5 (41.7%)
pass with low income (under 20k)
0 (0%)
pass using bank statments
3 (25%)
I closed my accounts
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: amex fr  (Read 3849 times)

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
amex fr
« on: December 27, 2011, 10:14:33 PM »
if you manage acc for other ppl please poll for each one separately (i know there is a thread about fr but there are guys who didnt feel the need to post there )

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: amex fr
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 11:59:12 PM »
if you manage acc for other ppl please poll for each one separately (i know there is a thread about fr but there are guys who didnt feel the need to post there )

How do I vote? I passed with neither low nor substantial income in 2007, and closed most of my cards, they closed one for me, in 2011.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »
Does "providing enough information with an FR rep on first contact" count as passing an FR?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »
Does "providing enough information with an FR rep on first contact" count as passing an FR?

Enough that you didn't have to provide any documents?

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 11:36:21 AM »
Enough that you didn't have to provide any documents?

Correct.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 11:37:10 AM »
Correct.

Interesting? What did they ask and what did you tell them? Did they freeze your accounts until they called you?

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 12:24:58 PM »
Interesting? What did they ask and what did you tell them? Did they freeze your accounts until they called you?

I don't know about the freezing (I hadn't checked my account online or tried to charge anything that day).
I was new to this; the triggers were obvious and confirmed by the rep:  I activated a new SPG Business.  I made a $450 AP charge to it the next day.  A few minutes later I made a $500 AP charge to my PR Gold (which had been open for almost a year).  These were the first times I ever used AP.

F/R rep called me a couple of days later after the charges to "ask me a few questions".  Basically what the nature of my business was, why I charged so much to Amazon Payments in a short time, what my income was, what my intended use of my SPG Business card was, how much I intended to spend on it and my other cards, my auto loan, and why did I have so many AMEX cards (Delta, Hilton, PR Gold, PR Plat, a pending SPG Consumer, and SPG Biz ($3k limit)).

For the biz questions, I told him I operate an EBay business.  My nature is that I buy season tickets for sporting events and resell most of them on EBay.  I told him I would get 4 equal charges for the entire season for Basketball tickets, 5 equal charges for baseball tickets, and 3 equal charges for NFL tickets.  That really was my intent, but I ended up not renewing my NBA or NFL tickets (the resale market for CLE sporting events now blows).  For the AP charges, I told him it was payment for purchasing new computer equipment for the business (not entirely true).  He asked how much I would be spending on the SPG Biz in the future and I told him not more than $1k/mo.

For my spending patterns, I told him that in my past I didn't have personal AMEX charges total over $2000/mo, and I pay my balance in full each month on all of my cards with all issuers.  As for the amount of cards, I told him my job frequently has us staying at Hilton branded hotels and Delta flights since we travel to small cities that typically have Hiltons and are serviced by Delta (all true) and the benefits I get by having those cards all help.  In areas were Starwood is convenient, we stay there.  He asked me to verbally verify my annual income and I did.  I mentioned my auto loan was almost paid off and that I've never been delinquent on any of my accounts.

I was able to fire off answers immediately without hesitation.  The entire process took 10-15 minutes.  In the end, he thanked me for my time and that was it.  None of my cards were closed and none of my credit limits were cut. 

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »
That's not an actual F/R.

That's what I termed a "mini F/R."
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »
one of my amex credit cards has a CL of 1200$ it was maxed out for a while now its paid off , should I request a credit increase ? or can that trigger  a FR since it was maxed for a while?
p.s. my other card with amex is amex platinum charging about 5000$-9000$ month
also will it lower my chances for approval by Other lenders like chase, that I have such low CL?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:25:17 PM by creditor »
I'm just say'in©®

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 12:29:52 AM »
one of my amex credit cards has a CL of 1200$ it was maxed out for a while now its paid off , should I request a credit increase ? or can that trigger  a FR since it was maxed for a while?
p.s. my other card with amex is amex platinum charging about 5000$-9000$ month
also will it lower my chances for approval by Other lenders like chase, that I have such low CL?

Wwrong thread for FR's (though OP's title is a bit deceiving, should have had "poll" in it). I would not worry about triggering an FR for the specific reason mentioned. May I ask why you can't just use the Amex Plat?

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: amex fr
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 04:20:29 AM »
Wwrong thread for FR's (though OP's title is a bit deceiving, should have had "poll" in it). I would not worry about triggering an FR for the specific reason mentioned. May I ask why you can't just use the Amex Plat?
I mainly use the amex platinum for about 100000$ yearly, but the delta platinum which sucha low CL is useless,+it wouldn't help me get approved for other cc's having a card with sucha low CL
I'm just say'in©®