Author Topic: Whatever happened to world venture?  (Read 2702 times)

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
Whatever happened to world venture?
« on: September 08, 2011, 11:32:37 PM »
I was approached awhile ago to join world venture and repeatedly turned it down.  Just wanted to know if anyone heard anything about it recently.

I found one topic on the site about it and i really don't want to reopen that discussion, just if anyone knows anything new

Offline steeeveknowsbest

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to world venture?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »
A friend of mind claims to be doing very well with it, but then again i don't REALLY know as he wouldn't say otherwise after spending countless hours defending and arguing it's pros to all who didn't hang up on him.  :)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 12:09:31 AM »
I heard Bernie did really well for many years too!!!
You know, before his kid committed suicide and his wife left him and all that...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:16:01 AM »
I was just curious to know if it went belly up yet. Don't want it to turn into another thread arguing the (perceived) pros and cons. Can't imagine how that would help anybody.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 12:24:09 AM »
Inevitably it will turn into that.

All of these scams eventually go belly-up.  It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that MHA wasn't a sustainable business and only idiots were truly surprised to see it die. 

It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when the amount of suckers at the bottom stop signing up at a rate that can support the pyramid.

I'm sure there's lots of money to be made in scams like these.  But beware that you will have no friends left after you harass them all to no end and then watch it collapse after they buy into it.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 12:30:06 AM »
Oh i have no thought of actually signing up. I turned them down when they came to me (though I'm still friends with them ;) ) and I haven't reconsidered (though strangely I have asked them about it recently and haven't gotten a reply  :o ) . As I said I was just curious if it failed yet (key word yet). My curiosity now being satisfied if you think this will turn into such a thread please feel free to delete it. I actually would feel bad if someone were to read this not having heard of it and then getting sucked in.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 12:33:08 AM »
from a little googling, it look like its still around: Google search of past week results

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 12:34:53 AM »
I saw that it's still technically in business. Just had no idea if it's still going strong or in it's death throes

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 12:36:57 AM »
I just noticed that it's against forum policy to discuss mlm's (please don't ban me  :) ) Also noticed that the rule went into affect very soon after that last thread about this. Coincidence?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 02:04:38 AM »
I know someone who has done quite well with it, and AFAIK it is still alive and well.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 02:15:01 AM »
I know someone who has done quite well with it, and AFAIK it is still alive and well.
Berenie did really well, until he didn't.

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 02:15:13 AM »
or couldn't

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 06:20:54 AM »
I am (still) friends with one of the first ten Frum Jews. I asked him about it a few months ago, and he refused to talk about. He basically said he regretted having ever started, even though he for sure made some good money off of it.
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 02:37:13 PM »
Berenie did really well, until he didn't.

And, your point? If the guy did it on the side and did really well for a few months/years, that's money. And, in case a DDF surfer is not aware: money is money is money.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 02:53:41 PM »
And, your point? If the guy did it on the side and did really well for a few months/years, that's money. And, in case a DDF surfer is not aware: money is money is money.
Disagree.  There's dirty money and clean money.
Is money robbed from a bank the same as money earned from a real job?  How about money you go collect from friends and family for in order to invest in a bogus company you plan to create?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 04:05:40 PM »
Disagree.  There's dirty money and clean money.
Is money robbed from a bank the same as money earned from a real job?  How about money you go collect from friends and family for in order to invest in a bogus company you plan to create?

Whoa, whoa. First of all, apparently WV has some sort of negative reputation that I am unfamiliar with. AFAIK, WV is simply a company that sells vacations at a reduced price for a membership fee. Second of all, I'd obviously agree that stealing money from a bank is unlike making it the old-fashioned way.

Care to explain why this is akin to stealing from a bank?

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 11:16:13 PM »
I am (still) friends with one of the first ten Frum Jews. I asked him about it a few months ago, and he refused to talk about. He basically said he regretted having ever started, even though he for sure made some good money off of it.
similar here, ive got a few friends that entered and some, when i asked told me they sold it to someone else and they didnt want to have anything to do with it, and the ones that are stuck in it, dont want to talk about it and cant give straight answers.
i just say thank G-D that i didnt sign up bec i was very convinced at first but once i read all that was said on DDF i kinda changed my mind. and smart choice!