines picks up the phone right away, but they are only able to mark the case as urgent, follow up, or resend the documents., as much as I tried HUCA and supervisors they are unable to "normalize" the account, as they call it. The "relevant team" is unresponsive and unreachable, and it appears that they are the highest authority and the only ones who can normalize my account.

In addition, the tickets that were on hold somhow lost their second leg, and now only the JFK-FRA flight remains on the account, although I have it in writing that the flights are confirmed if ticketed before April 6.

I have tried calling multiple times and even spoken to managers who promised call backs, but nothing has been done. My entire trip to Europe is now stranded, and I'm at a loss as to what else I can do to resolve this issue. Should I tell them I'll report them to DOT? Should I sue them in small claims court?

Can I buy the tickets in cash and sue them for the costs since they dropped my second leg on a confirmed reservation? Will I ever see a penny?

Please help me.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: What on earth can I do for you SIA?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 05:06:36 PM »
If there's fire where there's smoke (on sold tickets), you're probably out of luck

Offline yellowsky

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 02:43:24 PM »
If there's fire where there's smoke (on sold tickets), you're probably out of luck

Sorry, I'm a bit new here which might be the reason I don't understand where you see smoke.

Kindly go the extra mile to explain your view of the events.

Offline tov hashem

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 03:11:16 PM »
Dear DDF Community,

I'm reaching out for some guidance and advice regarding an issue I'm experiencing with Singapore Airlines. I've had my KrisFlyer account for 6 months and recently found 3 tickets for 81000 rewards each from JFK to FRA with an additional leg by StarAlliance partner Lufthansa. I called Singapore Airlines to put the tickets on hold and then transferred the necessary 243000 miles from my American Express account to my KrisFlyer account, which are both under my exact name.

However, when I called Singapore Airlines to complete the transaction over the phone, I was informed that my account was under review. Since then, I've been asked to provide a variety of documents, including passport copies of myself and fellow travelers, driver's license, American Express screenshots with my name, transaction details, and dates. I was even asked for my American Express reward number, even though such a number is non existent. Despite sending all the requested documents promptly, I have not been able to get a the audit cleared.

The call center in the Philippines picks up the phone right away, but they are only able to mark the case as urgent, follow up, or resend the documents., as much as I tried HUCA and supervisors they are unable to "normalize" the account, as they call it. The "relevant team" is unresponsive and unreachable, and it appears that they are the highest authority and the only ones who can normalize my account.

In addition, the tickets that were on hold somhow lost their second leg, and now only the JFK-FRA flight remains on the account, although I have it in writing that the flights are confirmed if ticketed before April 6.

I have tried calling multiple times and even spoken to managers who promised call backs, but nothing has been done. My entire trip to Europe is now stranded, and I'm at a loss as to what else I can do to resolve this issue. Should I tell them I'll report them to DOT? Should I sue them in small claims court?

Can I buy the tickets in cash and sue them for the costs since they dropped my second leg on a confirmed reservation? Will I ever see a penny?

Please help me.
https://airconsumer.dot.gov/escomplaint/ConsumerForm.cfm
this is what helped me in the exact problem,

Offline Naftuli19

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 03:15:15 PM »
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 04:44:05 PM »
Sorry, I'm a bit new here which might be the reason I don't understand where you see smoke.

Kindly go the extra mile to explain your view of the events.
If you sold tickets in the past from that account that they are now investigating, it is highly probable that they know that and that no amount of kvetching will reverse it

Offline yellowsky

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 11:17:53 AM »
If you sold tickets in the past from that account that they are now investigating, it is highly probable that they know that and that no amount of kvetching will reverse it

Never sold any points/tickets. This points transfer is the first transaction to this account. The name is a 100% match and I am one of the passengers on the reservation that I put on hold.