Author Topic: Scamed by anti-semite in spirit airline  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Mendel Ezagui

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Scamed by anti-semite in spirit airline
« on: May 02, 2024, 12:02:46 AM »
Bh

I ordered 3 flights on spirit airline for me my wife & baby from LGA airport to FLL this erev shviei shel pesach to be for the last days of Yom tov @ home

My flight was called for 11:59am

I got a email the night before saying that it will be delayed to 12:30pm

So I came to the Air Port 1 hour before the flight at 11:30

When I got to the check in, & gave the women by the desk my passports the women called the manager & they were looking at our passports & were laughing to themselves, & the manger whispered some words to the lady by the desk

Then they told me that the I'm late & they made the flight to 11:59, even though it was a half hour before, they told me I was late & the flight is full & I'm late... (Most probably because it was full & no room.anyway they told me I'm late) & they told me I need to pay another 99$ for each ticket to go on the next flight
I told them I got a half hour before the flight, but they told me I didn't check in before so therefore I need to pay
I told them that I came late because they changed the time the last minute & it's not my fault, but I was talking to the wall, & the person there told me i me I just add another 99$ each.

I Got upset, so I raised my voice a bit on him, & told him that in the past they gave me a refund & a ticket on the next flight

But the man there told me that he is the manager & he makes the rules & I will need to pay another 99$ for the next flight, I took my phone to take a picture of the person

So he got upset & me & told me & can't take a picture & I will be bann for flying on there airline, then he wrote some notes on the computer on ticket saying that I raised my voice & tried to take a picture & he basically said to mees me up like he did as you will see

I called the costumer service, they didn't want to give a refund

So another yid that was there with me, that they did to her the same, & told her to call for a refund , so that is what she did, & they gave her to fly with the next flight from Newark airport at 3pm, when she was on the phone to asked for me to fly also with the next flight with her, & they gave me the ticket with out paying the additional 99$

We got to Newark a hour before flight, & made the boarding pass ony phone

Got to TSA & they told me that I need 2 more barcodes for me & my baby, even though that is what I got by email when I did the check in for all 3

So I ran back to the desk & the lady told me just to go to the machine & it will take a minute, & told her I'm here so she should just do it for me

She told me where is the baby & said with my wife by TSA, so she told me it's ok & she will give me the boarding pass without the baby, but after she scanned my passport, she saw something on the computer (she saw the note that manager wrote to mees me up) so she told me that she needs to make a phone call, she took her phone & started talking for 10 min, & told her that I'm in a rush & she should just print my boarding pass, but she just ignored me & continue talking, so i went to the next worker & told him i need help, i only have about 20 min left to my flight & don't understand why dhe is talking for so long, so she told the person in the phone “he is asking othet peple gor help” , so then she took my passport & went to the back, like that i wont be able to go to a different worker to print my boarding passes, or go to the machine,
Then she came back literally 15 minutes before the flight & told me that I must bring the baby, this is after she told me that I don't need to, well she was looking to make me miss my flight..
I ran upstairs to the TSA, took my one year old baby, ran back downstairs to the dest with the baby, & then, 13 minutes before the flight she printed the boarding pass
I run back up with my baby told everyone by the TSA that I have a flight in 10 minutes & if I can please skip the line, everyone let us, so I did the the security fast, then ran with my baby & pregnant wife down the long duty free, got to the gate about 8 minutes before the flight, the plane was there with bridged connected, & the man by the gate was on the phone already taking to someone, & told us “yes I know you would come now (someone was with him on the phone & told him not to let us on the plane), you can't go on the flight, it is to late” I pleaded to the guy to please let me on the plane, but he didn't want to let me on, he said I'm busy not on the computer, when I'm available I'll let you know, he was “busy” on the computer till the plane took off, then he told me you can go on the next flight tomorrow morning..
& Told him i have a holiday & can't fly, so he told me “you can get a 90 days credit for any flight you want” so I told him ok, I'll let you know soon which flight I want
I went to the restroom, & came back & he told me I'm sorry I cant give you the credit now, it's to late, (he did not tell me that I have a limted amount of time.to clame the refund credit) he told me that i can get the credit by phone only
So I left the air port & called up the customer service & they told me that I need to it only in the airport & not by phone…
I called again they told me that I can only use the help center & send a text (from my experience in the past, this help center dose not help at all!!) & they won't give me any refund because they closed my ticket.
Anyone have any advice what I can do to get a refund or sew this scammers company anti semites

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Scamed by anti-semite in spirit airline
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 10:07:10 AM »
You lost me at I got upset and raised my voice
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 11:00:04 AM »
Sorry about that, but for the future, you generally need to be there an hour (or whatever) before the original flight time.
Also, they often deny boarding less than  15 minutes before departure-especially with a baby. They are not being anti-Semitic with that, just they need to keep to their schedule. I know a case where a family was denied boarding within 15 minutes, but they gave them all $30 vouchers for their new 6 hour wait.

