DansDeals Forum > Politics Discussion Board

Geopolitics and Wars of Israel

(1/158) > >>

PlatinumGuy:

--- Quote from: Happyguy on May 11, 2021, 08:27:40 AM ---Can you find me a source please?

--- End quote ---

Source for what?

R Chaim is talking about a mitzvah of living in EY, now that the State of Israel is a fait accompli and individuals immigrating doesn't increase Arab terrorism. We are talking about a hypothetical situation where there would be no state and no resultant bloodshed.

Ergel:

--- Quote from: PlatinumGuy on May 11, 2021, 08:33:59 AM ---Source for what?

R Chaim is talking about a mitzvah of living in EY, now that the State of Israel is a fait accompli and individuals immigrating doesn't increase Arab terrorism. We are talking about a hypothetical situation where there would be no state and no resultant bloodshed.

--- End quote ---
So we should have gone to Uganda?

Happyguy:

--- Quote from: PlatinumGuy on May 11, 2021, 08:31:01 AM ---Source for what?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: PlatinumGuy on May 11, 2021, 06:44:44 AM ---For me and my rebbeim, if it would be hypothetically be feasible for all Jews in Israel to emigrate to the US (or anyplace safe), it would indeed be preferable. Jewish sovereignty of Israel isn't a value to us at all, certainly not one that justifies the price of 50k dead Jews (and counting). We do accept it is unfeasible to leave Israel and so the Israeli state was probably the safest option given the circumstances.

--- End quote ---

PlatinumGuy:

--- Quote from: Ergel on May 11, 2021, 08:35:45 AM ---So we should have gone to Uganda?

--- End quote ---
If it would've been feasible, sure. This is standard Charedi hashkafa. It was never feasible though

Happyguy:

--- Quote from: PlatinumGuy on May 11, 2021, 08:33:59 AM ---R Chaim is talking about a mitzvah of living in EY, now that the State of Israel is a fait accompli and individuals immigrating doesn't increase Arab terrorism. We are talking about a hypothetical situation where there would be no state and no resultant bloodshed.

--- End quote ---

So why is R' Chaim telling people to make aliya according to you? It's not as if people in Lakewood have nowhere to go

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version