Author Topic: Greenlight launches 3% Family Cash Card  (Read 939 times)

Offline theyankel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile

Offline JuryDuty

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
Re: Greenlight launches 3% Family Cash Card
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 12:12:49 PM »
Requires subscription, minimum 5$/month
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 01:48:53 PM »
I just came across this card when looking online for the highest cash-back cards.

Seems like it's quite easy to get unlimited 3% cash back, which is compelling even if it comes with the equivalent of a $60 AF ($4.99 x 12).

Does anyone have this card? Are they generous with Credit Lines? Any issues to look out for? One red flag for me was that I tried to get the T&C on their website and it errored out.

https://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/greenlight-family-cash-card/
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline JuryDuty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 01:57:27 PM »
I just came across this card when looking online for the highest cash-back cards.

Seems like it's quite easy to get unlimited 3% cash back, which is compelling even if it comes with the equivalent of a $60 AF ($4.99 x 12).

Does anyone have this card? Are they generous with Credit Lines? Any issues to look out for? One red flag for me was that I tried to get the T&C on their website and it errored out.

https://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/greenlight-family-cash-card/

Their T&C link is to a pdf, which my phone gave me an warning message but allowed me to download regardless

greenlight.com/rewards-program-terms-and-conditions
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline JuryDuty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 01:59:39 PM »
Their T&C link is to a pdf, which my phone gave me an warning message but allowed me to download regardless

greenlight.com/rewards-program-terms-and-conditions

Only major callout I noticed:

During each 1 billing cycle earn rewards on Eligible Purchases: Earn 3% on all purchases when you spend at least $4,000.00. Earn 2% on all purchases when you spend at least $1,000.00 but less than $4,000.00. Earn 1% on all purchases when you spend less than $1,000.00.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2023, 02:08:23 PM »
Only major callout I noticed:

During each 1 billing cycle earn rewards on Eligible Purchases: Earn 3% on all purchases when you spend at least $4,000.00. Earn 2% on all purchases when you spend at least $1,000.00 but less than $4,000.00. Earn 1% on all purchases when you spend less than $1,000.00.

The only problem with that is if they are stingy about giving large CL. Otherwise, this is a non-issue. Compare this to Chase Business Premier which has a $195 AF (compared to Greenlight's $60) and gives 2.5% on charges of $5,000 or more. The advantage of the Chase card is that it is a business card (and the disadvantage is that there are people out there that are blacklisted with Chase, which is known to shut down accounts without notice or obvious reason).
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2023, 02:15:42 PM »
In addition, it seems like there's some kind of bonus/reward for kids savings (1% on $4.99 plan, 5% on $14.99 plan). I'm not sure how this works, but this might make things even more lucrative.

ETA: looks like this is a rate on up to $5,000 in savings per family. Works out to an extra $200/yr for spending an extra $120 on the subscription.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 02:19:43 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan