Author Topic: AMEX premium shipping gift card charge!?!  (Read 6242 times)

Offline Rivky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
AMEX premium shipping gift card charge!?!
« on: July 04, 2011, 07:49:34 AM »
Hi

I just got an email from American Express saying :

Your Premium Shipping Plan enrollment is confirmed.
Dear Customer,            

Your free-trial for the Premium Shipping Plan ended and we have charged you for the annual cost of enrollment using the payment method you provided to us.

Enrollment date: April 04, 2011
Expiration date: April 04, 2012

As you know, the plan allows you to receive free Express Next Day shipping on every American Express Gift Card order placed for one full year. We hope you take advantage often of this service.

As a thank you for your enrollment, we are sending you a $25 Gift Card that will arrive within 2 weeks.

Remember, you always need to log in to your account at www.americanexpress.com/gift before you order to take advantage of this offer.

Thank you for your business.
Sincerely,
 American Express Customer Service

Does anyone know what this is from? I dont remember signing up for any plan besides for ordering FEE-Free gift cards back in October.  It says on my gift card account that they will be charging me $99 for this "plan".  How do I go about canceling it?! Should I wait until my card is charged?

Thanks

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: AMEX premium shipping gift card charge!?!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 08:07:46 AM »
Hi

Dear Customer,            

Your free-trial for the Premium Shipping Plan ended and we have charged you for the annual cost of enrollment using the payment method you provided to us.

As you know, the plan allows you to receive free Express Next Day shipping on every American Express Gift Card order placed for one full year. We hope you take advantage often of this service.

As a thank you for your enrollment, we are sending you a $25 Gift Card that will arrive within 2 weeks.

Remember, you always need to log in to your account at www.americanexpress.com/gift before you order to take advantage of this offer.

Sincerely,

Does anyone know what this is from? I dont remember signing up for any plan besides for ordering FEE-Free gift cards back in October.  It says on my gift card account that they will be charging me $99 for this nullplannull.  How do I go about canceling it?! Should I wait until my card is charged?

Thanks

You got three months of free-shipping on GCs, this is another year of the same, but cost $99.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Q274

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: barely
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 08:09:02 AM »
Send an sm telling them u want to cancel but you don't know how.

Also in order to have gotten fee free gift cards u had to have signed up for a 90 day trial, the 90 days are probably over and now they are charging you for the year.

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 10:51:06 AM »
so funny i just got the same email, and im sure i cancelled months ago. besides y wud they write APRIL its now july....? i will call them later but im not sure what account its even under...

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »
Send an sm telling them u want to cancel but you don't know how.

Also in order to have gotten fee free gift cards u had to have signed up for a 90 day trial, the 90 days are probably over and now they are charging you for the year.
wont help
so funny i just got the same email, and im sure i cancelled months ago. besides y wud they write APRIL its now july....? i will call them later but im not sure what account its even under...
Hi

Dear Customer,            

Sincerely,

Does anyone know what this is from? I dont remember signing up for any plan besides for ordering FEE-Free gift cards back in October.  It says on my gift card account that they will be charging me $99 for this "plan".  How do I go about canceling it?! Should I wait until my card is charged?

Thanks
log on to your amex acc click on cards/ gift cards on the gift card page right side almost at top it says manage my... click that and the rest is very easy to figure out

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 03:13:16 PM »
i called and cancelled by phone cus they charged me- i acted dumb (even though i do remember cancelling but i guess i did it a few times that one time i didnt) and they cancelled it and credited me back all 99$

Offline Q274

• View Profile
  • Programs: barely
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 07:38:04 PM »
@dansfan
Yes it will