Author Topic: Papagaio - Brazilian Table for 2 - 195 ₪  (Read 6340 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Papagaio - Brazilian Table for 2 - 195 ₪
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 01:18:38 PM »
IDK, I went to Papagaio on 10 minutes notice on a Thursday night w/ a party of 20 people (!) and they were very accommodating considering that they were jam packed.

We all did the brazilian table and it was definitely quite a feast. The meats were rather good and plentiful and service the same. We did make quite a ruckus as they placed us smack in middle of the restaurant...and 20 guys certainly weren't going to eat quietly...

Pet peeve with Keyara is small portions and sky high pricing....at least with Papagaio you don't leave hungry and if you do it's certainly not their fault. :)
Maybe I had a bad experience, but they were very slow with bringing meat.  They gave us a little tiny piece every 15 minutes and often wouldn't even have enough on the stick to give meat to everyone on our table. It took nearly 3 hours to stuff ourselves, although they were always happy to bring more salads and fries so we could fill ourselves up on the cheap stuff.   And the quality of the meat just wasn't that great.  The Caiparinha which is awesome in Clubhouse is horrible in Papagaio, even though Papagaio uses authentic Cachaça and Clubhouse just uses Rum.

I'd prefer the small but mouthwatering pepper steak from lemarais for $32 any day over spending $55 at a papagaio.

Now in Brazil they actually had a place that did this right once a week and just charged $10 for it back when I was there for the year.  The meats came fast and furious and you have your own grill on your table where they leave the meat you want so you can eat it at your desired speed.  I was there with another guy ever Sunday.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »
The deal at Papagaio is $55 for 2 people. But I agree, Le MArais or Vacquiero are better.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 02:46:05 PM »
The deal at Papagaio is $55 for 2 people.
I was referring to the regular price.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »
Vacquiero are better.
talk about slow service

Offline dd321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 12:33:03 AM »
Burgers Bar is decent enough.  But in all my travels to Israel the only meat I really enjoyed was the philly steak sandwich from rimon.
I agree the Philly is good, I used to like Hess but they have
 hechsher problems.

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 10:58:15 PM »
Does Papagaio charge full price for the Brazilian table for small children?

(I apologize for not opening a new thread)

Offline deal boy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Offline regular

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 01:39:52 PM »

Offline deal boy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 01:50:54 PM »
Maybe I had a bad experience, but they were very slow with bringing meat.  They gave us a little tiny piece every 15 minutes and often wouldn't even have enough on the stick to give meat to everyone on our table. It took nearly 3 hours to stuff ourselves, although they were always happy to bring more salads and fries so we could fill ourselves up on the cheap stuff.   And the quality of the meat just wasn't that great.  The Caiparinha which is awesome in Clubhouse is horrible in Papagaio, even though Papagaio uses authentic Cachaça and Clubhouse just uses Rum.

I'd prefer the small but mouthwatering pepper steak from lemarais for $32 any day over spending $55 at a papagaio.

Now in Brazil they actually had a place that did this right once a week and just charged $10 for it back when I was there for the year.  The meats came fast and furious and you have your own grill on your table where they leave the meat you want so you can eat it at your desired speed.  I was there with another guy ever Sunday.

I happened to have had a great experience every time i went. I have been there 4 or 5 times and every time the food was great and the service was pretty fast. I also think it is worth the $55 just for the liver alone...

Offline shmoe joe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 02:09:07 PM »
hate to ruin ur appetite but I witnessed a few of the kitchen staff smoking while cooking..... And ps all Israel meat taste like horse meat. Can't get a decent burger
what's wrong with smoked meat:))
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Offline shmoe joe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2016, 02:13:50 PM »

can I ask you in pm the name of the owner from the Brazilian store? I think it was my uncle gosh he had good food
give some love (likes) to a brother!