I am sorry about your ordeal, no Idea how to help you now, but keep this in mind for future flights. And if you have luggage and a baby, one hour is not enough.

Offline Jeremiah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 11:29:11 AM »
Always always check in before heading to airport

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 12:30:24 PM »
Sounds like an awful experience, which you undoubtedly exacerbated (by your own admission). Nothing in your post explains why you used "anti-semite" in the title. Was that little tidbit included when you "raised your voice" a bit?

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2024, 12:48:28 PM »
Nothing in your post explains why you used "anti-semite" in the title.

Because the alternative is admitting that it was his fault by showing up to checkin 29 minutes before his flight. Much easier to cry anti-semitism.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2024, 01:12:28 PM »
Sometimes antisemitism is in the attitude.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline EliJelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2024, 01:15:49 PM »
Whether AS or not, but if we take the story at face value then I'm shocked how this coordinated "punishing" works, adding notes to give a hard time for a passenger even at another airport and then they all play along, sounds mafia like.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2024, 01:24:42 PM »
Because the alternative is admitting that it was his fault by showing up to checkin 29 minutes before his flight. Much easier to cry anti-semitism.

Look, I totally get the stress and frustration of travelling with (a) kid(s) right before Yom Tov and you often end up running later than you planned. It's entirely possible the flight time was delayed and then brought forward. I almost missed a flight that way (I was passed security and went to hang out with someone else at a different gate because I had plenty of time).

But I'm wagering that "raised my voice a bit" would be described quite differently by others who were there, and that it included a version of "you're only picking on me because I'm Jewish" which now has him unofficially blacklisted by any human who will deal with him at Spirit. IOW, OP is at the FO stage of FA.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2024, 01:29:52 PM »
Whether AS or not, but if we take the story at face value then I'm shocked how this coordinated "punishing" works, adding notes to give a hard time for a passenger even at another airport and then they all play along, sounds mafia like.

This is fairly common. Customer service jobs subject reps to dealing with people who are belligerent, angry, etc. Reps often have very little recourse, they have to serve the customer, but they can write notes in the case or even customer profile. A colleague reading that note is now A) on edge, expecting the conversation to turn sideways, and B) going to have the back of their colleague knowing what they often go through. And due to the unofficial nature of this "punishment" it would be neigh impossible to get rid of such a note from your profile.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2024, 01:38:02 PM »
This is fairly common. Customer service jobs subject reps to dealing with people who are belligerent, angry, etc. Reps often have very little recourse, they have to serve the customer, but they can write notes in the case or even customer profile. A colleague reading that note is now A) on edge, expecting the conversation to turn sideways, and B) going to have the back of their colleague knowing what they often go through. And due to the unofficial nature of this "punishment" it would be neigh impossible to get rid of such a note from your profile.

Interesting. I get adding a note to be more on edge and prepared but if such a note translates into getting everyone on board with actively working to make him miss following flights, that's over the top.   

Offline Shmueli

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2024, 02:20:02 PM »
Don't fly spirit Erev YT.

Don't assume bec a flight was delayed means it won't go on time.

Don't wait to get to the airport to check in.

Don't show up to the airport an hour before your flight (even if you checking in already and have precheck and clear) especially with a pregnant wife and a kid.

Don't yell at the manager.

Don't make a chillul hashem.

Use periods and commas.

The manager sounds like a shmuck (and he probably is no fan of Jews either), but sorry - this one is on you.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2024, 02:38:06 PM »

Great summary. I'd add, DO use machines and avoid dealing with reps when dealing with companies like Spirit who are notorious for terrible power tripping customer service.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2024, 02:39:56 PM »
Don't show up to the airport an hour before your flight (even if you checking in already and have precheck and clear)
Erm, all good except this.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2024, 02:43:02 PM »
Erm, all good except this.

+1. Showing up at LGA an hour before the flight is a L'ketchila

Offline can

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA GOLD. AC 25K. Hertz PC. National EE.
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2024, 02:48:32 PM »
Don't assume bec a flight was delayed means it won't go on time.

This one is a new one for me.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2024, 02:52:46 PM »
This one is a new one for me.
Fairly common actually. Just ask @jj1000

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2024, 03:00:10 PM »
What can he do now?
Calm down and accept that you may not get compensation.
Contact Spirit: Is Twitter the best for this? Ask for some compensation for the 'mixup' and delay.
Be polite. Don't be demanding - request. Have a warm friendly manner.
Suggest a reasonable compensation, but don't expect them to agree.
good luck
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Alexsei

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2024, 03:02:53 PM »
Why do I see a parallel between low cost airlines and low cost off airport car rentals?
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